Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-18-2018, 07:49 PM   #2
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosef_Malkovitch View Post
How long has the fence been there? Adverse possession takes a long time. I believe it's 15 years in KS.

http://rvpolicy.kdor.ks.gov/Pilots/N...a?OpenDocument
I'm not sure a court would consider this a squatting case or not. I have my doubts.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-18-2018, 07:58 PM   #3
Shaken. Not stirred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
I'm not sure a court would consider this a squatting case or not. I have my doubts.
Agreed. Whatever it is called, my general understanding of the subject regarding property lines, is that once a line is established it just shifts to the other owner after a certain number of years. The fence was in before we moved in 14 years ago.
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-18-2018, 08:05 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
Agreed. Whatever it is called, my general understanding of the subject regarding property lines, is that once a line is established it just shifts to the other owner after a certain number of years. The fence was in before we moved in 14 years ago.

When we moved into our house (brand new) - the proximity to the other neighbors house was about 12 feet (more or less). I decided to put up a vinyl fence in our back yard. I hired a survey company to come out and determine the EXACT property lines. They did and we put up the fence.

The neighbors were livid. They were CERTAIN that we had violated their property line so they brought out their own surveyors. Unfortunately, they were not happy. The problem was that where our fence started - left them about 2 feet to attempt to manuever a law mower through.

So, they had to go on the other side of their house to get through.

Point? Bring out a surveyor and let HIM determine (legally) where the property line is.
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 08:11 PM   #5
Shaken. Not stirred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randallflagg View Post
When we moved into our house (brand new) - the proximity to the other neighbors house was about 12 feet (more or less). I decided to put up a vinyl fence in our back yard. I hired a survey company to come out and determine the EXACT property lines. They did and we put up the fence.

The neighbors were livid. They were CERTAIN that we had violated their property line so they brought out their own surveyors. Unfortunately, they were not happy. The problem was that where our fence started - left them about 2 feet to attempt to manuever a law mower through.

So, they had to go on the other side of their house to get through.

Point? Bring out a surveyor and let HIM determine (legally) where the property line is.
We know where it is because it was surveyed before we purchased. Plus our gas meter is in their yard. Well one of the yards. I not looking to get legal, rather just to figure out how to deal with the situation civilly.
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-18-2018, 08:14 PM   #6
Broncos' Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote:
We know where it is because it was surveyed before we purchased. Plus our gas meter is in their yard. Well one of the yards. I not looking to get legal, rather just to figure out how to deal with the situation civilly.
You're out of luck. You bought the property knowing the fence was not on the property line. I'm sorry, but you are kind of screwed, and your neighbors know it.
Tombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 05-18-2018, 11:05 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:

There is no way that it will remain "civil" that much is for sure. As I said in my post - we bought into a brand new neighborhood in Olathe, KS. It pissed the neighbors off to high heaven because rather than the line being "split down the middle - we actually had a couple of feet more than they thought.

That's why when we put the fence up - they were sure that we had gone too far on "their side". The fence company actually went 3 inches INSIDE our boundary in order to NOT overlap onto their property.

The best way (I believe) to possibly rectify this situation is to have your property surveyed and then approach the neighbors in a "friendly" manner and say "Hey! Were you guys aware that your fence is actually on MY property" - keep it friendly (or as friendly as possible) and see if they might not want an equitable solution to the "problem" Which - you might offer to "forget about it" if they would cut their bushes (weeds) back across the fence..

Who knows? Might work....and then again..... Which might inevitably end up with
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 01:23 PM   #8
Scarlett Johansson's boytoy

Quote:

the clock restarted when you moved in. If you have maintained or mowed it even once that resets the cvlock.
mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.
Old 06-07-2018, 11:55 PM   #9
Shaken. Not stirred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. View Post
the clock restarted when you moved in. If you have maintained or mowed it even once that resets the cvlock.
So basically I'm resetting the clock every summer.
Old 06-08-2018, 08:30 AM   #10
Scarlett Johansson's boytoy

Quote:
So basically I'm resetting the clock every summer.

yes. Adverse possession only comes into play if your neighbor openly takens active possession and you obviously relinquish your claim by allowing it and not taking any steps to assert your ownership (like maintaining it).
mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.
Old 11-21-2019, 09:32 AM
Loneiguana
This message has been deleted by Loneiguana. Reason: outdated