Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-20-2016, 03:28 PM  
Supporter

Star Wars Episode VIII SPOILERS thread

For all things Episode VIII related info including spoilers.

The release date is now December 15, 2017.

The Official Synopsis from Star Wars.com

“In Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Skywalker saga continues as the heroes of The Force Awakens join the galactic legends in an epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens in U.S. theaters on December 15, 2017.”

New footage in Japanese Trailer

Last edited by DaneMcCloud; 10-31-2017 at 02:08 PM..
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-10-2016, 04:50 PM   #331
MFIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Do you know how I know that you're over 40?
All 3 of my kids, (the youngest being 14), think the prequels are shite.
Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 07-10-2016, 05:10 PM   #332
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
And both of mine love it.

We actually watched TPM last night.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-10-2016, 05:53 PM   #333
MFIC

Quote:
And both of mine love it.

We actually watched TPM last night.
My youngest first watched when she was 4 and she liked them at the time. But she really liked "Dark" Vader.
When TFA came out we went back and re-watched all 6 movies. Here were her criticisms of the prequels:
- There was no character to root for. (protagonist)
- The characters were boring and had no personality
- The plot was too political and a lot of times didn't make any sense
- Jar Jar Binks is the most annoying character in the history of film
Sure, when she was 4 Jar Jar was hilarious. Now that her skull is fully hardened she sees what the vast majority of Star Wars fans see.

There is a way to make the films fun for little kids and still satisfy the adult audience. I think they did a good job with TFA. "Dark" Vader is what made the original series so cool to her when she was 4, not the Ewoks. Real characters and a decent plot also helped.

BTW - She was laughing at how "whiny" Luke was in ANH - I agree
Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 07-10-2016, 06:00 PM   #334
Supporter

Luke was always whiny, even back in the 70's.

If TFA had been made by any other studio than Lucasfilms, it would have sued for plagiarism.
Old 07-10-2016, 06:05 PM   #335
MFIC

Agreed on the plagiarism. That's what makes VIII so critical to the franchise. They can't copy Empire and they can't go near the prequels with a political plot unless it's a really good plot. (fingers crossed)
Old 07-10-2016, 06:09 PM   #336
I'll be back.

Quote:
If TFA had been made by any other studio than Lucasfilms, it would have sued for plagiarism.
The prequels were vastly superior.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-10-2016, 06:10 PM   #337
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellway View Post
The prequels were vastly superior.

Your and idiot.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-10-2016, 07:13 PM   #338
Unsparing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
But I bet they love Empire, don't they?
Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-10-2016, 07:14 PM   #339
Unsparing

Quote:
Luke was always whiny, even back in the 70's.

Luke whiny>>>Anakin whiny
Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-10-2016, 09:43 PM   #340
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagnabit View Post
Luke whiny>>>Anakin whiny
Truth
Old 07-11-2016, 11:20 PM   #341
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

Thank god Disney saved Star Wars from Lucas
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2016, 11:28 PM   #342
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingRed View Post
Thank god Disney saved Star Wars from Lucas
Yeah, TFA was a creative thing of beauty, original to its core.
Old 07-12-2016, 08:34 AM   #343
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

Quote:
Loved it, I know it was basically same story line. But, JJ has been very impressive with his style of directing. He really makes great compelling story telling and, his creativity with visuals is amazing.

Only thing that kinda make me laugh tho, that man loves his lens flares
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-12-2016, 02:38 PM   #344
Immanentize The Eschaton

Quote:
I viewed it as a reboot. Kind of like that first new Star Trek movie with the altered timeline. I was OK with it because I really did not like the prequels.
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-12-2016, 10:49 PM   #345
Banned

Quote:
nice subtle sarcasm lol.

It was a good flick.. but in terms of being a part of a legendary series.. expected soooo much more. Solid cast tho.
RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.