Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-04-2018, 04:04 AM   Topic Starter
Starter

Intermittent Fasting

Anyone have any experience doing this? I plan to start on Monday.

I have researched it quite a bit and am willing to give it a try. I will probably do the 16:8 plan. Sixteen hours fasting, eight hour window to eat. My plan, and it will probably change, is to eat two meals totaling around 1600 calories between 11 AM-7PM. I plan on drinking a shit ton of water to help and possible supplement an occasional caffeine pill in the morning.
MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 02-04-2018, 04:15 AM   #2
Banned

I don't eat on Thursdays. All I do is drink beer. Then I just piss that out of my ass. So I get a poor mans colostomy to boot.

A clean colon is a happy colon.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-04-2018, 04:55 AM   #3
Mod Team

I’ve eaten this way for years now. My feeding window is noon to 8 pm. I workout mid afternoon after consuming a small 200-300 calorie “meal” to break my fast at noon.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-04-2018, 07:01 AM   #4
In Search of a Life

Tons of people on this board do it. Used to be a frequent topic on the workout thread.

People used to think we were nuts for doing it 5 years ago. Now it’s become a popular “diet.” Lots of ways to go about it. I do more alternate day fasting in the model of Eat Stop Eat by Brad Pilon with longer fasts (on true fast days I stop eating by 8pm night before and don’t eat until 7pm next day). Though I end up fasting most weekdays because I tend to just have more energy and feel better while fasted during the day
NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-04-2018, 07:01 AM   #5
Molôn Labé

I am back on the Keto Diet.... Very similar to Atkins. My blood glucose numbers have went up and I need to drop about 30 lbs as well. After about 8 days being on it my BG numbers are close to normal

Dr. Berg on Youtube... look him up
R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-04-2018, 01:18 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8RFAN View Post
I am back on the Keto Diet.... Very similar to Atkins. My blood glucose numbers have went up and I need to drop about 30 lbs as well. After about 8 days being on it my BG numbers are close to normal

Dr. Berg on Youtube... look him up
Ive heard many good things about this Dr. Berg on you tube. On the other hand, I`m old enough to have seen so many fads and diets come and go that I am more convinced than ever they are all marketing gimmicks to make some folks very wealthy. In the end, it is calories in, calories out. Everything is fine but keep it in moderation. Weight loss needed? Eat less. Want to feel more energy? Get out and move a little whether it be walking, jogging, running, biking or swimming or whatever. Key word is MODERATION. Unfortunately most of us, me included, go overboard most of the time with the wrong foods or drinks.

The one and only diet that worked best for weight loss for me was the "Throat cancer weight loss diet" lol.......If you dont eat very much for roughly 4 months, you`ll lose about 40-50 lbs garaunteed haha. I`ve gained half of that back now and want to hold it where I am today.
jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 05:09 PM   #7
Molôn Labé

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubya View Post
Ive heard many good things about this Dr. Berg on you tube. On the other hand, I`m old enough to have seen so many fads and diets come and go that I am more convinced than ever they are all marketing gimmicks to make some folks very wealthy. In the end, it is calories in, calories out. Everything is fine but keep it in moderation. Weight loss needed? Eat less. Want to feel more energy? Get out and move a little whether it be walking, jogging, running, biking or swimming or whatever. Key word is MODERATION. Unfortunately most of us, me included, go overboard most of the time with the wrong foods or drinks.

The one and only diet that worked best for weight loss for me was the "Throat cancer weight loss diet" lol.......If you dont eat very much for roughly 4 months, you`ll lose about 40-50 lbs garaunteed haha. I`ve gained half of that back now and want to hold it where I am today.
It's basically Atkins with more green veggies ... Don't count calories, put your body in ketosis and the weight will melt away... Sure you can lose weight starving all the time but you are also more likely to quit than on this way of eating... Dump the potatoes and bread and sugar or anything that turns to sugars (carbs) in your system... Get your limited carbs from low carb green veggies (see glycemic index ) and you have no other choice but lose weight... I have to go low carb because I am diabetic, I can't eat those breads , oatmeal and stuff like that , they jack my Blood Glucose up.
R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-04-2018, 05:17 PM   #8
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
It's basically Atkins with more green veggies ... Don't count calories, put your body in ketosis and the weight will melt away... Sure you can lose weight starving all the time but you are also more likely to quit than on this way of eating... Dump the potatoes and bread and sugar or anything that turns to sugars (carbs) in your system... Get your limited carbs from low carb green veggies (see glycemic index ) and you have no other choice but lose weight... I have to go low carb because I am diabetic, I can't eat those breads , oatmeal and stuff like that , they jack my Blood Glucose up.
Yep, and your hunger melts away. My problem is I like beer so I'll do Keto for 30 days and doing great but then I have some beer and then two weeks later I'm still on beer . the cycles suck. So again I'm starting Keto tomorrow. Always after football season.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 05:26 PM   #9
Molôn Labé

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
Yep, and your hunger melts away. My problem is I like beer so I'll do Keto for 30 days and doing great but then I have some beer and then two weeks later I'm still on beer . the cycles suck. So again I'm starting Keto tomorrow. Always after football season.
I know I love beer too but I am taking a hiatus from it... I got lazy with my Blood Glucose numbers and don't want to be a ticking time bomb... This shit killed my Mom, she got so bad she had a toe amputated in the Dr's office that was so dead they didn't even have to numb her foot... Even though I have had the shit for 11 years, I have suffered no complications from it to date
Old 02-06-2018, 08:57 PM   #10
Gimme My Berries Back!

Quote:
I don't fast to lose weight. Partly to maintain and mainly to reduce free-radical damage. It's healthy for you per some health gurus.

And I could never do Atkins. Tried it once in high school, just to lose 5 lbs for summer, and it gave me the shakes. I need a certain amount of carbs.
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-06-2018, 09:06 PM   #11
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
I don't fast to lose weight. Partly to maintain and mainly to reduce free-radical damage. It's healthy for you per some health gurus.

And I could never do Atkins. Tried it once in high school, just to lose 5 lbs for summer, and it gave me the shakes. I need a certain amount of carbs.
I one time ate only steak, chicken, spam & meatballs for two weeks. Cycle back and forth between no carb and low carb diets. Was really able to cut my body fat that way, so I was always a believer in that diet. But the saturated fat wouldve probably give me a heart attack early in life.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-07-2018, 08:20 AM   #12
Molôn Labé

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post

You need nowhere near the carbs you think you need. I am no expert but look for Dr. Berg on youtube
Old 02-04-2018, 07:27 AM   #13
MVP

Yep, currently doing the 16:8, working my way towards actually fasting where you don't eat for a day or longer. Still researching that because it feels weird to not eat at all.
TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-04-2018, 10:38 AM   #14
Time Keeps On Slipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by TambaBerry View Post
Yep, currently doing the 16:8, working my way towards actually fasting where you don't eat for a day or longer. Still researching that because it feels weird to not eat at all.
Not eating for 24 hours is actually pretty easy.

Your hunger will peak around your usual breakfast time and around lunch, but will go away after a while.

I've done 24 hours fasts many times and I feel like I could go for way longer after that 24th hour.
Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 02-04-2018, 07:35 AM   #15
Gimme My Berries Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGiggity View Post
Anyone have any experience doing this? I plan to start on Monday.
I do a fast once a week usually. Some weeks I am unable to.
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.