Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-20-2016, 03:28 PM  
Supporter

Star Wars Episode VIII SPOILERS thread

For all things Episode VIII related info including spoilers.

The release date is now December 15, 2017.

The Official Synopsis from Star Wars.com

“In Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Skywalker saga continues as the heroes of The Force Awakens join the galactic legends in an epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens in U.S. theaters on December 15, 2017.”

New footage in Japanese Trailer

Last edited by DaneMcCloud; 10-31-2017 at 02:08 PM..
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-27-2017, 11:17 AM   #2806
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan View Post
As far as Ray connecting with the Falcon I think they gave us enough to connect the dots. She told Chewbacca to hang out of sight and wait for her and we were also told she took off. I didn't need to see them meeting up.
I disagree.
I see your point but I disagree.
We're talking about the most powerful man in the galaxy controlling the most powerful ship and they just escape "because she said so."

Quote:
My least favorite scene was Leia in space. I can live with little issues like not using lightspeed as a weapon from the very start if the ship was getting sacrificed. Or why there needed to be somebody to pilot the ship to begin with.
All the stuff in space spit in the face of SW's.
I wasn't a fan of that.
Hell, just being able to ram someone made all previous films pointless...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-27-2017, 11:46 AM   #2807
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

I haven't made it through this thread because damn it got long in a hurry.

But ultimately I'm at a C+ at best on this movie. And the more of pondered on it, the less I've liked it. I'm sure any particular quibble I have has been discussed to this point so I have very little new to add there.

But the serious, major takeaway I had from this movie is simple - they just turned the Original Trilogy into a prequel for this trilogy. That's it. That is the height of hubris and raw arrogance by Disney/Johnson, IMO.

"Y'know that beloved set of movies? The movies that were so well received by fans that this particular series exists in the first place? **** 'em. We got our own stuff to do here..."

It's an obvious, conscious decision by Disney and Johnson. It's an attempt to re-boot without re-booting and rather than actually closing a loop, they just discarded its remnants so they could limp this thing along for another 20 years and make a boatload of money out of it. And they did it using the energy created by the thing they chose to discard.

The rest of the quibbles over the particular plot devices are going to deal with the whole 'It's space wizards, lighten up' argument. But taking the thing that made all this possible and treating it as a second class citizen so you can forge your own path...just not a fan at all.

Empire - New Hope - Rogue 1 -- TFA - Jedi --- TLJ ------- Sith --- shit

I just don't feel any real need to re-watch this movie and have absolutely no enthusiasm for the next installment. And that's without any real preconceived notion as to where this movie should have gone.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 11:55 AM   #2808
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I haven't made it through this thread because damn it got long in a hurry.

But ultimately I'm at a C+ at best on this movie. And the more of pondered on it, the less I've liked it. I'm sure any particular quibble I have has been discussed to this point so I have very little new to add there.
I've "borrowed" the film after watching it but my opinion hasn't changed. If anything I dislike it more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
But the serious, major takeaway I had from this movie is simple - they just turned the Original Trilogy into a prequel for this trilogy. That's it. That is the height of hubris and raw arrogance by Disney/Johnson, IMO.
IMO that's it.

They want to skin this swamp rat and use it to promote future films with no ties to the OT.

That's it...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-27-2017, 11:56 AM   #2809
Supporter

TLJ is only arguably better than Clone Wars, but even then at least Clone Wars had a better payoff at the end
Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 12-27-2017, 12:15 PM   #2810
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
As far as Ray connecting with the Falcon I think they gave us enough to connect the dots. She told Chewbacca to hang out of sight and wait for her and we were also told she took off. I didn't need to see them meeting up.
HOW did that happen?
Explain it to me...
Old 12-27-2017, 02:30 PM   #2811
I've Made a Huge Mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
HOW did that happen?
Explain it to me...
I assumed that once she escaped her first move was to reunite with Chewy. They did have that actual conversation before she left the Falcon. After that they tracked the beacon and joined the battle.

Maybe I am not remembering correctly but it seemed alright to me.
NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 12-27-2017, 02:33 PM   #2812
I've Made a Huge Mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
I disagree.
I see your point but I disagree.
We're talking about the most powerful man in the galaxy controlling the most powerful ship and they just escape "because she said so."
I think I see. Your point is more about how she got off the ship, not how she reunited once she did? Didn't they say she stole Snote's transport while Kylo was knocke out?
NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 12-27-2017, 06:37 PM   #2813
future chiefs fans

Pretty good breakdown of the blacklash

Even the day to day drop is pretty heavy for this movie.
oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 12-27-2017, 06:46 PM   #2814
I'll be back.

Cross sections. The Supremacy can dock EIGHT Star Destroyers.

https://imgur.com/a/1QQ0O

https://imgur.com/a/EKYBL
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-27-2017, 06:50 PM   #2815
future chiefs fans

I like the comparison she makes to Rian and Snyder both took a shit on the source material and it suffered with fans.

I Really Really Hope Bob iger makes Kennedy Fire Rian from his new trilogy.

I never want to see a Rian Johnson star wars movie ever again.
oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 12-27-2017, 06:58 PM   #2816
I'll be back.

Very strong take for TLJ over the last two days. $54 million.

$423 million domestic in 12 days.

Rogue one was at $340 million.

This film has legs.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-27-2017, 06:59 PM   #2817
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
Very strong take for TLJ over the last two days. $54 million.

$423 million domestic in 12 days.

Rogue one was at $340 million.

This film has legs.
It’ll completely fall off a cliff next week.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 07:02 PM   #2818
future chiefs fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
It’ll completely fall off a cliff next week.
God willing
Old 12-27-2017, 07:05 PM   #2819
future chiefs fans

Best takes from her Break down

1.Non choices are worst than bad choices. Couldn't agree more.
2.Not putting a Lightsaber Duel in a mainline Story wars movie should be a fireable offense
3.Stop killing your interesting characters and having them hand the reins to less interesting younger characters
4.Give the audiences what they want. TLJ does the exact opposite of what people wanted for Rey and Luke's death.
Old 12-27-2017, 07:07 PM   #2820
I'll be back.

Snoke wasn't interesting. He was a generic cartoon character bad guy.

And we've seen PLENTY of lightsaber duels. What Rian gave us was far fresher.