Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-24-2023, 04:43 PM  
Please squeeze

***Official 2023-2024 NBA Thread***

Can't believe the NBA Season is starting tonight. Way to early but here we go.

Lakers vs Nuggets: 6:30PM

Suns vs Warriors: 9PM

Both on TNT
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-25-2023, 08:01 PM   #91
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

It’s pretty easy to pick out Wemby when watching this
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-25-2023, 08:02 PM   #92
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
I reported a few posts in here
Yeah, that checks out. A guy who only seldomly comes into these threads and solely to talk shit about how awful the NBA is when he does.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 10-25-2023, 10:15 PM   #93
Perpetual Mediocrity

Wemby refuses to shake hands in defeat.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 10-25-2023, 10:24 PM   #94
Banned!

I remember how excited I was when I thought OKC had drafted Lively. Cason Wallace may be one of the best ever, but I really liked the fit of someone like Lively at the 4. Oh well, he'll be a good one for Dallas.

That being said, OKC went into Chicago's barn and got the W.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-25-2023, 11:09 PM   #95
Stay down bitch!

Lively outplayed Wembam-overrated tonight great start to the season.
PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 10-26-2023, 08:10 AM   #96
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch View Post
Really curious to get a look at Wemby tonight in real game action.
He's just so damn unique, I really struggle to even speculate how he'll develop.

The frustrating thing is that it may just come down to how he's officiated. I just can't see the guy building an "NBA Body" - he's so damn slight. If officials allow people to body him, he'll struggle.

It's why I ultimately struggle a little with the 'best prospect since James; maybe top 5 of all time' stuff. There's just a lot that's completely unknown and enough that's somewhat out of his control.

Obviously the easy and somewhat lazy comp is Durant, but I feel like Durant was more explosive. And being less tall that Wembenaya helps him a little in that the dribble just isn't going to be as exposed on those drives. And I don't feel like he can develop the build to be an Anthony Davis sort offensively or defensively. Maybe I'm wrong - he's really young. But it's not like Durant ever really filled out a ton. Giannis is a thought stylistically but Giannis had a pretty steep learning curve in his own right and again, seems more suited physically for the pro game.

Is he as crazy and competitive as Garnett? Has the league gotten more accustomed to Euro-style players like Doncic and Porzingis?

Man, I'm at a complete loss with the kid. I mean he's going to be a very good player for a very long time. But the bar seems to be "Hall of Fame - inner circle or just another guy?" and man I am really hesitant there because the kid's just different.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-26-2023, 08:18 AM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
Lively outplayed Wembam-overrated tonight great start to the season.
Lively looked good.

It frustrates me that the Lakers stayed put at 17 and got a pretty 'meh' guy in Hood-Schifino when they had a clear need at center and Lively went 12.

Really couldn't have moved up to 10/11 to get that done? That's where the Mavs started and traded out. Just felt like a miss. Dallas goes out and essentially purchase pick 24 while the Lakers had some real trade assets but seemed hell bent on bringing everybody back rather than packaging some rights and moving around.

I think that one's gonna really sting, especially when Hood-Schifino is out of the league after his rookie deal. I just don't see much 'there' there.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-26-2023, 08:29 AM   #98
Veteran

I think I’m ready to say the Thunder are going to win 50+. Even with a meh opener for Chet, the future is looking so ****ing bright. Wallace already looks like a dude, and there might be something there with Dieng
Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 10-26-2023, 02:15 PM   #99
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Lively looked good.

It frustrates me that the Lakers stayed put at 17 and got a pretty 'meh' guy in Hood-Schifino when they had a clear need at center and Lively went 12.

Really couldn't have moved up to 10/11 to get that done? That's where the Mavs started and traded out. Just felt like a miss. Dallas goes out and essentially purchase pick 24 while the Lakers had some real trade assets but seemed hell bent on bringing everybody back rather than packaging some rights and moving around.

I think that one's gonna really sting, especially when Hood-Schifino is out of the league after his rookie deal. I just don't see much 'there' there.
OKC literally drafted Lively and then traded him to Dallas. I honestly thought we'd found our big-bodied 4 or 5 to pair with Chet.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-26-2023, 02:16 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
OKC literally drafted Lively and then traded him to Dallas. I honestly thought we'd found our big-bodied 4 or 5 to pair with Chet.
Yeah - at least the Lakers didn't do THAT.
Old 10-26-2023, 02:32 PM   #101
Banned!

Quote:
Yeah - at least the Lakers didn't do THAT.
I think Wallace is a good player, but I LOVED the Lively pick.
Old 10-26-2023, 02:36 PM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
I think Wallace is a good player, but I LOVED the Lively pick.
Oh.

Well we didn't do that either.

I just don't quite get the Hood-Schifino pick. I tried to talk myself into it and man I am not getting there.

I mean you could argue that he's a 3 and D stretch 3 type but he's not big enough for it...oh, and he can't shoot from deep either.

Maybe you can squint and see a plus perimeter defender for late-game matchups with solid floor vision; someone who can help defensively in the rotation without hurting offensively. But it feels like that's a guy you get in the mid-20s (again, in a draft where the Mavs purchased #24).

It was just a really dead spot in the draft and the Lakers ended up reaching because they got caught napping, IMO.

For perspective, I like Maxwell Lewis, who LA got at 40, better than Jalen. And I don't think I'm close to alone in that regard. Now right, wrong or otherwise, it was the mushy middle of the draft. It was just a spot that I think LA should've worked harder to move up out of (or taken a homerun swing in Whitmore).
Old 10-26-2023, 02:44 PM   #103
C Chiefs once a year!

Dubs gonna win it all this year.
Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 10-26-2023, 02:48 PM   #104
MVP

WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2023, 02:55 PM   #105
Banned!

Quote:
Oh.

Well we didn't do that either.

I just don't quite get the Hood-Schifino pick. I tried to talk myself into it and man I am not getting there.

I mean you could argue that he's a 3 and D stretch 3 type but he's not big enough for it...oh, and he can't shoot from deep either.

Maybe you can squint and see a plus perimeter defender for late-game matchups with solid floor vision; someone who can help defensively in the rotation without hurting offensively. But it feels like that's a guy you get in the mid-20s (again, in a draft where the Mavs purchased #24).

It was just a really dead spot in the draft and the Lakers ended up reaching because they got caught napping, IMO.

For perspective, I like Maxwell Lewis, who LA got at 40, better than Jalen. And I don't think I'm close to alone in that regard. Now right, wrong or otherwise, it was the mushy middle of the draft. It was just a spot that I think LA should've worked harder to move up out of (or taken a homerun swing in Whitmore).
Wallace had 13 points in 19 minutes, going 5-5 and 3-3 from deep. I doubt he keeps that up, but he's a nice point/combo guy with good size and defensive presence to bring off the bench.