Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-20-2017, 07:10 PM  
Now you've pissed me off!

****Official 2017 Missouri Tigers Football Thread****

Year two of the Barry Odom era begins in a little over a month.

2017 Schedule:

Spoiler!

Hamas' Crystal ball says 6-6 w/ two SEC wins (SC @ home and @Vandy).

Recruiting:

Bold=Signed LOI

Spoiler!

Last edited by 'Hamas' Jenkins; 02-07-2018 at 10:01 AM..
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:24 AM   #841
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
Mediocre teams don't beat five straight bad teams by 28-47 points.
When I say mediocre I mean in comparison to Top 10 Teams.....Bama, Clemson, Miami....
Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:56 AM   #842
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerinMo View Post
Really? That's why he was hoping to God his close play was a fumble when he was clearly down? lol
His comment, "That's awfully close to a fumble...", had me rolling my eyes. I think when the games get out of hand announcers must try to manufacture drama or competition.
kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 11-20-2017, 09:29 AM   #843
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosbonian View Post
When I say mediocre I mean in comparison to Top 10 Teams.....Bama, Clemson, Miami....
And they never will. There is no equity in college football. That's the reality of the game. There are a handful of teams from which the eventual champion emerges every year, and we ain't one of them.

Missouri's ceiling is top second tier team. Every now and then they get there. But if they won the SEC East 20 years in a row, they'd lose to Alabama/Auburn in the championship game 20 years in a row. Just like they almost never beat Oklahoma, and certainly not when it really mattered.

That's just the way it is.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-20-2017, 09:34 AM   #844
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
And they never will. There is no equity in college football. That's the reality of the game. There are a handful of teams from which the eventual champion emerges every year, and we ain't one of them.

Missouri's ceiling is top second tier team. Every now and then they get there. But if they won the SEC East 20 years in a row, they'd lose to Alabama/Auburn in the championship game 20 years in a row. Just like they almost never beat Oklahoma, and certainly not when it really mattered.

Mizzou's best chance was the year they played Auburn.....and they actually kept that game close enough. I still think that shot on Henry Josey that knocked him into the golf cart should have been 15 more yard and gotten the guy kicked out of the game.

I get that our ceiling is where it is...but I must admit I am enjoying this year. After listening to the FL/GA local sports shows making fun of MU early in the season and counting their game as a sure win ahead of time, and then seeing that crumble makes this season successful to me.

Plus.....if they get into the TaxSlayer Bowl I can go see the game
Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.
Old 11-20-2017, 09:46 AM   #845

Quote:

That's true up until it isn't. College football is dynastic, but there are a lot of teams that we would lump in like that who have crashed the party.

There were decades where Florida, FSU, and Miami were absolute dog shit programs. Nebraska was the best program of the 90s, and teams like Colorado, Georgia Tech, Washington have won national titles, where there have been long stretches where Alabama, Auburn, and Texas were flat out bad. Clemson was an also-ran for 20+ years until they hired Swinney, and Oregon went from a perennial doormat to an elite program for a decade, until they hired the wrong guy.

The right coach can make any Power 5 school a destination and the wrong one can destroy any dynasty.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-20-2017, 09:57 AM   #846
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
That's true up until it isn't. College football is dynastic, but there are a lot of teams that we would lump in like that who have crashed the party.

There were decades where Florida, FSU, and Miami were absolute dog shit programs. Nebraska was the best program of the 90s, and teams like Colorado, Georgia Tech, Washington have won national titles, where there have been long stretches where Alabama, Auburn, and Texas were flat out bad. Clemson was an also-ran for 20+ years until they hired Swinney, and Oregon went from a perennial doormat to an elite program for a decade, until they hired the wrong guy.

The right coach can make any Power 5 school a destination and the wrong one can destroy any dynasty.
It's not like I wouldn't love to be proven wrong here. I just don't ever see it happening.

If only the Big 12 hadn't had a conference championship game in 2007.....
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:10 AM   #847
On Hiatus

Quote:

The perennial powers stay elite.....and that class is small. You would have to lump Alabama, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Michigan and maybe Penn State to that group. Alabama's bad stretch was really short in comparison to most.....and Ohio State and Oklahoma still seem to be good even in down years.

The reality is that MU will probably be Top 20 at different times....maybe climbing to Top 5 once in a while, but never be an "elite" team.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:14 AM   #848
MVP

Quote:

If we had a decent defensive coordinator in 2013, it may have been Mizzou vs FSU at the Rose Bowl for all the marbles

We can do it, it just won't be easy. If Wisconsin believes they can do it, Mizzou should too. Afterall, when has Wisconsin ever been a win away from the NCG? Never. Mizzou has done that twice (2007, 2013). I want to return to that level of play, and there's no reason we can't do it a Missouri
Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-20-2017, 12:23 PM   #849
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best22 View Post
If we had a decent defensive coordinator in 2013, it may have been Mizzou vs FSU at the Rose Bowl for all the marbles

We can do it, it just won't be easy. If Wisconsin believes they can do it, Mizzou should too. Afterall, when has Wisconsin ever been a win away from the NCG? Never. Mizzou has done that twice (2007, 2013). I want to return to that level of play, and there's no reason we can't do it a Missouri

That 2013 team was loaded. Best team of the Pinkel era. I think they would have matched up better against Alabama, honestly, than Auburn. Maybe not well enough to win the league, but better (that Alabama team was still running a very pro-style offense, and Missouri's aggressive Tampa 2 matched up nicely against that).

Missouri CAN be a consistent top 25-30 program with a good coach. A few times a decade, that type of program can/should ascend and compete legitimately for a division title.

Unless they land an all-time great coach, that's probably the ceiling for now. And that's fine.

It's also the territory Clemson lived in until Swinney took it to the next level. So it's possible to stabilize and then ascend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-20-2017, 12:56 PM   #850
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
That 2013 team was loaded. Best team of the Pinkel era. I think they would have matched up better against Alabama, honestly, than Auburn. Maybe not well enough to win the league, but better (that Alabama team was still running a very pro-style offense, and Missouri's aggressive Tampa 2 matched up nicely against that).

Missouri CAN be a consistent top 25-30 program with a good coach. A few times a decade, that type of program can/should ascend and compete legitimately for a division title.

Unless they land an all-time great coach, that's probably the ceiling for now. And that's fine.

It's also the territory Clemson lived in until Swinney took it to the next level. So it's possible to stabilize and then ascend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not sure about Clemson. That was always a great job. Surrounded by talent, solid tradition, rabid fanbase, pure football school.

I think we're more like South Carolina. Potential yet to be fully realized
Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-20-2017, 01:23 PM   #851
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best22 View Post
I'm not sure about Clemson. That was always a great job. Surrounded by talent, solid tradition, rabid fanbase, pure football school.

I think we're more like South Carolina. Potential yet to be fully realized

And I'm not sure why I'm supposed to be worried about some sleeping giant that is Tennessee football.

That fanbase has always believed that program is better than it is. It isn't as though TN is a hotbed of football talent or anything. Johnny Majors was essentially their version of Gary Pinkel; good coach for a long time that never quite got over the hump. He made them relevant again much in the same way that Pinkel finally pushed Mizzou past the ignominy of the Widenhofer/Stull years.

And then Fulmer came along, continued a similar trend but won that one key game that Pinkel couldn't win (damn you, Oklahoma...) that built on what Majors accomplished before him.

Tennessee has no cause to be considered obviously better than Missouri, regardless of what their fans or the pundits think.

Florida can make that claim but they're dealing with so much competition for FL kids that it makes it pretty hard for them to stay on top for any appreciable period of time as well. With Florida State always being FSU and Miami constantly lurking in the shadows, not to mention the fact that everyone in the SEC makes it a goal to poach from FL, I'm not going to just concede that FL should be a perennial powerhouse.

Georgia scares me more than either of those 2. GA has a great talent base and far less competition from in-school powers for them. If UGA got the right coach (and they might have him), they could be set up for some pretty long-term domination due to legitimate logistical advantages they have.

Mizzou could be considered on par with South Carolina if you wanted to go that route, sure. But they have the ability to go toe to toe with TN.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-23-2017, 10:52 PM   #852
I’m a Mahomo!

Someone needs to talk me out of dropping a grand on the Tigers tomorrow!

I've bet a C note the last couple of weeks for some easy money but I'm thinking of going big time tomorrow.

Should I stick to $100 or push it with a $1000?
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-23-2017, 11:09 PM   #853

Quote:
Originally Posted by KChiefs1 View Post

I've bet a C note the last couple of weeks for some easy money but I'm thinking of going big time tomorrow.

That's a lot of money to put on Mizzou, especially given how their defense performed in the second half. Arkansas isn't great, but they have looked better the last few weeks.
Old 11-23-2017, 11:32 PM   #854
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
And I'm not sure why I'm supposed to be worried about some sleeping giant that is Tennessee football.

That fanbase has always believed that program is better than it is. It isn't as though TN is a hotbed of football talent or anything. Johnny Majors was essentially their version of Gary Pinkel; good coach for a long time that never quite got over the hump. He made them relevant again much in the same way that Pinkel finally pushed Mizzou past the ignominy of the Widenhofer/Stull years.

And then Fulmer came along, continued a similar trend but won that one key game that Pinkel couldn't win (damn you, Oklahoma...) that built on what Majors accomplished before him.

Tennessee has no cause to be considered obviously better than Missouri, regardless of what their fans or the pundits think.

Florida can make that claim but they're dealing with so much competition for FL kids that it makes it pretty hard for them to stay on top for any appreciable period of time as well. With Florida State always being FSU and Miami constantly lurking in the shadows, not to mention the fact that everyone in the SEC makes it a goal to poach from FL, I'm not going to just concede that FL should be a perennial powerhouse.

Georgia scares me more than either of those 2. GA has a great talent base and far less competition from in-school powers for them. If UGA got the right coach (and they might have him), they could be set up for some pretty long-term domination due to legitimate logistical advantages they have.

Mizzou could be considered on par with South Carolina if you wanted to go that route, sure. But they have the ability to go toe to toe with TN.
Tennessee has proven they can put together top 10 classes. If they ever had a competent coach they could be an easy playoff team. I don't think Currie is a good AD and could see them hiring a guy like Mullen who IMO ceiling is 9-10 wins.
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-23-2017, 11:53 PM   #855
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by KChiefs1 View Post

I'd feel more comfortable about paying a hooker $100 to choke me out in the shower than any money riding anything Mizzou, ever.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.