Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-20-2016, 03:28 PM  
Supporter

Star Wars Episode VIII SPOILERS thread

For all things Episode VIII related info including spoilers.

The release date is now December 15, 2017.

The Official Synopsis from Star Wars.com

“In Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Skywalker saga continues as the heroes of The Force Awakens join the galactic legends in an epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens in U.S. theaters on December 15, 2017.”

New footage in Japanese Trailer

Last edited by DaneMcCloud; 10-31-2017 at 02:08 PM..
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-18-2017, 04:29 PM   #2206
I'll be back.

MIND ****ING BLOWN

Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-18-2017, 04:40 PM   #2207
future chiefs fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
Thank god they didn't go that route.

It would have been completely unbelievable.

Completely.

Like, it would have been LESS believable than Anakin's turn.

It's obvious now where her commitments lie.
I like this outcome Rey has been showing Dark side tendencies since the 1st movie
oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 12-18-2017, 05:03 PM   #2208
future chiefs fans

The more I think about this movie the more I hate it at least after I saw TPM I could lie to myself and say it awesome.

This whole movie just felt like one giant downer.
oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 12-18-2017, 05:15 PM   #2209
I'll be back.

Such a ****ing great moment.

Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-18-2017, 05:17 PM   #2210
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Such a ****ing great moment.

He just flat out owned Kylo. It was a beautiful thing to watch.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-18-2017, 05:18 PM   #2211
future chiefs fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
He just flat out owned Kylo. It was a beautiful thing to watch.
How kylo didn't know it really wasn't him is beyond me Luke looks the same age as when he left.

and he's using the Blue lightsaber him and Ray just broke on Snokes ship.
Old 12-18-2017, 05:21 PM   #2212
I'll be back.

I would love to see an extra on the bluray of Mark getting ready for this scene.

I bet he had some funny comments as they combed just for men into his beard.

"You know, Rian, sometimes I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."
Old 12-18-2017, 05:27 PM   #2213
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklandhater View Post
How kylo didn't know it really wasn't him is beyond me Luke looks the same age as when he left.

and he's using the Blue lightsaber him and Ray just broke on Snokes ship.
Kylo hasn't seen him since, he didn't know the lightsaber shattered, and he didn't know Rey's whereabouts after getting knocked out.

Were you furious that Obi Wan aged 55 years between 3 and 4?
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-18-2017, 05:29 PM   #2214
Immanentize The Eschaton

Quote:
It is canon that force ghosts can interact with the physical world.

To understand how force ghosts can interact with the physical world you have to understand how someone becomes a force ghost. Off the top of my head it seems that someone has to achieve a certain clarity (for lack of a better term) and I only recall "good" guys becoming force ghosts. Qui-Gon. Obi Wan. Yoda. Anakin after he is saved by Luke. And now Luke. So, if the force is balanced between "good" and "evil", where are the bad guy force ghosts? If the force is some kind of universal consciousness then it seems like it would have been inevitably skewed towards the "good" side over time by the addition of good guy force ghosts.
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-18-2017, 05:31 PM   #2215
In Search of a Life

Watched it yesterday. I liked it alot, the more i thought about it today. I didnt really care for 'Grumpy Old Man' Luke, but that was probably more of my own personal expectations of where the character would be as an old man rather than anything script related.

The movie seemed a little disjointed for the first hour or so...the last two acts really saved it for me. That was some great stuff.
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-18-2017, 05:32 PM   #2216
future chiefs fans

Quote:
Kylo hasn't seen him since, he didn't know the lightsaber shattered, and he didn't know Rey's whereabouts after getting knocked out.

Were you furious that Obi Wan aged 55 years between 3 and 4?
How did he not know the lightsaber shattered it happened right in front of his face.

The scene would make way more sense if Luke was using a Green saber.

And it's been what 20 some years since Luke left Kylo wasn't the least bit confused that Luke still looks the same as he remembers.
Old 12-18-2017, 05:34 PM   #2217
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklandhater View Post
How did he not know the lightsaber shattered it happened right in front of his face.

The scene would make way more sense if Luke was using a Green saber.

And it's been what 20 some years since Luke left Kylo wasn't the least bit confused that Luke still looks the same as he remembers.
You’re looking at this from the perspective of someone today.

I’m gonna go ahead and say Kylo wasn’t keeping tabs on Luke on Instagram or ForceTinder.
Old 12-18-2017, 05:36 PM   #2218
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
Watched it yesterday. I liked it alot, the more i thought about it today. I didnt really care for 'Grumpy Old Man' Luke, but that was probably more of my own personal expectations of where the character would be as an old man rather than anything script related.

Blame JJ and his mystery box obsession for that one.

Why would cheery Luke Skywalker abandon his friends and leave them to die?

JJ left another director to clean up his mess there, and Rian, well, tried.

Last edited by Chiefspants; 01-17-2022 at 08:51 AM..
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 05:38 PM   #2219
future chiefs fans

Quote:
You’re looking at this from the perspective of someone today.

I’m gonna go ahead and say Kylo wasn’t keeping tabs on Luke on Instagram or ForceTinder.
My roomate just pointed out that luke is wearing the same clothes and looks the same age as when he was going to kill ben solo in his sleep.

My roomate thinks luke projected that way to scare him.

That's actually a pretty awesome little detail.
Old 12-18-2017, 05:51 PM   #2220
I'll be back.

Kylo wasn't concerned with the details in that scene. He was consumed with rage. The only thing on his mind was killing Luke Skywalker.