Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-20-2013, 12:44 PM  
oxymoron

Star Wars: Rebels

And here's our replacement for Clone Wars. Coming to Disney XD in fall 2014. Bridges the gap between Eps 3 and 4. Looks...very cool. Conceptually.

Bit more detail:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entertainment Weekly
Star Wars Rebels, a one-hour animated pilot already in production at Lucasfilm, is scheduled to premiere in Fall 2014 on the Disney Channel before the new brand leaps to Disney XD for the ongoing series, according to Lucasfilm sources.

The series will mine material from the 19 years that follow Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and precede the Episode IV: A New Hope. In other words, using the life of the Skywalker twins as a measure, the series will be active in the story years that come after their separation as newborns and before their (unwitting) reunion on the prison level of the Death Star.

No word on whether the show will feature Darth Vader (who would be in the Empire’s power consolidation years and earning his reputation) or even pull in a character like Han Solo, the smuggler and cynic who becomes an unlikely freedom fighter when he opts to stand with his friends against cosmic odds. The title of the show is vaguely phrased in a way that any rebel — even a Boba Fett or Ahsoka Tano might qualify as a title character merely by walking an outsider’s path.

The series has three executive producers: Dave Filoni, the point man on The Clone Wars animated series that launched in 2008; screenwriter and producer Simon Kinberg, who has a flair for tonal rewiring and energizing familiar brands with new edge (e.g.: X-Men: First Class, Sherlock Holmes); and Greg Weisman, whose credits include well-regarded work on Young Justice and The Spectacular Spider-Man.

link
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2015, 09:36 AM   #316
Drunk in the Neighborhood

Absolutely love watching rebels with my 6 year old.

Very much looking forward to a potential Vader / Ahsoka showdown in Season 2.

Have they announced when Season 2 will air?
tomahawk kid must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tomahawk kid must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tomahawk kid must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tomahawk kid must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tomahawk kid must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tomahawk kid must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tomahawk kid must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tomahawk kid must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tomahawk kid must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tomahawk kid must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tomahawk kid must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 04-20-2015, 09:47 AM   #317
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru View Post
Damn, 3 times in opening weekend?
Yeah, probably.

I doubt I'll be able to digest the awesomeness of Episode VII in one sitting, so I'll likely watch it again, later that day. I'll see it few days after, especially since the kids will be on Winter Break by that point.

I remember seeing the TPM the first time. I could barely follow what was happening, not only because it was convoluted, but because there was so much screaming and cheering with each new character entrance.

I think I saw it four times in the first week.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2015, 09:50 AM   #318
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomahawk kid View Post
Have they announced when Season 2 will air?
It hasn't been announced yet. The hour long Season 2 premiere was shown at Star Wars Celebration but no release date was given.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2015, 09:50 AM   #319
Supporter

Season 2 spoilers

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/...-lothal-review
Old 04-20-2015, 09:55 AM   #320
Shaken. Not stirred.

6 episodes into season 1 of Rebels. Can't say its been great but it is good. Don't know that I will go back and watch all of Clone wars though.
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2015, 10:00 AM   #321
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru View Post
6 episodes into season 1 of Rebels. Can't say its been great but it is good. Don't know that I will go back and watch all of Clone wars though.
It completely blows up in Season 2. People say the premiere felt like a Star Wars movie, not TV.

We're plowing through TCW and if you haven't seen it, I'd highly recommend. It is just sooooooooooooo good.
Old 04-20-2015, 02:26 PM   #322
oxymoron

keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2015, 02:36 PM   #323
I'll be back.

They need to alter JEJs voice a bit. It's not deep enough. Age has changed it.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2015, 02:49 PM   #324
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbah One View Post
They need to alter JEJs voice a bit. It's not deep enough. Age has changed it.
I think they probably pitched it up, because he's much younger in Rebels than in later years.

Also, I felt like they used too much Eventide Harmonizer, which is set to pitch shift the voice. They used much less in Empire and even less in Return. I know they're trying to get back to that 70's vibe and Ralph McQuarrie's original art but there's no reason to drown JEJ's voice in a pitch shifting effect.
Old 04-20-2015, 02:54 PM   #325
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
I think they probably pitched it up, because he's much younger in Rebels than in later years.

Also, I felt like they used too much Eventide Harmonizer, which is set to pitch shift the voice. They used much less in Empire and even less in Return. I know they're trying to get back to that 70's vibe and Ralph McQuarrie's original art but there's no reason to drown JEJ's voice in a pitch shifting effect.
Agreed completely. I've always liked Vader's voice in Empire the best.

Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2015, 02:57 PM   #326
I'll be back.

Man, I'm watching Vader clips and just hoping Kylo Ren is 75% of the asshole Vader was.

We need a real villain, not that prequel bullshit.

From what I've heard the movie opens with Ren establishing himself as a cruel, sadistic son of a bitch, though.
Old 04-20-2015, 03:13 PM   #327

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
It hasn't been announced yet. The hour long Season 2 premiere was shown at Star Wars Celebration but no release date was given.
Rumor the first 2 this summer and the rest this fall.
bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2015, 03:31 PM   #328
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevischief View Post
Rumor the first 2 this summer and the rest this fall.
Interesting, thanks.

Disney would be wise to premiere it on ABC.
Old 04-20-2015, 05:00 PM   #329
Unsparing

Quote:
Man, I'm watching Vader clips and just hoping Kylo Ren is 75% of the asshole Vader was.

From what I've heard the movie opens with Ren establishing himself as a cruel, sadistic son of a bitch, though.
I think it's safe to say that Ren will be the most hated mother****er in SW history by the end of the movie.
Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2015, 09:14 PM   #330
Shaken. Not stirred.

Quote:

spoilers dude.
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.