Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-28-2020, 10:11 AM  
Perpetual Mediocrity

****OFFICIAL NBA Playoffs Thread****

Have been banned from the other thread by an apparently sensitive snowflake (ironically after dozens of pages of political discussion from others) so I'll stick my thoughts on the NBA Playoffs here from now on. We needed a new thread anyway.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-20-2021, 09:51 PM   #1771
Choco Favre

Simmons is going to go cry into his 100 million dollar pillow.
New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-20-2021, 10:25 PM   #1772
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams Fan View Post
Given how long they waited on Simmons to develop and he hasn't been what everyone thought he'd be, you're probably right.

Also:

Simmons and Doc have to go.
What the **** is he supposed to say? I’m sure him and the GM haven’t talked about whether they would trade him. I can’t imagine either party thought he’d shit the bed that hard.

So doc says, “no **** that twat waffle. Can’t win with him.” And then the GM can’t dump him, so then what? You crush Doc even harder. This is why coaches never say anything.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-20-2021, 11:22 PM   #1773
CP'S "MOST HATED" 😆

When Ben first came on the scene he was a bigger hero to me than even Joel. I remember in his rookie season him leading us on a thirteen game win streak when Embiid was injured...just great times. Back then he would take three or four jumpers per game and would make many...but he was always an odd case because he would handle the ball right handed most of the time with dribbling, dunks, passes, layups, hooks etc but when it came to shooting a jumper he only shot with his left hand. He was questoned about it because he is clearly right handed and the stats backed it up but he just arrogently laughed off peoples concerns.

That year he got exposed in the playoffs by the celtics who doubled Joel and forced Ben to shoot but he couldn't and we got beat. He promised he would work on his shot and we saw videos of him in the gym draining threes and midrange shots for fun...he'd also drain them in pre-game warmups but when the games started he never shot the ball. And on the odd occasion he did try a three he'd make it and then never shoot one again for 15 games. So he went from shooting midrange jumpers in his rookie year to not shooting any jumpers at all. The playoffs came in year two and he couldn't be trusted with the ball in his hand late and Jimmy Butler took the ball handling duties which made him have to just stand in the dunker spot. We got beat by a buzzer beater from Kawhi.

Again he promised to work on his shot and even worked with Jimmy Butler's shooting coach which garnered yet more videos of him shooting from all over the gym...but once again he failed to shoot regularly once the season started and oh yes, he made the odd three then totally stopped trying them AGAIN...this time he got injured before the playoffs and disappeared.

This year his production got worse... his ppg, which was at one point 17, shrank and despite the odd 20 point game he was barely getting 10 points most of the time despite doing ok with rebounds and assists. His free throws have also been a total disaster all year too.

He was on the verge of being traded for Harden so I fully expect Morey to cut bait now and let him go. If Ben would quit being a clown and actually shoot with his right hand then maybe he could finally come good but I think his time is up in Philly. I only hope Morey gets us a star in return who can play with Joel.

And in closing Doc Rivers is the biggest choker ever as a coach in the nba...smh he should go too tbh.

Last edited by UChieffyBugger; 06-21-2021 at 01:29 PM..
UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 06-21-2021, 12:55 PM   #1774
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger View Post

He was on the verge of being traded for Harden so I fully expect Morey to cut bait now and let him go. If Ben would quit being a clown and actually shoot with his right hand then maybe he could finally come good but I think his time is up in Philly. I only hope Morey gets us a star in return who can play with Joel.

And in closing Doc Rivers is the biggest choker ever as a coach in the nba...smh he should go too tbh.
I can't imagine anyone giving up a "star" in a trade for Simmons. The dude is the exact opposite of what I want in a player in 2021 and going forward. It only takes a single incompetent GM to make it happen though.

I have no use for a PG or any wing player not only incapable of shooting, but worse, terrified of pulling the trigger. Hope he has a good money guy growing his worth as I don't expect any savvy GM to give him a large contract in the future.

Get a sports psychologist and a shooting coach that can get the ball through the hoop from outside 15 feet and maybe I am wrong. I can't see him making that happen though.
DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 01:48 PM   #1775
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRyan View Post
I can't imagine anyone giving up a "star" in a trade for Simmons. The dude is the exact opposite of what I want in a player in 2021 and going forward. It only takes a single incompetent GM to make it happen though.

I have no use for a PG or any wing player not only incapable of shooting, but worse, terrified of pulling the trigger. Hope he has a good money guy growing his worth as I don't expect any savvy GM to give him a large contract in the future.

Get a sports psychologist and a shooting coach that can get the ball through the hoop from outside 15 feet and maybe I am wrong. I can't see him making that happen though.
My stupid ****ing Timberwolves will probably trade for him. That's a classic TWolves move if I ever saw one.

My only assurance against it is the Wolves don't have any worthwhile assets to give back in return unless they were planning on breaking up the KAT and Deangelo duo they seem so keen on building around.

In which case...
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-21-2021, 02:07 PM   #1776
CP'S "MOST HATED" 😆

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRyan View Post

We have other assets we can throw into a deal too tbh. Lavine, Beal, Fox and Ingram a few names being talked about.
UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 06-21-2021, 03:38 PM   #1777
Like I woke up in Wonderland..

What is up with Philly spending two #1 overall picks on guys who got the yips? Fultz and Simmons both ended up worthless because of their shooting problems.
sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 06-21-2021, 07:33 PM   #1778
MVP

Ben Simmons and Gobert should form their own Superteam. Maybe get Westbrook to join them?
Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.
Old 06-21-2021, 08:56 PM   #1779
MVP

Hawks were smart to use Huerter as a counter to Seth Curry. Curry has made himself a scorer, but has a tough time with defending a guard that can post up against smaller guards and also shoot outside.

This NBA postseason seems mostly about having a healthy team and listening to all the commentators cry about the teams they overestimated.

The Hawks were the better team. Sixers did great to win game 6. Embiid being hurt and Scott Brooks implementing hack-a-Ben in the first round series made the difference.

Simmons is not going anywhere, he can improve. He is good enough already if he did not get psyched out.

Sixers were the #1 seed, but Hawks seem like they have been the better team since they made the coaching change.

The better healthier team has won every series. The teams that lost did not blow it. Every team that has lost, lost to a team that is better right now.
jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 06-21-2021, 11:10 PM   #1780
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudasRising20 View Post
Ben Simmons and Gobert should form their own Superteam. Maybe get Westbrook to join them?
And Chris Paul.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 06-21-2021, 11:21 PM   #1781
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic View Post
And Chris Paul.

The guy whose team is going to the NBA Finals largely because of what he accomplished with that team?
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-21-2021, 11:22 PM   #1782
DeadPunisher

So, I pull for any team with a Jayhawk player, and if each team has a Jayhawk, I pull for the team with the player I liked more. That means I really wanted Philly to win the series.

So, watching this series made me want to scream. I am so FN sick of watching Embiid sag back in the lane when anyone drives. It's not just Embiid, but every player on defense, on every team in the NBA.

Sure, there are one or two legit shot blockers in the NBA, but overall the defense is a joke. Young could basically walk a couple of steps past the free throw line, and shoot a floater or a pull up jumper, at will. Anyone can drive to the basket because defenses just step out of the way.

It makes the product unwatchable for me. I have always liked college basketball better, but I liked watching the NBA playoffs. But the lack of defense just makes it look like the players don't really care if they win or not.

I don't know why they stopped playing defense in the NBA, but it's like there isn't a single player, on any team, with an ounce of heart in their body.

ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 06-21-2021, 11:23 PM   #1783
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic View Post
So, I pull for any team with a Jayhawk player, and if each team has a Jayhawk, I pull for the team with the player I liked more. That means I really wanted Philly to win the series.

So, watching this series made me want to scream. I am so FN sick of watching Embiid sag back in the lane when anyone drives. It's not just Embiid, but every player on defense, on every team in the NBA.

Sure, there are one or two legit shot blockers in the NBA, but overall the defense is a joke. Young could basically walk a couple of steps past the free throw line, and shoot a floater or a pull up jumper, at will. Anyone can drive to the basket because defenses just step out of the way.

It makes the product unwatchable for me. I have always liked college basketball better, but I liked watching the NBA playoffs. But the lack of defense just makes it look like the players don't really care if they win or not.

I don't know why they stopped playing defense in the NBA, but it's like there isn't a single player, on any team, with an ounce of heart in their body.

Embiid is one of the best defensive players in the league. Probably top 3 in that regard. He knows what he’s doing.
Old 06-21-2021, 11:24 PM   #1784
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Connection View Post
The guy whose team is going to the NBA Finals largely because of what he accomplished with that team?
No, the player that teammates can't stand, regardless of how well he plays on the court. He isn't quite as bad as Stephon Marbury, but he is definitely in the Russell Westbrook ball park. Allegedly.

Old 06-21-2021, 11:27 PM   #1785
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Connection View Post
Embiid is one of the best defensive players in the league. Probably top 3 in that regard. He knows what he’s doing.
Ok, I get that he is one of the best in the current NBA climate, but I watched the entire series and he almost never challenged anyone driving the lane. And he quite literally took steps away from the driver, mostly Young, until he was under the basket.