Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-05-2013, 06:42 PM  
The Boom Boom Room

Chris Pratt Lands GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Lead

Chris Pratt Lands GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Lead

After countless shortlist stories and rumors concerning who would play Star-Lord in Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, the search for the lead role is finally over, and fittingly the actor is someone who never appeared on any of the aforementioned lists. Deadline reports that Chris Pratt has been tapped to play Peter Quill, aka Star-Lord, a character who was born of a human mother and alien father, and is a master strategist and combat expert who wears an ability-enhancing suit and pilots a psychically-linked ship. As Guardians features a cast of strange and cosmic characters, Quill was an important role to fill because he will likely act as the audience’s introduction to the vast, unfamiliar Guardians world. Hit the jump for more.

There were plenty of actors rumored for the role that made a lot of sense (John Krasinski, Zachary Levi, etc.), and Deadline notes that Marvel made test deals with Joel Edgerton, Jack Huston, Lee Pace, and Eddie Redmayne, but Chris Pratt actually seems like a perfect fit. His comic timing is excellent as evidenced by his work on NBC’s Parks and Recreation, and he’s shown his talent on the dramatic side with Moneyball and 2012’s Zero Dark Thirty, for which he also proved that he can beef up for a role if need-be.

Looking back on the previous shortlists and taking Pratt into consideration, it’s clear that writer/director James Gunn is planning on injecting a good amount of humor into Guardians of the Galaxy. A rumor surfaced recently that Marvel was looking at possibly tapping Jim Carrey or Adam Sandler to do voice work in the film (one of the guardians is a talking raccoon), so I’m interested to see the tone that Gunn settles on for the finished film.

With the role of Star-Lord secure, Gunn and Marvel now look to filling out the rest of the cast, which includes the powerful Drax the Destroyer, a giant tree named Groot, the aforementioned Rocket Raccoon, and the female lead Gamora. The story is also rumored to involve the villain Thanos. Expect to hear more soon as production gears up to begin later this year. Guardians of the Galaxy will be released in 3D on August 1, 2014.
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-01-2014, 03:08 PM   #271
It's a league game, Dude

[QUOTE=Aries Walker;10788530]

Spoiler!

In response to your item 3:
Spoiler!
Swanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliSwanman 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 08-01-2014, 03:53 PM   #272
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
The Avengers was ****ing horrible. This movie, will also be ****ing horrible. I mean this is a movie, starring a god damned raccoon and a talking tree. And people are loving this garbage. Are you shitting me? I'm tired of comic book movies. Too many ****ing nerds in the world these days.
Yeah, Bad Boys 6 would be hella awesome, though. AMIRIGHT?
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-01-2014, 04:26 PM   #273
Better than Nelson

Xmen was so bad that I wrote off comic book movies for awhile. Pass.
Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.
Old 08-01-2014, 04:38 PM   #274
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
Would a non-comic fan, like my wife, enjoy it?
definitely
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-01-2014, 05:05 PM   #275
Back again, again.

Yeah, it's not so much a superhero movie as it is a space opera. If she'd enjoy the Star Wars, Star Trek, or Firefly genre, she'll most likely enjoy this.
Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 08-01-2014, 05:12 PM   #276
Back again, again.

I had another thought.

Spoiler!
Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 08-01-2014, 05:21 PM   #277
oxymoron

The only thing I hated is that the stupid leaked post-credits scene was real.

The mid-credits scene was funny, though.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-01-2014, 06:32 PM   #278
Administrator

Best. Movie. Soundtrack. Ever. Seriously, better than The Big Chill soundtrack.

(It helps that I listen to those songs all the time with the exception of Cherry Bomb)

Elvin Bishop
The Five Stairsteps
10CC
Redbone

and the forgotten gem.. Eric Carmen's old band The Raspberries!!!
AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-01-2014, 07:57 PM   #279
Back again, again.

I was very happy to have them explain why a kid in 1988 was listen to 70's soft rock. It was a little thing, but it resonated with me.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:10 PM   #280
Settle this once and forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy lost the toss View Post
Xmen was so bad that I wrote off comic book movies for awhile. Pass.

Days of Future Past? That movie was ****ing awesome.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:29 PM   #281
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
Days of Future Past? That movie was ****ing awesome.
BOOM! Trolled hard!
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:30 PM   #282
In Search of a Life

I truly enjoyed this movie. Left with a big smile on my face.

I know nothing about these characters so i had no preconceived ideas about how they should act.

Only negatives was maybe a little too much exposition in parts. Characters standing around explaining CGI things and landscapes.

oh, and why does Marvel need to hire "name" actors like Brolin and Lee Pace if they are just going to cover them in a ton of makeup and have them be unrecognizable? Seems like any joblo could do that?

Surprisingly my favorite characters in this movie were Drax, the Racoon and Groot. Hell, they were all good i guess, Pratt was funny and made a nice rogue.

Funny, exciting and alot of heart. I want to spend more time with these characters.

oh....the Collector and Benicio Del Toro performance....what the F?????
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-01-2014, 10:10 PM   #283
special teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveNull View Post
So tired of the comparisons between star wars and this movie. Not all space operas are derived from star wars, people.
some are derived from firefly

yeah, I am stirring shit
and I love the comic can't wait for the movie
Psyko Tek is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Psyko Tek is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Psyko Tek is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Psyko Tek is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Psyko Tek is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Psyko Tek is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Psyko Tek is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Psyko Tek is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Psyko Tek is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Psyko Tek is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Psyko Tek is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:10 PM   #284
In Search of a Life

My audience groaned at that end hidden scene at the end. Definitely a love it or hate it character.
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-02-2014, 09:50 AM   #285
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
I truly enjoyed this movie. Left with a big smile on my face.

I know nothing about these characters so i had no preconceived ideas about how they should act.

Only negatives was maybe a little too much exposition in parts. Characters standing around explaining CGI things and landscapes.

oh, and why does Marvel need to hire "name" actors like Brolin and Lee Pace if they are just going to cover them in a ton of makeup and have them be unrecognizable? Seems like any joblo could do that?

Surprisingly my favorite characters in this movie were Drax, the Racoon and Groot. Hell, they were all good i guess, Pratt was funny and made a nice rogue.

Funny, exciting and alot of heart. I want to spend more time with these characters.

oh....the Collector and Benicio Del Toro performance....what the F?????
Benicio is in this? One of my fav actors. Was he good in it?
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.