Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2020, 07:59 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Chris Jones threatens to Hold Out

Well shit.

UPDATE 7/12/20: Things are looking good!

UPDATE 7/14: Looks Done!

Last edited by Dante84; 07-14-2020 at 11:28 AM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-08-2020, 11:51 AM   #331
The 23rd Pillar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
Yeah, as PAChiefs has pointed out, he seems to want a massive Frank Clark like deal, which I (and the FO) isn't interested in at all. But, if his market completely evaporates and his only choice is a one year "prove it" deal, I wonder if he'd be interested in joining Patrick Mahomes' Chiefs team and a loaded defensive line (where, unlike Seattle, he won't be the recipient of the highest % of double teams in the NFL) to rebuild his value for a deal next year.

If it's not a one year deal, I'm not interested for the reasons others have pointed out.

But, a Clark/Pennel/Jones/Pissed Off Clowney line?

This defense starts to look like a Top 10 D complete with an offense no one can shut down in the NFL. It's fun to think about, at least.
That makes sense to me. He’s probably fine in contract years.
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-08-2020, 12:01 PM   #332
C Chiefs once a year!

KC could use some cheaper talent in years to come. Wouldn't it be wise to trade him for a few high draft picks? Especially from a team that might draft hi.

I get the team is loaded for another SB run but this year is kind of off with the COVID thing.
Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.

Old 07-08-2020, 12:07 PM   #333
MVP

That would be great if anyone actually made an offer that was fair.

If we can't get a first and second for Jones I think it is in the Chiefs' best interest to sign him.

I have always thought they would trade him but after the draft it became obvious nobody wants to pay what he's worth.
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.

Old 07-08-2020, 12:16 PM   #334
Politically Incorrect

Chris Jones will look like the smaller person if he keeps bitching and threatening.

He deserves to be paid but we have had issues paying huge salaries an watch guys suddenly loaf like bread.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-08-2020, 12:31 PM   #335
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
Yeah, as PAChiefs has pointed out, he seems to want a massive Frank Clark like deal, which I (and the FO) isn't interested in at all. But, if his market completely evaporates and his only choice is a one year "prove it" deal, I wonder if he'd be interested in joining Patrick Mahomes' Chiefs team and a loaded defensive line (where, unlike Seattle, he won't be the recipient of the highest % of double teams in the NFL) to rebuild his value for a deal next year.

If it's not a one year deal, I'm not interested for the reasons others have pointed out.

But, a Clark/Pennel/Jones/Pissed Off Clowney line?

This defense starts to look like a Top 10 D complete with an offense no one can shut down in the NFL. It's fun to think about, at least.
As usual, we're in lockstep.

The whole Clowney scenario is predicated on 1) freeing up enough cap room; 2) his offers continuing to evaporate or be lowball (in his mind) offers, to the point that he says screw it, I'm going to go prove the haters wrong and get the big bag, rather than the biggest bag I can get right now.

1 year, $18M from Seattle (where he will get doubles on every single passing down)

or

1 year, $10M from Kansas City, with heavy incentives ($1.5 million incentive if they win the SB, $1.5 million incentive if he has 15 sacks, $500k if he makes the Pro Bowl, $3M if he's defensive player of the year, etc).

That's a scenario I can try to sell if I'm the GM. I can tell him if he stays healthy and plays his butt off, he'll get a SB ring, rack up a bunch of sacks, and position himself better for the huge deal he's seeking.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1    
Old 07-08-2020, 12:41 PM   #336
C Chiefs once a year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi View Post
That would be great if anyone actually made an offer that was fair.

If we can't get a first and second for Jones I think it is in the Chiefs' best interest to sign him.

I have always thought they would trade him but after the draft it became obvious nobody wants to pay what he's worth.
Seems trading Jones would help the franchise overall. But if their are no suitors. Seems taking a few 2nd or 3rd round pics would be beneficial in the long run.

Guess the Chiefs can be the cap masters like the 80's 9ers and 90's Broncos.
Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.

Old 07-08-2020, 01:07 PM   #337
Starter

Trade him to the jets for their safety adams , when honeybadgers contract is up you have his replacement
bobhill is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.bobhill is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.bobhill is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.bobhill is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.bobhill is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.bobhill is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.bobhill is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1    
Old 07-08-2020, 01:55 PM   #338
Andy Reid Supporter

Remember 3 months ago when I was posting the rumors that the Chiefs could take an OT in rd 1? I remember hearing that from 3 different media places including Nate Taylor who I trust.

Well...they decided to take Niang who has almost everything you want. That guy was a potential first rd pick who was pushed down bc of a very strong class and an injury.

Eric Fisher has been a solid LT. I think we all appreciate him after last year. However, he is not a core player. If I have to decide to keep Fisher or Jones, I’m keeping Jones.

This seems to have been planned long ago. I could see us getting Niang ready to take over in 2021 and trading him for a high draft pick (2nd?) while creating $11.5 million to pay Jones.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-08-2020, 02:02 PM   #339
The talking stonehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Remember 3 months ago when I was posting the rumors that the Chiefs could take an OT in rd 1? I remember hearing that from 3 different media places including Nate Taylor who I trust.

Well...they decided to take Niang who has almost everything you want. That guy was a potential first rd pick who was pushed down bc of a very strong class and an injury.

Eric Fisher has been a solid LT. I think we all appreciate him after last year. However, he is not a core player. If I have to decide to keep Fisher or Jones, I’m keeping Jones.

This seems to have been planned long ago. I could see us getting Niang ready to take over in 2021 and trading him for a high draft pick (2nd?) while creating $11.5 million to pay Jones.
You don’t get rid of Fisher until you have an actual proven replacement for him. Taking a chance on a LT is the last thing this team needs to do when he is the biggest piece to keeping our half billion dollar QB protected
POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 6 Thumbs Down 0    
Old 07-08-2020, 02:05 PM   #340
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
It will never cease to amaze me how people can have the world's knowledge in their literal fingertips but refuse to use it.
Everything I learned about life I learned from Chiefs Planet...

...heh. Yes, I googled it. Still don't know what he meant in the context of the tweet. But...as previously stated, I'm old I guess.
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-08-2020, 02:06 PM   #341
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven View Post
Everything I learned about life I learned from Chiefs Planet...

...heh. Yes, I googled it. Still don't know what he meant in the context of the tweet. But...as previously stated, I'm old I guess.
It means "Let go of things that don't apply to your life".
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0    
Old 07-08-2020, 02:35 PM   #342
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobhill View Post
Trade him to the jets for their safety adams , when honeybadgers contract is up you have his replacement
They don't play the same position. Yes I know they're safeties but still.
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.

Old 07-08-2020, 03:22 PM   #343
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi View Post
They don't play the same position. Yes I know they're safeties but still.
just trying to think of cheaper options if c. jones wants to be a tool
bobhill is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.bobhill is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.bobhill is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.bobhill is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.bobhill is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.bobhill is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.bobhill is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1    
Old 07-09-2020, 12:11 AM   #344
In Search of a Life

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.

Old 07-09-2020, 12:16 AM   #345
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! View Post
Yeah, I'm sure people will be rushing over after his threats of holding out...
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Closed Thread