Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-26-2020, 09:24 AM   #11566
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
I have not heard or scene any medical professional using the method he is using. He is not counting active cases. Everyone else in the world is saying if you aren't dead then we count that regardless if you are active or recovered.

So using the formula everyone else is using the mortality rate right now globally is 4.5%. I understand what he is trying to say but no one else seems to be using that formula or at least the vast majority are not.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2020, 09:26 AM   #11567
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
I think the inflammatory changes are causing heart blockage effect, Gupta was talking about it this morning . he mentioned 20% but unsure if this was only in hospitalized patients.
It's based on a tiny Chinese study of chemical markers for cardiac damage in Covid patients. The people with damage were overwhelmingly older 70+ and had comorbidities

.All patients were hospitalized.
AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2020, 09:27 AM   #11568
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
If the mortality rate was anywhere close to that the virus would have already burned itself out.
Why? It doesn't kill you in a few days like Ebola which gives it an easy chance to spread. Most people even start to feel better after the first week and would be more willing to leave the house and spread it to others. I'm not saying it's 30%. I'm saying it's higher than China reported.

People either say they don't believe China, and this is a hoax. Fine. If you don't believe China then the numbers are even worse in Italy.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2020, 09:28 AM   #11569
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post
It's based on a tiny Chinese study of chemical markers for cardiac damage in Covid patients. The people with damage were overwhelmingly older 70+ and had comorbidities

.All patients were hospitalized.
Could be I didn't hear him state his source but he did say pre existing conditions were not a factor, so maybe a different source.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 03-26-2020, 09:30 AM   #11570
I got Rice cookin in the micro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
Pretty cool:

James Dyson designed a new ventilator in 10 days. He's making 15,000 for the pandemic fight

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/26/tech/...rus/index.html

Dyson has received an order from the UK government for 10,000 ventilators to support efforts by the country's National Health Service to treat coronavirus patients.

James Dyson, the company's billionaire founder, confirmed the order in a letter to employees shared with CNN on Wednesday.

"A ventilator supports a patient who is no longer able to maintain their own airways, but sadly there is currently a significant shortage, both in the UK and other countries around the world," Dyson wrote.

Dyson said the company had designed and built an entirely new ventilator, called the "CoVent," since he received a call 10 days ago from UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson.

"This new device can be manufactured quickly, efficiently and at volume," Dyson added, saying that the new ventilator has been designed to "address the specific needs" of coronavirus patients.

A spokesperson for the company, which is best known for its vacuum cleaners and hand dryers, said the ventilators would be ready by early April. Dyson, who has wealth worth $10 billion according to Bloomberg, wrote in his letter that he would also donate 5,000 units to the international effort to tackle the pandemic.

"The core challenge was how to design and deliver a new, sophisticated medical product in volume and in an extremely short space of time," he added. "The race is now on to get it into production."

Healthcare workers in many parts of the world are having trouble enough critical supplies, such as masks, gloves and ventilators, to deal with the influx of patients suffering from the highly contagious virus.

A second UK firm, Gtech, is also working to produce ventilators and has submitted two examples to the government for assessment. The company specializes in cordless vacuum cleaners and garden power tools.

In the United States, Ford (F) has announced that it's working with 3M and GE Healthcare to produce medical equipment including ventilators and protective gear. GM (GM) and Tesla (TSLA) have also pledged to make ventilators.

That what speed do
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2020, 09:30 AM   #11571
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
I have not heard or scene any medical professional using the method he is using. He is not counting active cases. Everyone else in the world is saying if you aren't dead then we count that regardless if you are active or recovered.

So using the formula everyone else is using the mortality rate right now globally is 4.5%. I understand what he is trying to say but no one else seems to be using that formula or at least the vast majority are not.
WHY WOULD YOU USE AN ACTIVE CASE IN DETERMINING MORTALITY RATE?

WHY?

There has been no outcome. You can't derive any result one way or another from them. I guess you can continue to bury your head in the sand but active cases that have not run their course yet do not matter.

The only reason the mortality rate for sure ISN'T that high is because of all the people running around, not getting tested, feeling generally asymptomatic. Yet nobody cares to find out what percentage or an sample of the general population that has it. Until we do that we can't make accurate decisions. Hell, we may be even overreacting if we know that 30% of our population already has it (which I highly doubt but we have no idea)
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2020, 09:31 AM   #11572
Hockey Town

I don't believe China's numbers just because of their past.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2020, 09:32 AM   #11573
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
WHY WOULD YOU USE AN ACTIVE CASE IN DETERMINING MORTALITY RATE?

WHY?

There has been no outcome. You can't derive any result one way or another from them.
You can YELL all you want. The fact of the matter is you are the only one it appears to be not doing it. Dr. Fauci, Dr. Birx and everyone else are not using your method of calculation.

And I will tell you why. Because if you aren't dead you are alive. Until it kills you it doesn't kill you. That's why they aren't using your method, I would assume.

Either way, no one is doing what you are.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2020, 09:36 AM   #11574
Hockey Town

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavi...ida-story.html

It's just the flu, they always have makeshift morgues am I right?
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2020, 09:37 AM   #11575
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavi...ida-story.html

It's just the flu, they always have makeshift morgues am I right?
Only on Friday and Saturday nights...
Old 03-26-2020, 09:39 AM   #11576
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
You can YELL all you want. The fact of the matter is you are the only one it appears to be not doing it. Dr. Fauci, Dr. Birx and everyone else are not using your method of calculation.

And I will tell you why. Because if you aren't dead you are alive. Until it kills you it doesn't kill you. That's why they aren't using your method, I would assume.

Either way, no one is doing what you are.
They aren't using the numbers like you suggest. What they are doing is trying to guess and hypothesize based on how many cases they THINK are not reported & asymptomatic. They are trying to guess how many asymptomatic people there may be and deriving a mortality rate number. What you are all doing is dividing deaths by active cases, which is not what they are doing.

The point I'm trying to make is, we do not have a firm handle on the true mortality rate of this thing. Only the mortality rate of reported cases, which is higher than people thought it would be.
Old 03-26-2020, 09:39 AM   #11577
Please squeeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
And yet there are people who get it and are fine in a week...

YMMV

Yes and it is really strange how it hits some easy and others very hard even healthy fit people.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2020, 09:41 AM   #11578
I got Rice cookin in the micro

I hope the deaths don't go too high. If there is a kick ass corona virus movie i don't want a list if names it was dedicated to lasting 20 minutes when I am waiting to see who played bully #2
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2020, 09:43 AM   #11579
El Diablo

More on the bill:

It is a refundable tax credit - The check acts like a refund you get in advance. When you file your 2020 tax return, the IRS will compare your income numbers.

If you should have gotten more than you did, you’ll get a refund. If the numbers on your 2020 tax return are different from your 2019 tax return, I don’t expect that you’ll have to pay it back (as the bill is written now). Don’t worry: most taxpayers should get just the right amount.

This is not taxable income.

From Forbes: https://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyph.../#60efd56f1f9c
carlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellicarlos3652 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 03-26-2020, 09:43 AM   #11580
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
They aren't using the numbers like you suggest. What they are doing is trying to guess. They are trying to guess how many asymptomatic people there may be and deriving a number. What you are all doing is dividing deaths by active cases, which is not what they are doing.
What numbers besides total cases and deaths would you like to use at this time?
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote