Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-20-2019, 06:54 PM   #2
Stay down bitch!

I always admired the way you were cool with everybody on the board. I have know idea how to handle something like alcoholism but I’m rooting for you to find some peace and conquer it. I’m rooting for you.
PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 07:03 PM   #3
Gimme My Berries Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieray View Post

Be honest with yourself and try to identify the TRIGGER that pushes you back, and eventually out of control and in the same hole.
Good point.
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 06:41 PM   #4
Replaced by a future HOFer !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieray View Post
Short & Sweet

If you've been able to quit drinking for years, then quitting is not your issue.

Be honest with yourself and try to identify the TRIGGER that pushes you back, and eventually out of control and in the same hole.

Find out what that is and take THAT to God and ask for help in defeating it.

God Knows the desires of your heart. He can and will help you.

Finally, seek His favor, rather than favor of men.( though it always helps to have the support of family and friends, no doubt!)

P..S I'm VERY confident you can achieve this.

Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-20-2019, 06:51 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post
Guys,

I have to confess, I'm a huge alcoholic and always have been, I've been sober in increments of 5 years and one other time for ten years. I recently reflected on how much I have been/was consuming. I'm completely through this time. I just can't do it anymore. I'll be honest - after this last time, I'm lucky to even be here right now.

I love you guys and promise to each of you, this is the new beginning to my life and I'm completely done with drinking.

Thanks for the ear. If anyone else is struggling. Please feel free to chime in if you wish.

Thanks for being my friend you guys
You're my boy, Blue.

You have my number. Never hesitate to use it.
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-20-2019, 06:59 PM   #6
Gimme My Berries Back!

Take some extra Vitamin B complex. Alcoholics often have deficiencies in them from drinking. Better yet, get tested by a functional medicine doctor who can write a requisition for some blood work that includes a whole nutritional profile to build-up your health.

You take care SimplyRed. I understand what it's like somewhat; grandpa, an uncle and a cousin have been alcoholics.
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-20-2019, 07:00 PM   #7
Draconian Warlord

Red, Earlier this month, things just weren't right. I was tired all the time. Then I got dizzy spells. Had a few at work and they told me to go to the ER. Turns out my Blood Pressure meds were too high and a bad mix...I was dehydrated so bad I had kidney problems...and heart issues. Long story short I have 7 blockages in my arteries...40% up to the two 70% and one 75% I am too far gone to be eligible for stints. IF I don't reverse the blockage, the only way is bypass. Eating bad, smoking and drinking like a fish all contributed to this.

I haven't smoked since the 3rd, nor drank. I am on a heart healthy diet. You are making a great decision unless you want to be 58, in a hospital for 7 days and wondering if you're gonna have to have your chest opened. I am dealing with withdrawal of nicotine AND alcohol. But I sure don't want my chest cracked open.

When they asked me how much I drank, I said, "About a gallon a week." Of what they asked. "Tequila".

Let's you and me live a lot longer and fight the good fight. I am here if you want an ear. I will be going through the same things you will. Hell, I already am. But let's do it and live a lot longer!
burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Thumbs Up 8 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 07:03 PM   #8
Choco Favre

Quote:
Originally Posted by burt View Post
Red, Earlier this month, things just weren't right. I was tired all the time. Then I got dizzy spells. Had a few at work and they told me to go to the ER. Turns out my Blood Pressure meds were too high and a bad mix...I was dehydrated so bad I had kidney problems...and heart issues. Long story short I have 7 blockages in my arteries...40% up to the two 70% and one 75% I am too far gone to be eligible for stints. IF I don't reverse the blockage, the only way is bypass. Eating bad, smoking and drinking like a fish all contributed to this.

I haven't smoked since the 3rd, nor drank. I am on a heart healthy diet. You are making a great decision unless you want to be 58, in a hospital for 7 days and wondering if you're gonna have to have your chest opened. I am dealing with withdrawal of nicotine AND alcohol. But I sure don't want my chest cracked open.

When they asked me how much I drank, I said, "About a gallon a week." Of what they asked. "Tequila".

Let's you and me live a lot longer and fight the good fight. I am here if you want an ear. I will be going through the same things you will. Hell, I already am. But let's do it and live a lot longer!
Damn, prayers man.

Hope you continue to recover.
New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-20-2019, 08:08 PM   #9
union paraplegic organizer

Quote:

burt, we could be CPs poster dudes on the consequences of being an addict.

I wish you the best my friend. My circumstances made it far easier than what you and SR will have to deal with.

You both got this.
rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-20-2019, 08:30 PM   #10
best in the biz

Quote:

hang in there brother.

Get in the gym if possible.

I'm six months in and lost 15 pds.
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-20-2019, 09:12 PM   #11
Fish are scared of me

Quote:

Burt, I've been on a formula I heard will clean your arteries. My heart doctor said I'm getting a little blockage in the caratoid so I hit the internet looking for a cure. But anyway:

I take 3 lemons and skin them with a knife leaving the white skin on , 15 cloves of garlic and pulverize it like in a magic bullet. Mix it into half a gallon of water.

Heat it to where it almost boils but don't let it boil. Let it simmer 7 minutes. Take it off and let it cool to room temp then strain it into a glass container. Put in the fridge overnight.

Drink 8 oz first thing every morning on an empty stomach. Do this for 30 days take a week off and 30 days more. It might take 6 months to a year but this internet Doctor says it will. Who knows.

I asked my heart doctor about it and he just smiled and said if you think it makes you feel better go ahead.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-21-2019, 11:51 AM   #12
a haw haw haw

Quote:

Added to my prayer list brother,good luck with everything,you CAN do it!
Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-24-2019, 12:39 PM   #13
Bring it on Ahab!

Quote:

This is not a brag, but my old man is pushing 70. He still smokes damn near 2 packs a day.

For years he had this crazy ass routine EVERY DAY of my childhood. Work hard, crack a beer first thing. He'd put down 4-6 beers while dinner was being prepared (if he was grilling, he'd burn whatever he was cooking). Once dinner started, it was whiskey and water. He'd pass out between 8 and 9 PM, wake up about 2:30, make a new drink, go to bed, and then wake up at 5. At his worst he was going through a full gallon a night and was buying shit by the case weekly.

If I tried to drink what he had on his average night, I'd die. It also gave me a VERY skewed view of what an 'alcoholic' was because he was, for the most part, functional. I mean when I was 10 I just thought that's what people DID.

Anyway, I know how this condition hurts people and the people they care about. Nuthin but love SR.
WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-24-2019, 12:53 PM   #14
Draconian Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale View Post

If I tried to drink what he had on his average night, I'd die. It also gave me a VERY skewed view of what an 'alcoholic' was because he was, for the most part, functional. I mean when I was 10 I just thought that's what people DID.

Anyway, I know how this condition hurts people and the people they care about. Nuthin but love SR.
Doc's told me quit or get bypass. I'm too far progressed for stints. **** that. I don't want any one elbow deep in my chest. No Smoke, no drink, eat healthy. It's screwing with me a bit....but changing that much at once is bound to jack with me! I am committed and hope SR is. For his sake.

Oh, and **** Stewie.
burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 08-20-2019, 07:14 PM   #15
Snacks Are Under My Apron

At least nobody has Haglunds
threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote