Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-23-2020, 11:15 AM  
'Tis my eye!

Patrick Mahomes is now the overwhelming NFL MVP favorite

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...yIbOTl70ncM4Zs

NFL odds: After Sunday night, Patrick Mahomes is now the overwhelming NFL MVP favorite

Frank Schwab 2 hrs ago

We can cease and desist with any debate about someone other than Patrick Mahomes being the NFL MVP favorite.

You’ll hear people argue that Kyler Murray, Russell Wilson, Alvin Kamara or anyone else should be “in the conversation,” but the only real talk is that the Kansas City Chiefs quarterback is the overwhelming favorite until further notice. Everyone else is vying for NFL offensive player of the year, though Mahomes should probably win that too.

Sunday night’s heroics, leading a game-winning drive over the Las Vegas Raiders everyone knew was coming, solidified Mahomes’ position. He’s the best player in football and he’s having a phenomenal year.

The odds at BetMGM reflect that.

Mahomes is -118 to win MVP at BetMGM. Next on the list is Wilson at +350. Aaron Rodgers is +550 and nobody else is less than 12-to-1.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-04-2020, 10:45 AM   #241
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777 View Post
I don't remember any goalline defenses, what I remember is the lack of heavy boxes for most of the first half.

The Titans had the same team, Tannehill took over midseason.

What coaches say in press conferences doesn't mean much of anything tbh. It's not even worth paying attention to.

They definitely lined up in goal line in a couple super ballsy situations. Like with the Titans on their own 40 or something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 12-04-2020, 11:04 AM   #242
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Somehow CIN got up 17-7 on TEN in the first half. TEN was forced to throw more, so less Henry. Though as soon as they scored again and made it a one score game (judging this from the boxscore), it looks like the ball went back to Henry.

Anyone else notice that when Tannehill throws more than 30 times, TEN tends to lose more? Or that his numbers are very Alex Smith like? Less than 30 attempts, around 200-230 yds, about 60-65% completions, 1 or 2 TDs and an INT per game? Meanwhile Henry carries 25-35 times for 150+.

When Tannehill goes over 35 attempts, he might go aver 300, but mostly not, and he still usually gets a TD or 2, but his turnovers go up. The big difference is that Henry's carries go down significantly to 20 or less and TEN loses most of those games.
I was reading an article, I think on nfl.com yesterday, that I can't seem to find now. I was comparing games in which Pat throws >40 times per game (generally bad news as the teams tend to be losing when throwing that much) to the rest of the league. The sample size they were using had the field somewhere in the neighborhood of 50-150 win loss record and a massive TD:INT deficiency while Pat had a 3:1 or better (if memory serves) win loss record and a huge TD:INT positive ratio.

I have to expect the article was linked somewhere here but it is a pretty massive difference. Damn it is great having the best football player on the planet!

Edit: Found the link. The stats are about half way down the article.
https://www.nfl.com/news/qb-index-we...t-of-top-three
DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 11:05 AM   #243
I’m a Mahomo!

KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-04-2020, 11:13 AM   #244
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRyan View Post
I was reading an article, I think on nfl.com yesterday, that I can't seem to find now. I was comparing games in which Pat throws >40 times per game (generally bad news as the teams tend to be losing when throwing that much) to the rest of the league. The sample size they were using had the field somewhere in the neighborhood of 50-150 win loss record and a massive TD:INT deficiency while Pat had a 3:1 or better (if memory serves) win loss record and a huge TD:INT positive ratio.

I have to expect the article was linked somewhere here but it is a pretty massive difference. Damn it is great having the best football player on the planet!

Edit: Found the link. The stats are about half way down the article.
https://www.nfl.com/news/qb-index-we...t-of-top-three
The highest passing totals are usually generated when a team is forced to play catch up after falling behind. So high passing totals are usually the RESULT of losing rather than losing being the result of high passing totals. Most teams don't throw the ball 50 times a game but you're going to see this change over the next few years.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-04-2020, 11:17 AM   #245
I’m a Mahomo!

KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-04-2020, 11:22 AM   #246
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-04-2020, 11:24 AM   #247
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
The highest passing totals are usually generated when a team is forced to play catch up after falling behind. So high passing totals are usually the RESULT of losing rather than losing being the result of high passing totals. Most teams don't throw the ball 50 times a game but you're going to see this change over the next few years.
That is obvious. Which in turn leads to more turnovers when being one dimensional. It is just another in the long line of articles about Mahomes changing the game, paradigm shifting what teams are doing. That said, look what happens to the rest of the league on stats in that article when they throw over 40x a game.
DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 12-04-2020, 11:24 AM   #248
I’m a Mahomo!

Old 12-04-2020, 11:30 AM   #249
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KChiefs1 View Post
Pretty good stuff...

Bhanpuri: For nearly every NFL QB, there's a tipping point when the number of attempts triggers a decline in production. The story has always been that the higher the pass count -- and overall pass-run imbalance -- the more likely something has gone (terribly) wrong for the quarterback (more pressure, hits, turnovers) and the team's overall game plan (run game is failing, defense is struggling, team is losing). And then Patrick Mahomes arrived on set, and, as he does, completely rewrote the script. His production over the past two seasons when throwing 40 or more passes in a game, as he did in Sunday's dismantling of the Bucs' pass defense, is totally absurd:

Patrick Mahomes: 9-2 record (.818) | 67.1% | 373.8 ypg | 8.4 ypa | 30 TD passes | 5 giveaways | 110.9 rating

All other QBs: 59-156-4 (.279) | 63.8% | 312 ypg | 6.9 ypa | 376 TDs | 306 giveaways | 87.0 rating
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 03:52 PM   #250
I’m a Mahomo!

Old 12-11-2020, 03:55 PM   #251
In Search of a Life

Obviously mahomes is my mvp pick but it's hard to make a case against Rodgers either. Don't know how Russell can even be in the running at this point except out of sympathy.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2020, 04:03 PM   #252
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
Obviously mahomes is my mvp pick but it's hard to make a case against Rodgers either. Don't know how Russell can even be in the running at this point except out of sympathy.
Rodgers will have fewer wins and yards with more interceptions than Mahomes.
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2020, 04:11 PM   #253
Fish are scared of me

I'm surprised Ben Nieman isn't in the conversation! Just sad.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 06:17 PM   #254
Pritay Pritay Pritay Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcan View Post
Rodgers will have fewer wins and yards with more interceptions than Mahomes.
Like the Collinsworth video suggests, the argument that Rodgers has less talent around him seems to be gaining steam. It's all about the narrative and they'll use "less talent" to negate fewer yards and only 2 more picks. Especially with Rodgers throwing around 50 fewer passes and having more TDs.

Unless Rodgers turns in a stinker, Mahomes may need to ball out, get 5000 yards or take the TD lead, and make sure they stay at one loss. If it stays reasonably close I think they'll give it to Rogers at this point.
BigRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.BigRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.BigRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.BigRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.BigRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.BigRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.BigRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.BigRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.BigRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.BigRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.BigRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 12-11-2020, 08:53 PM   #255
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRock View Post
Like the Collinsworth video suggests, the argument that Rodgers has less talent around him seems to be gaining steam. It's all about the narrative and they'll use "less talent" to negate fewer yards and only 2 more picks. Especially with Rodgers throwing around 50 fewer passes and having more TDs.

Unless Rodgers turns in a stinker, Mahomes may need to ball out, get 5000 yards or take the TD lead, and make sure they stay at one loss. If it stays reasonably close I think they'll give it to Rogers at this point.
Rodgers has a much better oline than Patrick has.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.