Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-30-2021, 11:57 AM  
SuperChiefs

Attn: Lewdog

The Mrs and I are planning an rv trip through the southwest in May of next year for our 25th anniversary. Do you or any other CP members in the Phoenix area have any can't miss sights to see while we're passing through? Thanks in advance
FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-30-2021, 05:30 PM   #31
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
Moggolon Rim is a real sleeper. It looks mammoth from the sky.
Payson, Show Low, Pinetop, are the goods. And obviously Sedona.
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-30-2021, 05:35 PM   #32
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeater View Post
Lewdog is a sight to see, don't miss him!
Hes a magnetic force of a man for sure
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-30-2021, 05:43 PM   #33
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vailpass View Post
Payson, Show Low, Pinetop, are the goods. And obviously Sedona.
I think I'm going to take a day trip up there tomorrow. I got the summertime blues.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-30-2021, 05:48 PM   #34
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Moggolon Rim is a real sleeper. It looks mammoth from the sky.
Isn't that a place for Bigfoot sightings??

Yep,

Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-30-2021, 05:49 PM   #35
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
I think I'm going to take a day trip up there tomorrow. I got the summertime blues.
Do it man. Like Morrison said…

There's only four ways to get unraveled
One is to sleep and the other is travel
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-30-2021, 06:37 PM   #36
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaChief58 View Post
The Mrs and I are planning an rv trip through the southwest in May of next year for our 25th anniversary. Do you or any other CP members in the Phoenix area have any can't miss sights to see while we're passing through? Thanks in advance
How old are you both?
Health?
Arts and crafts people?
Golf or hiking?
Spa and pampered?
Budget?
Food likes?
How long in area?
Toleration to heat?

You question is so open ended
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-30-2021, 06:48 PM   #37
SuperChiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
How old are you both?
Health?
Arts and crafts people?
Golf or hiking?
Spa and pampered?
Budget?
Food likes?
How long in area?
Toleration to heat?

You question is so open ended
Both in our 50's
Fairly good health except my bad back and knees
Not opposed to checking out the arts
I play golf. I do live in Florida. Light to moderate hiking is fine.
The Mrs is into that
Decent, but I'm not trying to break the bank either
Yes
Total vacation is 2 weeks, we'll be in Arizona for 4 days, Phoenix area for a day
I live in Florida. The dry Arizona heat should be a pleasant change from our usual swamp ass

Last edited by FlaChief58; 07-30-2021 at 06:54 PM..
FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-30-2021, 06:50 PM   #38
Banned

May weather is wonderful.

For your day in the city, there is so much. Probably should check out Scottsdale. I like Tempe Mill Ave some. Rustler's Roost near me has awesome valley views and great meat. They even have a real cow out front when you walk in. It's a great spot. Downtown is probably not your thing here but's it's there with a baseball stadium and an NBA arena with a lot of entertainment around it. Every food is available. Even our Taco Bells are better because it's prepared by real Mexicans.

Last edited by eDave; 07-30-2021 at 07:59 PM..
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-30-2021, 07:05 PM   #39
SuperChiefs

Quote:
May weather is wonderful.

For your day in the city, there is so much. Probably should check out Scottsdale. I like Tempe Mill Ave some. Rustler's Roost near me has awesome valley views and great meat. They even have a real cow out front when you walk in. It's a great spot. Downtown is probably not your thing here but's it's there with a baseball stadium and an NBA arena with a lot of entertainment around it.
We may check it out, like I said, we'll only be there for the day.With all of the things we absolutely want to see, unfortunately we can't see everything.

This trip for the most part is recreating the family vacations that my wife took with her family and I with mine back in the 70's

Last edited by FlaChief58; 07-30-2021 at 07:14 PM..
Old 07-30-2021, 07:09 PM   #40
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Scottsdale didn't make the cut of cities we plan on stopping in. With all of the things we absolutely want to see, unfortunately we can't see everything.

This trip for the most part is recreating the family vacations that my wife took with her family and I with mine back in the 70's
Maybe you can find something here:

https://www.visitarizona.com/like-a-...road-route-66/
Old 07-30-2021, 07:18 PM   #41
SuperChiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by vailpass View Post
Thanks. We have the route 66 guide book and have most of the trip planned out. I was just trying to get an idea what the locals think is worthwhile.
Old 07-30-2021, 07:22 PM   #42
Would an idiot do that?

If you like good beer, there's OHSO, Fate, Ground Control, Wren House, Kings, and the list goes on.

If you want a good burger, there are about 10 places better than In N Out, including Smashburger and The Habit.

If you'll be in the Payson area, Tonto Natural Bridge State Park is a great hike in a cave/under a waterfall.

IMO, Sedona is for the extroverted money-spending tourist while Jerome is Sedona's introverted loner brother. In Sedona, you can pay for all kinds of tours and all kinds of touristy junk, go to a wine tasting or three, etc. In Jerome, you can eat lunch and try to throw a quarter 30 yards into a toilet of an abandoned jail. I naturally prefer Jerome.

That entire drive from Jerome to Flagstaff is beautiful (and if you aren't in a hurry, the long ways to places are great drives, such as Phoenix to Payson and then up towards Flagstaff). If you do hit up Jerome, Haunted Hamburger and their bacon caramel bourbon milkshake is a must.

Lava River Cave near-ish Flagstaff is really cool hike... buy a couple of head lamps.

The Petrified Forest is neat.

There's a massive hole in the northern part of the state that seems to attract a lot of people, plus slot canyons in Page that are supposedly pretty awesome (if they're open).

If you'll be in Tucson, the Mount Lemmon observatory and Kartchner Caverns are really cool... you'll get some humidity in the former and then need a coat at the peak of Mt Lemmon.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 07:25 PM   #43
SuperChiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
If you like good beer, there's OHSO, Fate, Ground Control, Wren House, Kings, and the list goes on.

If you want a good burger, there are about 10 places better than In N Out, including Smashburger and The Habit.

If you'll be in the Payson area, Tonto Natural Bridge State Park is a great hike in a cave/under a waterfall.

IMO, Sedona is for the extroverted money-spending tourist while Jerome is Sedona's introverted loner brother. In Sedona, you can pay for all kinds of tours and all kinds of touristy junk, go to a wine tasting or three, etc. In Jerome, you can eat lunch and try to throw a quarter 30 yards into a toilet of an abandoned jail. I naturally prefer Jerome.

That entire drive from Jerome to Flagstaff is beautiful (and if you aren't in a hurry, the long ways to places are great drives, such as Phoenix to Payson and then up towards Flagstaff). If you do hit up Jerome, Haunted Hamburger and their bacon caramel bourbon milkshake is a must.

Lava River Cave near-ish Flagstaff is really cool hike... buy a couple of head lamps.

The Petrified Forest is neat.

There's a massive hole in the northern part of the state that seems to attract a lot of people, plus slot canyons in Page that are supposedly pretty awesome (if they're open).

If you'll be in Tucson, the Mount Lemmon observatory and Kartchner Caverns are really cool... you'll get some humidity in the former and then need a coat at the peak of Mt Lemmon.
You had me at smash burger
Old 07-30-2021, 07:26 PM   #44
Banned

Quote:
You had me at smash burger
If you've had Smashburger and not The Habit, go for The Habit.
Old 07-30-2021, 07:33 PM   #45
SuperChiefs

Quote:
If you've had Smashburger and not The Habit, go for The Habit.
I've had neither