Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-10-2019, 05:00 PM   #2
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRichard View Post
I always pictured The Rock as Jack Reacher. Thought he would fit the part to a T.
Reacher was 100% white, as we know that isn't The Rock.

Hard to believe but Johnson's dad Rocky Johnson was more buffed out than Dwayne is. Dad tag teamed with Tony "Mr.USA" Atlas.
Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 09-10-2019, 03:03 PM   #3
Sandbox: Leander Lasercats

Adam Baldwin would be a very good choice for Reacher.

I completely agree with the OP in that I love the Reacher books and was shocked when I heard Cruise was going to play the main character. For this very reason I have not seen either of the movies and probably won't.

I will disagree with using Bautista in the role though. Too jacked. Reacher is a big man but nothing makes him sound like a body builder type. Liam Neeson would be a great fit!
Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 09-10-2019, 05:05 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrae View Post
Adam Baldwin would be a very good choice for Reacher.

I completely agree with the OP in that I love the Reacher books and was shocked when I heard Cruise was going to play the main character. For this very reason I have not seen either of the movies and probably won't.

I will disagree with using Bautista in the role though. Too jacked. Reacher is a big man but nothing makes him sound like a body builder type. Liam Neeson would be a great fit!
Both movies are outstanding, I highly recommend them.

I do think it was pretty much...."most won't have any idea who Jack Reacher is, while everyone knows who Tom Cruise is".....bottom line $$$$$$$ of course.
Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 09-10-2019, 05:24 PM   #5
Blah Blah Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell View Post
Both movies are outstanding, I highly recommend them.

I do think it was pretty much...."most won't have any idea who Jack Reacher is, while everyone knows who Tom Cruise is".....bottom line $$$$$$$ of course.
I didn't like either movie, but I have an admitted anti-TC bias.
kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 09-10-2019, 05:26 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc rush View Post
I didn't like either movie, but I have an admitted anti-TC bias.
So what is a good movie in your opinion?
Old 09-10-2019, 05:33 PM   #7
Blah Blah Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell View Post
So what is a good movie in your opinion?
In this genre, I'd say Heat. Haven't thought too much about it and would have to come up with a list.
kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 09-11-2019, 11:25 AM   #8
In Search of a Life

First Jack Reacher film was outstanding. Throwback to classic action films with more realism and zero CGI.

The 2nd one was blah...
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-11-2019, 12:45 PM   #9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
First Jack Reacher film was outstanding. Throwback to classic action films with more realism and zero CGI.

The 2nd one was blah...
Yeah first one was really entertaining.
Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 09-12-2019, 03:44 PM   #10
Blah Blah Blah

I'd say Killing Floor is the best place to start, but as long as you have a fundamental understanding of the character you can read any of the books and be fine. There seems to be occasional referrals to characters or events from other books, but it doesn't seem to get in the way.
Old 12-02-2021, 09:04 PM   #11
In Search of a Life

New Jack Reacher series on Amazon. This guy certainly looks the part.

Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-03-2021, 05:28 AM   #12
Buddy Christ is a Chiefs fan

Quote:

I actually like the looks of it... maybe a little cheesy but I can deal with it.
BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 02-22-2022, 10:59 AM   #13
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:

No Tom Cruise. No 5'7'' man. May watch.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-04-2022, 02:15 PM   #14
Supporter

Never had anything to do with this platform, not out of choice but out of obliviousness. Not read any books, not seen any movies, . . . but the new series seems off to a promising start.

Sure, it's a potpourri of recycled tropes, but it's blended and balanced well.

Helps knowing the material is based on existing canon, not some seat-of-the-pants adaptation.

Kind of like watching an airport novel.

Last edited by Baby Lee; 02-04-2022 at 02:21 PM..
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-04-2022, 11:06 PM   #15
Black Bob's daddy

Almost finished with the season. I’ve read most of the books, this guy definitely fits the part.

If you like Jack Reacher I recommend taking a look at The Terminal List coming out in April on Amazon Prime. Jack Carr is a former Navy Seal and has walked the walk so the series is like a more accurate/realistic Jack Reacher.
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.