Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-04-2018, 04:04 AM  
Starter

Intermittent Fasting

Anyone have any experience doing this? I plan to start on Monday.

I have researched it quite a bit and am willing to give it a try. I will probably do the 16:8 plan. Sixteen hours fasting, eight hour window to eat. My plan, and it will probably change, is to eat two meals totaling around 1600 calories between 11 AM-7PM. I plan on drinking a shit ton of water to help and possible supplement an occasional caffeine pill in the morning.
MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-11-2019, 11:38 PM   #256
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAG View Post
Been on Carnivore with defacto IF since Aug 2018
Here are a few before / after pics.

Good shit man!
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 12:52 AM   #257
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAG View Post
Its usually anywhere between 12-16

I don't stick to it hard - I am more strict on eating Zero Carb.

Some days i've hit 24h+ fasting - some days I'm eating after 8h

If I'm hungry I eat lol

Thanks homies!
Any exercise or all diet?
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-12-2019, 01:01 AM   #258
Superbowl MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
Any exercise or all diet?
All Diet

I do pushups when I think about it usually 10-15

I took my bike around the block like 2-3x total

I have lots of energy but with all my kids and working 2 jobs its tough
SLAG 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSLAG 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSLAG 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSLAG 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSLAG 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSLAG 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSLAG 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSLAG 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSLAG 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSLAG 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSLAG 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 11-12-2019, 07:18 AM   #259
Mod Team

Great stuff.

Consistency is the key to weight loss. Whatever that plan may be. Good job.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 07:54 AM   #260
Fish are scared of me

Anybody doing Intermittent Drinking?
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-12-2019, 08:05 AM   #261
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

I'm watching calories and doing 3 times a week at Orange Theory. OT is great, but you can't outwork a bad diet, and I have a pretty bad diet. So I started with MyFitnessPal two weeks ago, been drinking a ton of water and getting my workouts in. I'm amazed at how quickly things are changing. The key is to stick with it. I was down to 180 about 6 years ago but I've climbed to 215 and I've been there for awhile. I'm stronger and have a lot more muscle mass thanks to the OT workouts, but I'm carrying about 54 lbs of fat. Need to get that down to about 30, so I got some work to do.

Down to 207, so that's like 4 pounds a week. I'm sure it'll slow down from here, which is why I need to be in it for the long haul.
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-12-2019, 08:51 AM   #262
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell View Post
I'm watching calories and doing 3 times a week at Orange Theory. OT is great, but you can't outwork a bad diet, and I have a pretty bad diet. So I started with MyFitnessPal two weeks ago, been drinking a ton of water and getting my workouts in. I'm amazed at how quickly things are changing. The key is to stick with it. I was down to 180 about 6 years ago but I've climbed to 215 and I've been there for awhile. I'm stronger and have a lot more muscle mass thanks to the OT workouts, but I'm carrying about 54 lbs of fat. Need to get that down to about 30, so I got some work to do.

Down to 207, so that's like 4 pounds a week. I'm sure it'll slow down from here, which is why I need to be in it for the long haul.
You will be surprised on the progress you can make by just making smart food decisions (not eating like a teenager when your 40) and being consistent with diet, training and recovery. No need to ever track calories/macros IMHO unless your planning on stepping on stage.
Aspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 07-21-2023, 12:27 AM   #263
You Sweetie!

I'm going to do this bitch for the first time, starting in about 5 hours! LFG!
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 05:20 AM   #264
MVP

I don’t want to be *that guy* but if you have weight problems, blood sugar or blood pressure issues, and any sort of autoimmune problems and haven’t tried intermittent fasting along with a carnivore or keto diet, you are missing out. I started around 4 years ago, I do 18/6 dirty keto only 4-5 days a week. Still splurge on weekends, dropped 50 pounds and my A1C, blood sugar and blood pressure are all totally under control with no meds.

The shit works.
Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 6 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 06:10 AM   #265
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief View Post
I don’t want to be *that guy* but if you have weight problems, blood sugar or blood pressure issues, and any sort of autoimmune problems and haven’t tried intermittent fasting along with a carnivore or keto diet, you are missing out. I started around 4 years ago, I do 18/6 dirty keto only 4-5 days a week. Still splurge on weekends, dropped 50 pounds and my A1C, blood sugar and blood pressure are all totally under control with no meds.

The shit works.
I've been doing it about 2 years now. Quit aspertame (diet soda) and do intermittent fasting. Most days I don't eat at all until 6-7 pm and then try to eat as low carb as possible. I lost about 35 lbs. This is all without any change in my level of exercise. I know, I need to get on that.

Every now and again if I feel stomach upset or just oddly hungry I'll eat 2-3 protein bars with no sugar. I really like the Quest protein bars myself. They've got about 8-10 flavors and they're all pretty good.

I don't lack energy (when I do that's more to insomnia) and you adjust to the eating schedule pretty quickly. The first month to 6 weeks there were days I was forcing myself but now it's actually odd for me to feel hungry before 2 or 3 pm. And my stomach has clearly shrunk as a result. I now eat about 1/3rd of what I use to even when I let myself go and eat pizza or lasagna or something.

My insulin resistance must be really low at this point because when I do eat a high carb meal I'm dead tired like I took 2 or 3 sleep aids or something. Actually waiting to eat and eating about 2 hours before bed has helped me sleep more than any of the drugs I'm taking. So, if yer' an insomniac like me that can't sleep for shit I would definitely recommend it. Just getting 2 or 3 days a week of solid sleep changes everything for the positive. I can't believe how much better I feel.

I've also been taking desiccated bovine thyroid but you want to have a talk with your doctor before doing that.
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 07:29 AM   #266
Starter

Eighteen months ago I hit 308 pounds (I am 5'10"). I hadn't checked the scales in months, and had lived in the 270s for the previous decade. When I saw that number I freaked out and started intermittent fasting the next day.

I eat every day between noon and 8:00 p.m. My intention is 2000 calories or less each day, though I sometimes go over. While the intermittent fasting may be helping, I think a bigger factor is just not eating after 8:00. I was a constant late-night snacker and beer drinker.

Yesterday I weighed 218. I didn't lose the weight quickly, but it's been steady. I'm still losing and don't know where it will eventually bottom out. But the fasting calendar has definitely worked for me. I don't think about carbs or sugars or excercise much. I just stick to 2000 calories or less. I try not to think of it as a diet and just the way my life is now that I'm in my fifties. While I admit that vanity plays a small part, my much larger goal is to be alive when my kids start having my grandkids in the next ten years or so.

I was a morbidly obese smoker five years ago. I'm now an obese vaper. But I'm moving in the right direction! If I can do it, anyone can.
Wallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Thumbs Up 12 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 07:31 AM
scho63
This message has been deleted by scho63.
Old 07-21-2023, 07:42 AM   #267
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallymo View Post
Eighteen months ago I hit 308 pounds (I am 5'10"). I hadn't checked the scales in months, and had lived in the 270s for the previous decade. When I saw that number I freaked out and started intermittent fasting the next day.

I eat every day between noon and 8:00 p.m. My intention is 2000 calories or less each day, though I sometimes go over. While the intermittent fasting may be helping, I think a bigger factor is just not eating after 8:00. I was a constant late-night snacker and beer drinker.

Yesterday I weighed 218. I didn't lose the weight quickly, but it's been steady. I'm still losing and don't know where it will eventually bottom out. But the fasting calendar has definitely worked for me. I don't think about carbs or sugars or excercise much. I just stick to 2000 calories or less. I try not to think of it as a diet and just the way my life is now that I'm in my fifties. While I admit that vanity plays a small part, my much larger goal is to be alive when my kids start having my grandkids in the next ten years or so.

I was a morbidly obese smoker five years ago. I'm now an obese vaper. But I'm moving in the right direction! If I can do it, anyone can.
That's awesome, congrats on such great progress!

The bolded is probably the biggest factor in my general health and exercise... moving away from the p90x mentality of quick fixes or doing keto for a bit until I really started to miss beer... and thinking of it as something I need to do for the rest of my life. A missed day used to become "well, it's not a good week for this...", where as now I don't stress over it. And that mentality has helped with consistency as I'm not constantly looking for excuses (the first 30 seconds of waking up for a workout is still tough most mornings).

I've also been motivated by making it to retirement (granted, still a ways off for me), as I've seen family member's health decline just as they're getting to that point of their lives.

Keep on the steady lifelong routines.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-21-2023, 07:52 AM   #268
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
A missed day used to become "well, it's not a good week for this...", where as now I don't stress over it.
This was me in a nutshell too. Constant self-sabatoge. If I messed up, I made it much much worse because that day didn't matter anymore.

Now, I think of it only as a bad meal period. You can have those if you go back to your regular practice after that period ends.
Wallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 07-21-2023, 09:13 AM   #269
You Sweetie!

These are great updates - Thanks for sharing, I've been in the dark on this for a while. The information was out there, I have been putting it off. Good to know it has some great benefits.

Thanks again for sharing. I won't eat until 7AM tomorrow. Do you think a half an toasted wheat egg sandwich is okay to come back off of fasting with?
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-21-2023, 09:15 AM   #270
You Sweetie!

oh I did have about 14-16 ounces of coffee with half and half, no sugar. I know that's not ideal but I don't think it'll matter TOO terribly much for a simple 24 hour job'er.