Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-07-2024, 08:23 PM  
Starter

Peacock exclusive playoff game is stupid

Bad move by the league. Quit being greedy and keeping your customers from watching your product.

Surely they wont put Mahomes in that game but who knows.
treeguy27 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouttreeguy27 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouttreeguy27 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouttreeguy27 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouttreeguy27 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouttreeguy27 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouttreeguy27 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouttreeguy27 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouttreeguy27 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouttreeguy27 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouttreeguy27 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 01-08-2024, 12:00 AM   #151
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
They paid $110 million for the game. So at 5.99 per subscription they need a little over 18 million subscription payments from this to break even. They definitely won’t get 18 million individual subscriptions but I’m guessing they are counting on people forgetting to cancel or people just keeping it to make this worthwhile.
They'll make plenty off of advertising and cross promoting NBC shows. And 1 customer that stays on is worth $72 per year, and more subscribers means pumping more money into content which can help attract more subscribers. I hate hate hate it but there's a bigger game here for them.

I get why NBC is doing it. But it's bullshit for the NFL to do it.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-08-2024, 12:06 AM   #152
Starter

As always, Mars Box to the rescue! I'll be watching on KSHB 41 from the comfort of my Southern California home.
LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 01-08-2024, 12:11 AM   #153
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
I'm sure you're a nice person, but if you have any affiliation with comcast I absolutely despise you. No offense.
Universal Studios is owned by Comcast but I don't interact with them.

I worked at Fox and they were owned by...Fox. I worked at Warner Bros and they were in business with AOL and Time magazine, two defunct companies and obsolete genres. It's hard to work in a big business without being connected to something terrible.
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 01-08-2024, 12:15 AM   #154
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishels View Post
But it does for out of state people like me who pay for Sunday ticket. That’s like 450 bucks. Then you add ESPN to that equation. Oh wait you’ll also need Prime now for every Thursday game instead of fox like usual. And what if a game is on NFL network? I have to drive somewhere to watch it.

And this year you need Peacock. The pattern is more and more $ and hassle for the same product. There are tons of nfl fans not fortunate enough to live where their team is. And even if you do… tons of people such as myself love watching other games. Football season is all about watching 2-3 games a day if they are good games.

The NFL should have made one big streaming service with every game on it. Dedicated solely to NFL games and news, skits, documentaries etc. That way you’d pay a subscription and be covered.

But of course that’s not enough $$ and would be too simple and fair.
If I could pay $100 to nfl.com and watch every game, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Make it easy for me, NFL, and I'll pay. But NFL+ is the most worthless three-legged one-eyed product on the planet, and I've got better things to do with my life than constantly buying and canceling subscriptions to the 150 streaming services that the stupid NFL is ultimately aiming for. I'm not going to do illegal stuff with scammers to get the games, either, though I think their cause is half noble.

I think my era of watching NFL football is coming to an end soon. The sport is declining and the business of the NFL is not worth my time and money. Patrick Mahomes II is the only reason I'm still trying to watch the games at all.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 9 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 12:15 AM   #155
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimo View Post
Universal Studios is owned by Comcast but I don't interact with them.

I worked at Fox and they were owned by...Fox. I worked at Warner Bros and they were in business with AOL and Time magazine, two defunct companies and obsolete genres. It's hard to work in a big business without being connected to something terrible.
Okay, but I'd better not hear of you even going into their company cafeteria if you want to remain friends with me.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-08-2024, 12:16 AM   #156
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Okay, but I'd better not hear of you even going into their company cafeteria if you want to remain friends with me.
I understand. If I get a bagel in their building you're free to hate me more than terrorists.
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 12:19 AM   #157
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 View Post
I hope Collinsworth gets frostbite during the broadcast
I don't understand why that pedo guy still has a job
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-08-2024, 02:12 AM   #158
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by In58men View Post
I’m on a cruise right now Oasis of the Sea and now I’m not sure I’ll be able to watch it next Saturday.
NO COOKING IN YOUR ROOM!
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-08-2024, 02:35 AM   #159
For The Glory Of The City

Quote:
I’m on a cruise right now Oasis of the Sea and now I’m not sure I’ll be able to watch it next Saturday.
You will. It will be on. I watched our first regular season game on a trip through Alaska. A lot of times the rights are different because you are often in international waters.
|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-08-2024, 04:54 AM   #160
Supporter

Quote:
Does it have a stop in Belize? You should be able to watch it there, but I would check with Skygod or whatever his name is now.

The reason I am not happy with the Peacock issue is our antenna reception is incredible, much better than DTV, Dish or any of the streaming services.
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-08-2024, 05:01 AM   #161
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Just go to a sports bar....
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 01-08-2024, 05:07 AM   #162
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
It sucks, but it's just the way the ****ing twisted greedy shitty world we live in rolls. I'll buy it for a month, watch the game, check out what else they have to offer and probably cancel it. I ditched CrappleTV recently, and will probably dump Disney soon. On the fence with Netflix.
This is where I am at, we recently cut the Satellite cord after 25 years of it and much prefer our reception/picture quality on antenna to any of the streaming options. htismaqe recommended the fire tv recast box and it is aces. Of course we have Netflix, Max and Prime, but adding another longterm is just bullshit.
Yesterday, I watched the game as I recorded it on the recast box, thus I was able to pause it, take a pee break or whatever and then zoom past commercials just like on satellite.
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 06:29 AM   #163
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
This is why we need a rolling roof. You couldn't pay me to go to a game in that shit.
good thing we are playing miami, other wise I can hear Tomlin bitching about the weather already.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-08-2024, 06:39 AM   #164
In Search of a Life

I can easily afford Peacock especially knowing I'll cancel. And I can afford to go to a sports bar. I'll go to a sports bar to watch it purely out of principle. This is a ****ing diabolical money grab by the NFL that puts $ over ratings at the expense of the average fan.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-08-2024, 06:56 AM   #165
MVP

Going to a sports bar to subsidize their cost to show the game just so you can save $6 is peak boomer energy.
WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote