Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-23-2019, 11:30 AM  
In Search of a Life

Frank Clark to KC!

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-24-2019, 07:47 AM   #1546
Beyond the Rapids

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Except for Pat...
goes without saying
Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 07:50 AM   #1547
Diablo Negro

Everyone yelling about Veach and wishing we still had Ballard apparently missed that Ballard tried to trade for Clark and would have had to give him the same money.

Bitching about giving up what is essentially a 2nd rounder and a 3rd rounder and improving 8 spots in the 3rd and what will probably be 10-12 spots in the second round next year is dumb as ****.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 07:50 AM   #1548
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmax63 View Post
There's 2 types of negotiators. There's the guy who finds what he likes and buys it at the best deal he can and there's the guy that finds what he likes but only buys at his price point. Guy #1 gets what he wants and moves on to the next thing. Guy#2 can get what he wants eventually if the other side gives in or he ends up with a substitute that may or may not work. Veach is obviously #1 and the best example I can think of for #2 was Carl Peterson.
Many might also argue that our inability to get deals done has led to us getting screwed in comp. We seem to always miss out on blue chip free agents and instead overpay for second tier. We got a great deal for Alex Smith but many were severely disappointed with our trade comp for Dee Ford and Marcus peters. We keep hearing about deals the Chiefs asked and asked about, like Earl Thomas and clowney etc. that we could never pull off. Are we overpaying with trades because we struggle to get big deals done otherwise?
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-24-2019, 07:51 AM   #1549
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell View Post
Still not on Chiefs.com...why does it take them so long?
He has to get in for physical before its pen to paper.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-24-2019, 07:52 AM   #1550
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

I'm slowly coming around on this trade, solely for the reason that Frank is a proven guy and we have an immediate Super Bowl window. I'm all about building for the long term, but it's been almost 50 years since the Chiefs were in a Super Bowl, so if we want to go all out this year, let's do it. I'm getting old.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-24-2019, 07:53 AM   #1551
The man you could post like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcclone View Post
You’re just not going to have a decent defense with 25 choir boys. It’s not happening. The guy F’ed up when he was what, 21? It happens and virtually every company, including the one that you probably work for, employs guys with things in their past.
When the average guy does stupid shit like that they just pay the consequences. When a professional athlete does stupid shit it ends up a disastrous hullabaloo with the end result usually being a lengthy suspension for PR reasons. I'd just rather not bring in a guy who's already shown propensity for doing said stupid shit, especially considering what the Chiefs have put up with this last year.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-24-2019, 07:53 AM   #1552
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
Everyone yelling about Veach and wishing we still had Ballard apparently missed that Ballard tried to trade for Clark and would have had to give him the same money.

Bitching about giving up what is essentially a 2nd rounder and a 3rd rounder and improving 8 spots in the 3rd and what will probably be 10-12 spots in the second round next year is dumb as ****.
Ballard is spending all offseason with his 100 million of cap space holding his dick in his hand doing nothing.....other than being happy being a wild card round loser, cause that's what that'll get you.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-24-2019, 07:53 AM   #1553
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
We still have a lot of "who will do this?" Who will play ILB. Who besides honey Badger will run a spags scheme that relies on really smart DB's. And it also begs the question of if we could have solved this edge rush earlier in the offseason and saved ourselves the picks... Even begs the question of if we could have just used ford as a one year stopgap until we found a long term solution.

Don't get me wrong. I'm excited as hell to have Clark. I just don't get people swearing off what a 29 and 60-ish pick could do just because they won't be frank Clark calibre. A few years from now when all our contracts expire at once and we have virtually no young pipeline to fill those gaps, we're going to be asking a lot more "who will do this" questions. I hope to God we have a super bowl before then.
Getting Clark moved the Vegas line to make the Chiefs a favorite to win the SB. So far the Chiefs have added 2 contracts of AAV over 10 mil and Jones will make 3 this year. The Chiefs are working to make sure everything doesn't "come due" all in 1 year. They still have 3 picks in the 1st 3 rounds this year and next in the draft. Just like every other team they need to hit on a majority of their picks, no change there. Giving a 1st and a 2nd round future pick for Clark to have impact now and be favored this year is worth the uncertainty of what a next years 2nd could have brought.
tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-24-2019, 07:54 AM   #1554
Beyond the Rapids

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
Yep. The goal is to win a Super Bowl in 2019. Everything after this is largely immaterial until this time next year.
Yes... and I don't buy the idea that we have a window closing, anyway. This team just broke through last year, and the key pieces are all young and in their prime.

This 'load it up and then blow it up' philosophy is a loser mentality. When you have an elite QB, you can build a team for sustainable greatness.

But you have to stock up on both sides of the ball before you can move to the 'reload and replace' maintenance phase.

The talent level of the defense last year was historically bad. You have to fix that before you talk about running the team as if you are already a dynasty. Clark is a huge step toward that.
Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 07:55 AM   #1555
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
This team was a 5-yard penalty away from the Super Bowl. The "young pipeline" is something we can fret about this weekend and all through this offseason and next offseason.
I don't hate the trade so I totally get how huge it is to have frank Clark. But I think I and many others are asking if we could have spent earlier and better or made a more reasonable trade that allows us to get much better while also keeping the picks. It feels like a panic move where we gave up way more than we needed to.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-24-2019, 07:55 AM   #1556

Quote:

On this note, why is everybody pining for Dorsey so much? He's pretty much taken the exact same approach as we have, which is still much more preferable to standing pat with 100 million in cap except for rentals like Funchess and Houston.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-24-2019, 07:56 AM   #1557
Beyond the Rapids

Quote:

Ballard didn't make the high bid, now he's gonna see Frank Clark in the playoffs any time his team makes it there. Wonder if their fans will feel like the savings was worth it in the coming years?
Old 04-24-2019, 07:56 AM   #1558
Beyond the Rapids

Quote:
I don't hate the trade so I totally get how huge it is to have frank Clark. But I think I and many others are asking if we could have spent earlier and better or made a more reasonable trade that allows us to get much better while also keeping the picks. It feels like a panic move where we gave up way more than we needed to.
What was the next best offer on the table?

Or what was Seattle's asking price earlier in the offseason that we could have gotten him for?
Old 04-24-2019, 07:57 AM   #1559
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Or it's the move Veach had in mind all along. Who were you going to get earlier in free agency that is even close to Clark's level anyway?
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-24-2019, 07:58 AM   #1560

It's REALLY bad when you consider the medical history of Andrew Luck. I'd be pushing hard to win now while he's still capable of playing.