Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-23-2024, 01:32 PM   #2
GDT Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosbonian View Post
Are you saying wait until age 70 to start taking Social Security?

Because waiting until age 70 isn't always the best course for everyone.

Uf you think you will live to age 90...waiting is right. But if your lifetime left isn't that long that extra 3 year wait may not be right for you.
Generally speaking, yes. If you need the money or don’t have longevity on your side, no.
493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-23-2024, 02:03 PM   #3
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:

If you think you will live to age 90...waiting is right. But if your lifetime left isn't that long that extra 3 year wait may not be right for you.
It very-much is a balance of a number of factors for each individual. Even if you're planning to live to 90 or 95, if your passion is one where 70 or 72 is about as long as you can do it, you might as well add it to your slush fund while you're not sitting around eating pudding. I'm not even 60 yet but I'm very-much thinking about taking what I can get at 62 and letting it fund a trip each month for as long as I can keep doing my thing. After that I'll be one of those people riding a golf cart and waiting to die one organ at a time, prolly starting with the liver.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2024, 07:29 PM   #4
In Search of a Life

Quote:

If you think you will live to age 90...waiting is right. But if your lifetime left isn't that long that extra 3 year wait may not be right for you.
My financial advisor and I talked about this. General gist of it (for men) is to cash out by 67.

Hardly makes sense to wait till 70.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 07:33 PM   #5
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
My financial advisor and I talked about this. General gist of it (for men) is to cash out by 67.

Hardly makes sense to wait till 70.
Yep...I sometimes chuckle at the people who push to get people to wait to 70.
Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 03-23-2024, 07:36 PM   #6
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Yep...I sometimes chuckle at the people who push to get people to wait to 70.
It's nuts. At some point in your life, money just isn't the most important thing anymore.

I just hope to retire some day and hope this emerging mindset on how we should enjoy working and should work until we die is not a thing that becomes popular.

I've got about 30 years to go so yeah I am pretty nervous about it.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-23-2024, 07:49 PM   #7
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
It's nuts. At some point in your life, money just isn't the most important thing anymore.

I just hope to retire some day and hope this emerging mindset on how we should enjoy working and should work until we die is not a thing that becomes popular.

I've got about 30 years to go so yeah I am pretty nervous about it.
I used to be of the mindset to work till I couldn't anymore. But watching some of my friends and peers not even make it to 62 before dying changed my perspective.

You should always give your best effort at work...but working till it kills you is never an option.
Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 08:53 PM   #8
Supporter

Congrats my man. That is the goal.

I don't have any great advice, other than take care of yourself. That's a holistic statement. Mentally, physically, emotionally, financially.

Both of my grandpas worried about money shitload after they retired because they both said after a certain point they can't go earn any more.

Both of them ended up in the rest home and needed a fair bit to sustain them.

Interestingly, my paternal grandpa was in and died in 08 (pre-Obamacare) and the cost was like 2500 a month. My maternal grandpa is in now and it's 10K a month. NO financial professional expected that back in 08. So make sure you are prepared for some unexpected shit. If you're 65 (ish) now there is a pretty good probability either you or your wife has 30 years yet, so it is important to have quite a bit more than you need right now.

My advice is to educate yourself. I have no problem seeking the advice of a professional, but double check everything and look up as much information as possible.

I'd also recommend not putting off any procedures any longer than necessary. My dad has had several procedures (mostly orthopedic related) and I've noticed he doesn't bounce back as quick as he used to. Life comes at you fast.

Enjoy it. Your position now is why I do what I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
I'd go crazy if I retired.

We will see in 10 years if I feel the same way.

Enjoy it, man. My father retired years ago and he's handling it great. Has a lot of hobbies, keeps occupied. My mother, not so much.
**** your stupid face. I'd retire today if I could ensure financial security. I'd pay real money to take a step away from the grindstone.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 10:26 PM   #9
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Congrats my man. That is the goal.

I don't have any great advice, other than take care of yourself. That's a holistic statement. Mentally, physically, emotionally, financially.

Interestingly, my paternal grandpa was in and died in 08 (pre-Obamacare) and the cost was like 2500 a month. My maternal grandpa is in now and it's 10K a month. NO financial professional expected that back in 08. So make sure you are prepared for some unexpected shit. If you're 65 (ish) now there is a pretty good probability either you or your wife has 30 years yet, so it is important to have quite a bit more than you need right now.
Without going into greater detail I am comfortable in saying that I do not have 30 years left...if I live to 80 I will consider it a great victory.

But I have planned for my wife for beyond my passing.