Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Hall of Classics > In Memoriam
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-04-2021, 08:10 AM  
MVP

Hello! [RIP RandallFlagg]

Hello folks here..

My name is Christopher and I am (was) RandallFlaggs son. I tried days ago to post a quick message about my Father but for some reason it wouldn't take?

My Father passed sometime between July 28th and August 30th of this year. He died attempting to help people who could not help themselves. I can't/won't go into much detail but needless to say, his family (my Mother, Sister and I) are devastated, however we know that he wouldn't have his service be any other way.

It was a private venture into another country and he was to provide logistic support for other men. Unfortunately, as they were achieving their goal of helping folks out, they faced an ambush and may Father and 2 others were killed. I have it on good authority though that he took several with him, though.

Mom talked about how much he loved engaging on this forum. She gave me his logon information and I thought I would post this quick note to inform all of his passing. Sorry, it has taken a while to commemorate Dad, but we were asked to "keep it under wraps" for a time.

Thanks to all of you who wrote to him on his time here.

Goodbye Chief!! You will be remembered forever. RIP Dad.

Christopher A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randallflagg View Post
Hello again!

I came in this afternoon from taking care of the stock to find my Mother crying her eyes out, reading these responses. In her words, These are truly great people to post these wonderful responses. They have truly made her feel better (if that is possible).

One of my Dad's best friends, a retired Colonel, who was with them on their trip has contacted my Dad's publisher and asked to do a "final chapter" in his book. They are currently working that out. As soon as it becomes available I will let you all know.

Still, I can not thank you all enough from the bottom of my heart for the kind messages that you have all posted. My Father, although "elderly" was never one to shy away from what he considered to be his duty. Mom tried to talk him out of going, but she knew it was a waste of time so, as many times in the past, she kissed him goodbye and told him "See you when you get back". Unfortunately, this was his last ride. Knowing my Father however, he would have wanted it this way.

Now, his ranch is on my shoulders to take care of and I will. Every day when I see the sun coming up, his horse stomping around in the barn, coffee on the stove, I think of him fondly.

God bless you all. Thanks again for your kind responses.

Christopher

Last edited by Bearcat; 11-05-2021 at 10:05 PM..
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-06-2021, 05:38 PM   #151
Live free or die hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishpicker View Post
RIP Randall

it seems like Randall was one of those rare combinations, a good guy and a total bad ass.

I'm looking forward to the book
This.

When the memories go into circulation please scream it loud and proud so no one that wants to read them misses the chance.

I shall do the same.
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 05:40 PM   #152
Mod Team

This is a rare kind of man. ALWAYS share his story because even with a sad ending, it's incredible.

My condolences to all who knew him.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 08:36 AM   #153
sorta mod-ish

Condolences to you and your family, Christopher. Your father seemed to be an honorable man who loved his country and backed up his talk. We should all be so lucky to have such a person in our family.

Godspeed, Randall.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-07-2021, 02:54 PM   #154
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
I kinda figured you would've gotten wind of that situation, I'm still just stupefied that he was even there to begin with... the ****ing BALLS on that old dude
Some people liked to talk shit on Randall and his views but the fact is he walked the walk not just the talk which trumps 99% of this board. You could tell he was a man of convictions.

Warrior doing Warrior shit. RIP.

I have as much respect or more for Randall as any person in this forum.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-07-2021, 03:03 PM   #155
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
Some people liked to talk shit on Randall and his views but the fact is he walked the walk not just the talk which trumps 99% of this board. You could tell he was a man of convictions.

No lie... the life he led from Vietnam, to his military intelligence experience, to his final act of supreme bravery at an advanced age is a genuine marvel, and incredible example for ALL Americans

Sure wish his son would let us know how to get that book...
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-07-2021, 05:05 PM   #156
That's just f***in' stupid

Until Valhalla, Randall...
Many of us hope one day to be worthy, but we likely shall never come close. RIP. What an absolute badass and selfless warrior.
HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 11-07-2021, 05:07 PM   #157
Elway be drinkin' again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post

The man who posted under the alias Randallflagg is a hero PERIOD. Those who spoke ill of this man are cowards. Politics be damned. God Bless you the man we knew as Randall. and Peace to his family. Christopher- Your father IS a hero and a Patriot. This country would not exist were it not FOR men like him.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 11-07-2021, 07:42 PM   #158
Starter

Dammit reading this thread makes me super proud of being an American. Thank you for your sacrifice to our country and friends, Randall.
DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.
Old 11-07-2021, 08:11 PM   #159
Line'em up

RIP. Prayers for family and friends
FRCDFED has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.FRCDFED has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.FRCDFED has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.FRCDFED has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.FRCDFED has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.FRCDFED has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.FRCDFED has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.FRCDFED has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.FRCDFED has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.FRCDFED has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.FRCDFED has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 11-07-2021, 08:20 PM   #160
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
No lie... the life he led from Vietnam, to his military intelligence experience, to his final act of supreme bravery at an advanced age is a genuine marvel, and incredible example for ALL Americans

Sure wish his son would let us know how to get that book...
Me too. I'd like some info to be able to preorder.

I'm really interested in hearing about the time he said he spent in Moscow in the 80's while the Soviet's still ruled. Life in an embassy must be much more boring than it sounds. But who knows. Maybe it is all the glitz, glamor and spy stuff like in the movies.
Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-08-2021, 11:53 AM   #161
MVP

RIP

Dayum.
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-08-2021, 09:13 PM   #162
Banned

Peace.
Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.Braincase is too fat/Omaha.
Old 11-08-2021, 10:52 PM   #163

What a badass. Thanks for being part of this community, RandallFlagg. We will miss you.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 01:01 PM   #164
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Well, that is sad and inspiring to hear all at the same time.

I'm sorry for your and your mother's loss, Christopher.

I'm happy your mother is enjoying the responses.

Your father might have left this plane of existence, but he left doing something he believed in strongly and would not have had it another way.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-10-2021, 08:27 AM   #165
When pigs fly

RIP, one of the few folks on here I genuinely enjoyed reading the comments by. We should all be so lucky to have someone like him in our lives.
tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote