Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-19-2020, 02:33 PM   #7081
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingRed View Post
Sure but his point still stands. We haven't topped 200k yet (That we know) at this time in H1N1 we had over a million in the world infected.

So it really break down to either China Virus is alot less deadly and more people have it than we know by a factor of 5. Or its not a easy to spread as H1N1 thus far.
Or, we would have much higher case numbers than we have without countries locking down.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2020, 02:33 PM   #7082
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjayb View Post
Fatality rates based on what? Known cases or estimated cases? We have no idea how many people actually have this now. Especially when you read reports that some people have it and don't even know they have it. That most cases are mild with some not showing any signs of having it. The more people that have this the lower the fatality rate. I think the number of people who have it or have had it is much higher than what is reported.
Exactly....... Or if you refuse to believe that you are admitting at this point of a pandemic H1N1 was more infectious
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2020, 02:33 PM   #7083
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Sure but his point still stands. We haven't topped 200k yet (That we know) at this time in H1N1 we had over a million in the world infected.

So it really break down to either China Virus is alot less deadly and more people have it than we know by a factor of 5. Or its not a easy to spread as H1N1 thus far.
I guess if the explanation that "these things are complex, and I trust the people who spend their entire lives studying these things over random people on the internet doing basic math with a calculator" doesn't cut it, I'm not sure there's a lot of middle ground to discuss.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 9 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 02:34 PM   #7084
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Fatality rates based on what? Known cases or estimated cases? We have no idea how many people actually have this now. Especially when you read reports that some people have it and don't even know they have it. That most cases are mild with some not showing any signs of having it. The more people that have this the lower the fatality rate. I think the number of people who have it or have had it is much higher than what is reported.
Yes, known cases and deaths. And yes, I'm aware that the true rate won't be known until this is over, and even then, it will still be an estimated.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2020, 02:35 PM   #7085

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
Or, we would have much higher case numbers than we have without countries locking down.
That is irrelevant to the point he is making.
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 02:35 PM   #7086
Diablo Negro

Quote:

1MM cases of H1N1 in the US in 72 days, not in the world.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...-timeline.html

The numbers were are being fed don't add up to a lockdown. It just doesn't.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2020, 02:36 PM   #7087
New and Improved

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
I guess if the explanation that "these things are complex, and I trust the people who spend their entire lives studying these things over random people on the internet doing basic math with a calculator" doesn't cut it, I'm not sure there's a lot of middle ground to discuss.

Exactly
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2020, 02:37 PM   #7088

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
I mean logically its their job to look at everything like its the end of the world. I'm of the group that said **** it we've lost control and panic has set in.

But I also believe the Economic harm will vastly outweigh the harm the virus will due by the end. (At least when it comes to us)
Old 03-19-2020, 02:37 PM   #7089
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
As I suspected you didn't read all the posts leading up to the convo you butted in on and started arguing numbers that are incorrect.
I guess I missed it. I'd actually like to see the figures. I suppose I'll do a search if you won't post them.

The numbers for H1N1 are known. The ones we have for SARS-CoV-2 come from epidemiologists and other medical professionals. Sorry, but you'll forgive me if I'll side with them versus your gut.
Old 03-19-2020, 02:38 PM   #7090
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
That is irrelevant to the point he is making.
No, it isn't. At all.
Old 03-19-2020, 02:40 PM   #7091
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
1MM cases of H1N1 in the US in 72 days, not in the world.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...-timeline.html

The numbers were are being fed don't add up to a lockdown. It just doesn't.
And did we lock down during H1N1?
Old 03-19-2020, 02:40 PM   #7092
MVP

Quote:
Yes, known cases and deaths. And yes, I'm aware that the true rate won't be known until this is over, and even then, it will still be an estimated.
Considering that most of the known cases are people that have been tested because they're sick enough to be hospitalized, the fatality rate is going to be very skewed to make it appear worse than what it is.

If you look at the number of deaths from the regular flu compared to just people who have tested positive for it you would think the flu had a 10% fatality rate. Of course, we know that's not true because they're are far far more people who get the flu that don't get tested. When we look at the mortality rate for the flu, that rate is based off of the estimated cases of the flu, which is in the millions. People actually tested is only in the hundreds of thousands.

I see no reason to think that this virus is any different.
jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-19-2020, 02:42 PM   #7093
Life is changing..

Quote:
And did we lock down during H1N1?
Is it bad that I don't remember?
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2020, 02:42 PM   #7094
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Considering that most of the known cases are people that have been tested because they're sick enough to be hospitalized, the fatality rate is going to be very skewed to make it appear worse than what it is.

If you look at the number of deaths from the regular flu compared to just people who have tested positive for it you would think the flu had a 10% fatality rate. Of course, we know that's not true because they're are far far more people who get the flu that don't get tested. When we look at the mortality rate for the flu, that rate is based off of the estimated cases of the flu, which is in the millions. People actually tested is only in the hundreds of thousands.

I see no reason to think that this virus is any different.
Yes, I'm aware of all that, thanks.
Old 03-19-2020, 02:43 PM   #7095
It was not a fair catch

How are all of these famous people getting this?? Just because they are around more people?
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.