Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-09-2018, 07:39 PM  
I'll be back.

Star Wars: Episode IX

Welp, time to start the thread because LANDO IS BACK.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...ing-episode-ix

Quote:
The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed the long-gestating rumors that Billy Dee Williams will return to that galaxy far, far away and will reprise his role of Lando Calrissian for next year’s Star Wars: Episode IX!

Williams made his debut as the gambling scoundrel in Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, reprising in Episode VI: Return of the Jedi, and in countless other Star Wars shows like Star Wars Rebels and games like Star Wars: Jedi Knight II – Jedi Outcast. He even voiced the character in various Robot Chicken and Family Guy episodes dedicated solely to Star Wars as well as The LEGO Movie. Donald Glover stepped into the role earlier this year to play a younger Lando in Solo: A Star Wars Story.

In Episode IX, Williams joins returning franchise stars Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, and Adam Driver, plus newcomer (and frequent J.J. Abrams collabroator) Keri Russell.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-23-2019, 05:15 PM   #646
sorta mod-ish

"OH, you dropped something. The plot."

Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-24-2019, 09:04 AM   #647
In BB I trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell View Post
Palpatine...**** you with this...

...I've said it before, this is my last Star Wars movie. They just don't know how to make it compelling any more. Yes, the action is pretty cool, but that's not what Star Wars was to me. After the shitty prequels, I enjoyed TFA, even if it was a stupid ass reboot. TLJ killed my enthusiasm.

I'll watch this one, but I don't have high hopes.

I'm 100% with you. I loved the first three -- watched each like 50 times on HBO when cable was new, options were few, and repeats were many.

But ever since it's a gigantic pile of meh or worse, outside a few action scenes. Rogue One is the only movie I would call legitimately "very good" since the first three.
Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 10:36 AM   #648
The man you could post like.

Saw a couple of leaked pictures. If you've seen the leaked plot synopsis, it's dead on accurate.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-24-2019, 10:41 AM   #649
Here We Go Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate View Post
I've reached a command decision, and the decision is this:

The prequels and the sequels simply don't exist. Not a one of them is worth acknowledging much less remembering, so I'm wiping them out.
They seriously could have taken the budgets of those six films and made a trilogy about what Darth Vader likes to do on his day off, and it would have blown this haphazard shit they're calling "canon" right to hell where it belongs.

Mother**** Walt Disney.
What sucks the most is that a fantastic trilogy sequel exists with the Thrawn books. Instead of rolling with that, Disney chose to say that everything outside their new timeline never happened.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 10-24-2019, 10:47 AM   #650
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superturtle View Post
Saw a couple of leaked pictures. If you've seen the leaked plot synopsis, it's dead on accurate.
I really don't want to know what the leaks say, so just sum it up - excellent, meh, or a disaster?
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-24-2019, 10:49 AM   #651
sorta mod-ish

And oh yeah - why the hell does JJ have a fascination with starships under water? It was kinda cool with the Enterprise, but an entire Star Destroyer?
Old 10-24-2019, 10:53 AM   #652
The man you could post like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
I really don't want to know what the leaks say, so just sum it up - excellent, meh, or a disaster?
Divisive. I do think most will like it better than TLJ, but that's a laughably low bar to set.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-24-2019, 12:05 PM   #653
sorta mod-ish

Old 10-24-2019, 01:22 PM   #654
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superturtle View Post
Divisive. I do think most will like it better than TLJ, but that's a laughably low bar to set.
That's like saying you'll like a glass of lukewarm water more than a glass of sour milk.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-24-2019, 03:03 PM   #655
oxymoron

I feel like I'm in the minority as far as the apparent general reaction to the trailer, but it didn't do much for me aside from the tear-jerking line from C3PO and the voice of Carrie Fisher ending it.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-24-2019, 03:08 PM   #656
Unsparing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
That's like saying you'll like a glass of lukewarm water more than a glass of sour milk.
Pretty much. I do know they test screened several different endings in an attempt to get a feel for how audiences would best respond. They're absolutely scared shitless at the thought of having another flop on their hands that the fan base would tear to shreds.
Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 03:12 PM   #657
Veteran

Quote:
I've reached a command decision, and the decision is this:

The prequels and the sequels simply don't exist.
Hizzah! Does that mean you're done posting about this movie that doesn't exist?
Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 03:12 PM   #658
Veteran

Quote:
Lol. They've still got that bag o' **** slated to do an entire trilogy of something Star Wars. I guess that's his reward for being the only asshole in Hollywood hard up enough to destroy the character of Luke Skywalker.
I'd like to punch that queer right in his ****ing nose.
oh...
Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Red Brooklyn Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 10-24-2019, 03:13 PM   #659
Veteran

Quote:
Dipshit Kylo leaves his lightsaber on the ruins of the Death Star after Mary Sue stabs him in the chest with it, and then heals him enough to keep him from dying. So everything his character has done for and with the First Order up to that point is tossed aside like Luke nonchalantly chucking his father's lightsaber over the cliff, because Kylo has a post-asswhipping vision of Han Solo telling him it's never too late to return to the light.

Han Solo.

The smuggler with ZERO force ability.

Not Anakin/Vader who Kylo has been feverishly spanking his force monkey to for three ****ing films, but Han Solo.

So, dipshit goes back to Palpatine's lair with NO WEAPON, intending to join Mary Sue and help her defeat the Sith Lord. Palpatine siphons enough force essence from these two morons to rejuvenate himself to an Episode III state, and then promptly kills the village idiot who came to the gun fight with a slingshot.
A fitting end for a character so horribly written and executed.
and yet...
Old 10-24-2019, 03:13 PM   #660
Veteran

Quote:
Pretty much. I do know they test screened several different endings in an attempt to get a feel for how audiences would best respond. They're absolutely scared shitless at the thought of having another flop on their hands that the fan base would tear to shreds.
they clearly exist