Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-14-2024, 06:15 PM   #2
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woogieman View Post
I've had some great steaks, none worth the price of a steak house these days. I may have just gotten lucky, but the best steaks I ever had were $6.99 ribeyes from Hy-Vee that a cooked on high on my old Weber gas grill. Just a little rub, rested them in butter in foil, best ever. I'm with you though, the only thing that may blow my doors off is a wagyu steak....that someone else would have to pay for
We went to a restaurant a couple of weeks ago that has a generally good steak. Over the past five years it's gone from $30 to $55, and that's a no. I can get 11 Wendy's Meal Deals for that price.

Before scho laughs at me, I've gone to high-end steak houses and paid $100 for a meal. But that's usually for special occasions. The restaurant above is a restaurant that we'll just wander into for lunch occasionally.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-15-2024, 08:07 AM   #3
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
I've had some great steaks, none worth the price of a steak house these days. I may have just gotten lucky, but the best steaks I ever had were $6.99 ribeyes from Hy-Vee that a cooked on high on my old Weber gas grill. Just a little rub, rested them in butter in foil, best ever. I'm with you though, the only thing that may blow my doors off is a wagyu steak....that someone else would have to pay for
Well yeah but then you have to cook, shop, prep, do dishes, and maintain the grill. When I go to a restaurant I just roll in and I don't gotta do any of that. Life is too short to cook.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2024, 07:51 PM   #4
The Insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven View Post
In Omaha, it's all about steak houses...and I'm kinda over them. I love a good steak, and there are many overpriced options to get one. There's a swanky ala carte one in the Old Market called Spencers...great steak...****ing expensive.

I don't really find it worth it tbh. But that's just me. I'd go to this place if I'm in KC just to do it. I don't think they are going to have a steak that will blow my mind.

Meh. Maybe I'm just old too. There's that...
Crazy thing is Texas Roadhouse is about as good as some the expensive steakhouse joints for alot less of the price.
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 08:02 PM   #5
MER

There are 600 Texas Roadhouse restaurants that each cut a million dollars worth of beef every year. It's the same steak. Just more of them.
Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2024, 09:41 PM   #6
What's up braj?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry View Post
Crazy thing is Texas Roadhouse is about as good as some the expensive steakhouse joints for alot less of the price.
Probably an unpopular take but you’re not wrong.

Roadhouse is comparable to fast food prices anymore, which is downright crazy. Depending on what we order we’re about $40 at the to-go window at Roadhouse. Last time we got Popeyes for both of us it was $36 and they messed up our shit.
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-15-2024, 09:46 PM   #7
Feeling Victorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven View Post
In Omaha, it's all about steak houses...and I'm kinda over them. I love a good steak, and there are many overpriced options to get one. There's a swanky ala carte one in the Old Market called Spencers...great steak...****ing expensive.

I don't really find it worth it tbh. But that's just me. I'd go to this place if I'm in KC just to do it. I don't think they are going to have a steak that will blow my mind.

Meh. Maybe I'm just old too. There's that...
This.. I was just going to post this. Omaha is to steaks as KC is to BBQ.
alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-16-2024, 09:32 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Not so much these days...I don't know if there is a consensus "best steak house" in KC these days that isn't a chain. KC used to be known for steak houses, but is definitaly a BBQ town now. IS JJ's as good as it was in the previous location? I've never really heard much about Stock Hill, I've heard good word about Pierpont's...been to 801 Chop House, Eddie Vs, Capital Grille, et al-good steaks, but not worth the price these days imho.
All I know about Capital Grille is that I could eat a 55-gallon drum full of those Au Gratin potatoes in one sitting.

Might end up with 3rd degree burns on my tongue and inside of my mouth, but it would be worth it.
JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2024, 12:50 PM   #9
MER

Well, they could do a bowling alley like Broncos players.

But it feels much easier to overcharge rich people for Bourbon and waygu. And they have a safe place to be kings. With tax write offs.
Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2024, 12:54 PM   #10
Inmem 2.0

Lowes has a really good bar
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2024, 12:55 PM   #11
MER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
Ours has elk brats.
Stay in your lane.
Old 03-14-2024, 06:13 PM   #12
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
Those Kobalt hand tools they sell as a home brand are pretty good in a pinch. I have their sockets and find them ok. They also have good sales on BBQ pellets and Charcoal. I haven't used their pry bars or crowbars though.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2024, 12:57 PM   #13
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Welp, now I know where we're going for dinner when my friends and I meet up in KC this summer or next.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2024, 12:59 PM   #14
What's up braj?

Hopefully this isn't some cash grab and they did it right and hired the guy from Kohl's to design their bathrooms
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 8 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 01:19 PM   #15
Veteran

Toney and Skyy can flip the burgers.
Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.