Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-27-2020, 02:08 PM   #40846
In Search of a Life

It’s important to have this all down guys but

Antibodies don’t “wear off”. Neutralizing antibodies may wane but you’ve got memory B cells to ramp back up production. I really wouldn’t be overly concerned with it.

Then you’ve got cd8 and cd4 T cells and all that jazz that I knew at one time but am way to lazy to look up again.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2020, 02:09 PM   #40847
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
Our local hospital chain today announced they are offering free antibody testing for anyone who wants it. I have so many questions about the antibody test. Are they at a point where they can measure T cells and B cells?
Measuring T cells is a real bitch iirc. It can be done but honestly I have no recollection of how
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2020, 02:11 PM   #40848
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Measuring T cells is a real bitch iirc. It can be done but honestly I have no recollection of how
I don't think there is a test for that right now. And some people are saying that for everyone that has antibodies, 3 people could have T-Cell resistance without antibodies.

Alex Berenson
@AlexBerenson

Florida again: People over 85 (not 75, 85) make up 1 in 3 of #COVID deaths statewide - 5x as many deaths as everyone under 55.

Put another way: if you are over 85, you have a 1 in 300 chance of dying of #COVID in Florida in the last five months.

Under 55? 1 in 33,000.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 07-27-2020, 02:23 PM   #40849
Beyond the Rapids

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
I understand that the antibodies wear off, but that's why I ask about the B and T cells. Those in theory would be the protection from being reinfected. (I think I'm understanding that correctly)
My understanding is that the serology labs can produce some false positives, but negatives are reliable.
Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2020, 02:30 PM   #40850
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
Not sure why you went there with the contact tracing. This is about people that were exposed. I am on my phone so I can't do like you did but when I get home I will send a link to the article on that website that I am referencing.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
You only quarantine "close contacts", not people who had some general exposure to someone. Non close contacts are not actually considered exposures by the CDC or obviously Arkansas.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2020, 02:37 PM   #40851
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
My understanding is that the serology labs can produce some false positives, but negatives are reliable.
Yes serology labs can produce false positives and very rarely produce a false negative and PCR testing can produce false negatives and very rarely produce false positives.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-27-2020, 02:37 PM   #40852
"Think BOOM!"

Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2020, 03:14 PM   #40853
I got Rice cookin in the micro

is Hamas dead?
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2020, 04:15 PM   #40854
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
You only quarantine "close contacts", not people who had some general exposure to someone. Non close contacts are not actually considered exposures by the CDC or obviously Arkansas.
https://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/ima...vid_notice.pdf

ADH requires a person exposed to COVID-19 to complete a 14-day quarantine period, even though they may have a negative test result during the quarantine period.Quarantine of persons known to be exposed to someone with COVID-19 is a key strategy to stopping the spread of the illness.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...uarantine.html

Quarantine is used to keep someone who might have been exposed to COVID-19 away from others. Quarantine helps prevent spread of disease that can occur before a person knows they are sick or if they are infected with the virus without feeling symptoms. People in quarantine should stay home, separate themselves from others, monitor their health, and follow directions from their state or local health department.
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 07-27-2020, 04:25 PM   #40855
Cheat Death

Seems the nuance is in the definition of exposure which by cdc guidelines in <6' for >15 minutes.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...endations.html

** Data to inform the definition of close contact are limited. Factors to consider when defining close contact include proximity, the duration of exposure (e.g., longer exposure time likely increases exposure risk), and whether the exposure was to a person with symptoms (e.g., coughing likely increases exposure risk). While research indicates cloth face coverings may help those who are infected from spreading the infection, there is less information regarding whether cloth face coverings offer any protection for a contact exposed to a symptomatic or asymptomatic patient. Therefore, the determination of close contact should be made irrespective of whether the person with COVID-19 or the contact was wearing a cloth face covering. Because the general public has not received training on proper selection and use of respiratory PPE, it cannot be certain whether respiratory PPE worn during contact with an individual with COVID-19 infection protected them from exposure. Therefore, as a conservative approach, the determination of close contact should generally be made irrespective of whether the contact was wearing respiratory PPE, which is recommended for health care personnel and other trained users, or a cloth face covering recommended for the general public.

***Data are insufficient to precisely define the duration of time that constitutes a prolonged exposure. Recommendations vary on the length of time of exposure, but 15 minutes of close exposure can be used as an operational definition. Brief interactions are less likely to result in transmission; however, symptoms and the type of interaction (e.g., did the infected person cough directly into the face of the exposed individual) remain important.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2020, 05:28 PM   #40856
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
Seems the nuance is in the definition of exposure which by cdc guidelines in <6' for >15 minutes.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...endations.html

** Data to inform the definition of close contact are limited. Factors to consider when defining close contact include proximity, the duration of exposure (e.g., longer exposure time likely increases exposure risk), and whether the exposure was to a person with symptoms (e.g., coughing likely increases exposure risk). While research indicates cloth face coverings may help those who are infected from spreading the infection, there is less information regarding whether cloth face coverings offer any protection for a contact exposed to a symptomatic or asymptomatic patient. Therefore, the determination of close contact should be made irrespective of whether the person with COVID-19 or the contact was wearing a cloth face covering. Because the general public has not received training on proper selection and use of respiratory PPE, it cannot be certain whether respiratory PPE worn during contact with an individual with COVID-19 infection protected them from exposure. Therefore, as a conservative approach, the determination of close contact should generally be made irrespective of whether the contact was wearing respiratory PPE, which is recommended for health care personnel and other trained users, or a cloth face covering recommended for the general public.

***Data are insufficient to precisely define the duration of time that constitutes a prolonged exposure. Recommendations vary on the length of time of exposure, but 15 minutes of close exposure can be used as an operational definition. Brief interactions are less likely to result in transmission; however, symptoms and the type of interaction (e.g., did the infected person cough directly into the face of the exposed individual) remain important.
What about the micro droplets that stay in the air for hours?
What about the fact that this very piece of information states that their dats is insufficient?
What about since they did this "update" and changed those criteria cases have ballooned?
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 07-27-2020, 05:38 PM   #40857
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
I don't think there is a test for that right now. And some people are saying that for everyone that has antibodies, 3 people could have T-Cell resistance without antibodies.

Alex Berenson
@AlexBerenson

Florida again: People over 85 (not 75, 85) make up 1 in 3 of #COVID deaths statewide - 5x as many deaths as everyone under 55.

Put another way: if you are over 85, you have a 1 in 300 chance of dying of #COVID in Florida in the last five months.

Under 55? 1 in 33,000.
Heres what i dong get. I was looking up a baseline for this and dying in a car crash is about 1 in 103. But the number of deaths in Florida in 2017 was 3,116. Currently there have been 5,933 deaths in Florida.

Since there are such greater odds to die in car crashes why are there more total deaths with covid?
Chitownchiefsfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chitownchiefsfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chitownchiefsfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chitownchiefsfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chitownchiefsfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chitownchiefsfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chitownchiefsfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chitownchiefsfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chitownchiefsfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chitownchiefsfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chitownchiefsfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 07-27-2020, 05:44 PM   #40858
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitownchiefsfan View Post
Heres what i dong get. I was looking up a baseline for this and dying in a car crash is about 1 in 103. But the number of deaths in Florida in 2017 was 3,116. Currently there have been 5,933 deaths in Florida.

Since there are such greater odds to die in car crashes why are there more total deaths with covid?
I'm assuming that your 1 in 103 stat is among people who are in crashes. There's no way it would be that high among the general population.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2020, 06:12 PM   #40859
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
So the new cdc study saying you’re only infectious about 5 days after showing symptoms. Did I read that right?
Do you have a link to this? I browsed around a bit and didn't see anything.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2020, 06:14 PM   #40860
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
It could let you Know if you’ve recent had the virus and either didn’t know it, or produced a false negative on a swab test. I still think it’s good to do if it’s free.
I'm going to sign up. I expect I'll be negative, but you never know.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.