Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-20-2016, 03:28 PM  
Supporter

Star Wars Episode VIII SPOILERS thread

For all things Episode VIII related info including spoilers.

The release date is now December 15, 2017.

The Official Synopsis from Star Wars.com

“In Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Skywalker saga continues as the heroes of The Force Awakens join the galactic legends in an epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens in U.S. theaters on December 15, 2017.”

New footage in Japanese Trailer

Last edited by DaneMcCloud; 10-31-2017 at 02:08 PM..
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-22-2018, 08:02 AM   #3766
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
It wasn't a cheap gotcha. It was a main pillar of the story.

Luke was a dumb ideal driven kid. As he has grown both in experience and use of the force, he learned that blind ideals don't necessarily lead to utopia. He defeated the big bad and the galaxy is still mired in shit.

He grew up, the world isn't black and white, good and evil, whatever. There are shades of gray, gradients, fringes. As such, he's jaded. The shit he did as a kid he doesn't do now. The shit he blindly believed as a kid he can't buy into now.

It resonated with me. I was an overly idealized kid when I watched ANH. I've grown in experience in a similar ways. Some of my best laid plans have went to ****. I've poured my soul into shit and been soundly defeated (Like his Jedi temple). It worked for me. I get that most people hated it, but it should have worked.

Look at some of the stuff Marvel has put out. Daredevil S2 with Punisher as the redeemable bad guy was the most successful TV series Marvel has done. Jessica Jones has a similar, but far less good character. The Purple Man was definitely a baddie, but when they dove into his backstory, there was definitely some empathy. Hell Barnes was all out good guy - bad guy - good guy in Captain America, which Winter Soldier and Civil War are universally heralded. House of Mouse has made damn good money by backing off the binary good and evil stories and dealing with more complex adult themes.

Applying it to TLJ, it makes good sense. The younger fans could buy into the younger characters gallivanting on their ideals, and the older fools like me can relate to the journey the original trilogy characters have been on. All this while explaining how we got from ROtJ to TFA. I get that it went over like **** on a stick, but to say it is an approach without merit is simply being a butthurt fanboy.
It did go over like **** on a stick. That's my point. This movie got more criticism than the Phantom Menace. It has underperformed. People simply didn't like the way they took 40+ years of cannon and mythology and made it irrelevant and treated it as unimportant. The way they handled that was a complete mess. Most people didn't like the progression of Luke. Hamill himself hated it and spoke out against it. Parts of the plot were completely irrelevant or just didn't fit. Much of the plot hinged on the reeruned slow speed spaceship chase that didn't make any sense, resolved by a MacGuffin that was even more ridiculous. The humor was awful. There are valid reasons why this movie wasn't well received. They tried something very different, and it fell flat.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 09:20 AM   #3767
Supporter

The humor was horribly out of place. Star Wars has more wit than the shit they pulled in the last movie.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-22-2018, 09:41 AM   #3768
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
I didn’t notice the woman angle. I guess it didn’t bother me.
I didn’t, either
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-22-2018, 10:28 AM   #3769
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
I didn’t, either
I did, but only to note that they're all either (a) ugly, (b) flat-chested, or (c) all of the above.

Seriously, Christina Hendricks for Episode IX!
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-22-2018, 10:48 AM   #3770
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
I did, but only to note that they're all either (a) ugly, (b) flat-chested, or (c) all of the above.
I can't disagree there.

Carrie Fisher looked like she'd been reanimated from the dead, Laura Dern looked super old and creaky (and has never been attractive, IMO) and Daisy Ridley looks like a dude.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 11:20 AM   #3771
Supporter

Quote:
I can't disagree there.

Carrie Fisher looked like she'd been reanimated from the dead, Laura Dern looked super old and creaky (and has never been attractive, IMO) and Daisy Ridley looks like a dude.
You might have just spoiled the huge reveal for Episode 9.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-22-2018, 11:12 PM   #3772
Supporter

Watching “The Director and the Jedi”.

Yeah, Hammock Parties, **** OFF.

Mark Hamill is PISSED during the filming.

Good god, he looks miserable.

Shit movie is a shit movie.

**** Ruin Johnson.
Old 03-22-2018, 11:23 PM   #3773
I'll be back.

enjoyed the movie, please chill
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2018, 10:12 AM   #3774
Supporter

I had to stop “The Director and The Jedi” because it was just a miserable experience.

Ruin Johnson comes across as a smarmy little punk, with his high pitched annoying voice.

Ram Bergman is a dildo, too.

I can’t imagine working with these guys.
Old 03-23-2018, 11:02 AM   #3775
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
It did go over like **** on a stick. That's my point. This movie got more criticism than the Phantom Menace. It has underperformed. People simply didn't like the way they took 40+ years of cannon and mythology and made it irrelevant and treated it as unimportant. The way they handled that was a complete mess. Most people didn't like the progression of Luke. Hamill himself hated it and spoke out against it. Parts of the plot were completely irrelevant or just didn't fit. Much of the plot hinged on the reeruned slow speed spaceship chase that didn't make any sense, resolved by a MacGuffin that was even more ridiculous. The humor was awful. There are valid reasons why this movie wasn't well received. They tried something very different, and it fell flat.
Yeah I’ve addressed all that stuff in other posts. I get why people didnt like it but I really did. Unfortunately I’m in the minority.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2018, 12:10 PM   #3776
future chiefs fans

Rian Johnson says the reaction to TLJ will have no affect on his upcoming SW Trilogy

Good to know he has learned nothing from TLJ

I'm out I hope those movies bomb hard at the box office.

oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 03-23-2018, 02:20 PM   #3777
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklandhater View Post
I'm out I hope those movies bomb hard at the box office.
I believe that it seriously misplaced hatred and extremely immature. If you don't Johnson's work (and I don't), don't patronize his products in the movie theater.

That said, and I know that this might sound strange, but I think the future of Star Wars is on the small screen, not the big screen, at least not Post-Skywalker Saga.

The reason why Marvel films are so successful is that people are entrenched with the characters and have been into them since childhood, whether that's 20, 30, 40 or 50+ years ago. They have an incredibly strong fan base built over decades of comics.

Star Wars popularity was due to the Original Trilogy. People adored Luke, Leia, Han, Lando and Chewie while Darth Vader is the greatest bad guy of all time. Remove those characters, as Disney has done, and the popularity wanes, as we've seen with Episode VII. Lucasfilm is completely delusional if they believe that people will purchase tickets in droves for a story unconnected to the Skywalker saga with brand new characters in a different part of the galaxy, just because it has "Star Wars" in the title.

On the other hand, Lucasfilm can build a "brand" with a TV series, as we've seen with Rebels and Clone Wars. I'd imagine that the new Benioff & Weiss series will introduce characters over multiple seasons that people will grow to love but that it will take time to develop and get to the point where people want to see some of these characters or settings on the big screen.
Old 03-23-2018, 02:35 PM   #3778
future chiefs fans

Quote:
I believe that it seriously misplaced hatred and extremely immature. If you don't Johnson's work (and I don't), don't patronize his products in the movie theater.

That said, and I know that this might sound strange, but I think the future of Star Wars is on the small screen, not the big screen, at least not Post-Skywalker Saga.

The reason why Marvel films are so successful is that people are entrenched with the characters and have been into them since childhood, whether that's 20, 30, 40 or 50+ years ago. They have an incredibly strong fan base built over decades of comics.

Star Wars popularity was due to the Original Trilogy. People adored Luke, Leia, Han, Lando and Chewie while Darth Vader is the greatest bad guy of all time. Remove those characters, as Disney has done, and the popularity wanes, as we've seen with Episode VII. Lucasfilm is completely delusional if they believe that people will purchase tickets in droves for a story unconnected to the Skywalker saga with brand new characters in a different part of the galaxy, just because it has "Star Wars" in the title.

On the other hand, Lucasfilm can build a "brand" with a TV series, as we've seen with Rebels and Clone Wars. I'd imagine that the new Benioff & Weiss series will introduce characters over multiple seasons that people will grow to love but that it will take time to develop and get to the point where people want to see some of these characters or settings on the big screen.
http://www.eonline.com/news/919322/s...eaming-service

Lets Hope the Star wars TV series is better than the Marvel Netflix shows.
oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 03-23-2018, 02:37 PM   #3779
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklandhater View Post
http://www.eonline.com/news/919322/s...eaming-service

Lets Hope the Star wars TV series is better than the Marvel Netflix shows.
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314310
Old 03-23-2018, 09:09 PM   #3780
Unsparing

The big boy pants of SW fans clearly got lost at the laundromat in 2017.
Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.