Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-12-2014, 04:26 PM  
Time For Your Wake Up Call !!!

Broncos news megathread

Discussion: All things Broncos.

Last edited by ROYC75; 01-11-2017 at 02:02 PM.. Reason: Change Title, Please?
ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old Today, 03:12 PM   #73156
Abolish The Salary Cap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Besides, the Rams are in win now mode. McVay and Stafford are friends. How do you think Stafford would feel about not retiring for them to just turn around and use a top 15 pick on a QB?
Probably how Drew Brees would’ve felt if Payton traded up for Mahomes.
Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:15 PM   #73157
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrobProng View Post
There is no way the Rams would actually plan on going from Stafford to Nix.
The Rams may very well have taken Nix. However, the plan would have been to let Nix sit for two years maybe three before getting him on the field. The Rams interest in my mind confirms that Nix is in no way ready to be an NFL starter.
CsquaredCC is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CsquaredCC is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CsquaredCC is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CsquaredCC is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CsquaredCC is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CsquaredCC is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old Today, 03:17 PM   #73158
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Besides, the Rams are in win now mode. McVay and Stafford are friends. How do you think Stafford would feel about not retiring for them to just turn around and use a top 15 pick on a QB?

This may be true, probably is, but Stafford's contract runs out in 2026, and according to Spotrac, the Rams have an out for the 2026 season in place. And it's also true that Matt has had some serious injuries recently including a spinal injury a couple seasons ago, and he'll be 38 in 2026. just saying, now would be a decent time to begin preparing his replacement in a couple years if that was the direction they were thinking.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:20 PM   #73159
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
This may be true, probably is, but Stafford's contract runs out in 2026, and according to Spotrac, the Rams have an out for the 2026 season in place. And it's also true that Matt has had some serious injuries recently including a spinal injury a couple seasons ago, and he'll be 38 in 2026. just saying, now would be a decent time to begin preparing his replacement in a couple years if that was the direction they were thinking.
You're missing the point.

Who would Stafford return for the Rams to draft his replacement instead of using a top 15 pick to make him not retiring actually worth it?

Dude was thinking hard about retirement last year. He's not coming back just to groom the next guy.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:24 PM   #73160
The man you could post like.

Watching Knowmo try to justify the hilarity of Payton claiming he thought Mahomes was the best QB he ever scouted while sitting with his dick in his hands and getting completely ****ed is amazing
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:25 PM   #73161
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
You're missing the point.

Who would Stafford return for the Rams to draft his replacement instead of using a top 15 pick to make him not retiring actually worth it?

Dude was thinking hard about retirement last year. He's not coming back just to groom the next guy.

Oh, I agree. Matt's still playing at a very high level, and looks like he's fully committed to trying to win another SB. But the end is pretty near, and McVay has to be thinking about replacing him sooner rather than later, no?

(I'm not saying at all that McVay was seriously looking to draft nix, btw. Personally, I think McVay still has his eye on Baker in 2026 if Matt retires)
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:33 PM   #73162
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Oh, I agree. Matt's still playing at a very high level, and looks like he's fully committed to trying to win another SB. But the end is pretty near, and McVay has to be thinking about replacing him sooner rather than later, no?

(I'm not saying at all that McVay was seriously looking to draft nix, btw. Personally, I think McVay still has his eye on Baker in 2026 if Matt retires)
Ok, so my point is that taking what I said about Stafford and combining it with the fact that McVay and him are legitimately friends, I can't see the Rams blindsiding him like the Falcons did Cousins.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:37 PM   #73163
The man you could post like.

"B-b-but what about poor Brees feelings?!?"

The Saints hadn't even made the playoffs for 3 seasons prior to the 2017 draft. Payton would have been perfectly within reason to trade up and ensure Mahomes, you know, considering he was the bestestestest QB he ever did saw.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:39 PM   #73164
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe View Post

Wow! Now we are up to comparisons with Elway. I am no Broncos or Elway fan, but Nix is nowhere near the caliber of prospect or QB Elway was.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old Today, 03:41 PM   #73165
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe View Post
An OC working the phones for an undrafted free agent is a little different than the story you guys tell about Veach.

I’m sure Veach liked Mahomes, but so did Ballard, Dorsey, and Reid. They would’ve traded up for him with or without Veach.
What reason do you have to think that Dorsey/Ballard were as high on Mahomes as Veach?
RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old Today, 03:42 PM   #73166
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
Wow! Now we are up to comparisons with Elway. I am no Broncos or Elway fan, but Nix is nowhere near the caliber of prospect or QB Elway was.
Harbaugh said McCarthy was the best QB in this year's loaded QB class. That's what coaches do.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:44 PM   #73167
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Ok, so my point is that taking what I said about Stafford and combining it with the fact that McVay and him are legitimately friends, I can't see the Rams blindsiding him like the Falcons did Cousins.

Oh, I'm sure that if McVay was going to draft Nix (or any QB in the first round) he would've spoken to Matt well beforehand. Like you, I think they have that kind of mutual respect between them. Hell, maybe he did, but the draft just didn't fall the way they wanted, idk.

I was just pointing out that from a chronological perspective, it did make some sense for the Rams to consider drafting a QB this year, that's all.
Old Today, 03:47 PM   #73168
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Rams wanted Bowers badly, which indicates how they feel about Stafford. The Rams could have absolutely moved on from Stafford previously if they were truly ready to move on from him. They did have Baker Mayfield there in 2022 and could have kept him if they really wanted to begin the QB transition to him.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Rams had Nix on their board, but he clearly wasn’t high on it. If they truly loved him they would have tried to trade up for him.

They probably had Nix graded as a 2nd rd pick like every other team but Denver while taking him in late rd 1 where the projections began for him.
Exactly. Had they wanted Nix, they would not have sat there and waited on him. They would have done what was needed to get him. Their GM is legendary for just throwing 1st rounders around to get who they want. The fact they wanted Bowers says all that is needed about who they truly wanted.
Old Today, 03:47 PM   #73169
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar View Post
What reason do you have to think that Dorsey/Ballard were as high on Mahomes as Veach?
I mean - Dorsey is ultimately who pulled the trigger and gave up quite a bit of draft capital to do so.

I believe Veach absolutely sold Reid and Dorsey on Mahomes, but by the time the pick was made I believe the organization was in lockstep on it.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:56 PM   #73170
Three-Pat

Quote:
Oh, I'm sure that if McVay was going to draft Nix (or any QB in the first round) he would've spoken to Matt well beforehand. Like you, I think they have that kind of mutual respect between them. Hell, maybe he did, but the draft just didn't fall the way they wanted, idk.

I was just pointing out that from a chronological perspective, it did make some sense for the Rams to consider drafting a QB this year, that's all.
It does actually make sense. The only question would be for a QB and possible HC in a win now mode, would drafting a QB in round 1 help them achieve that.