Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2015, 03:48 PM  
Has a particular set of skills

What are you Smoking/Grilling/BBQ'ing this weekend?

What are you up to this weekend?

I finally gave up on my smoker and decided to get a new smoker. I went with a bigger model but less tech. Yes, its a cheater electric smoker. My 3rd one. I need more space to cook, I don't need help getting my smoke and temp right.

I've also never used injection for flavor except for pork butt or other big cuts of meat. I decided to give it a try. I developed my own injection. Basically like the other recipes you have out on the internet but I'm putting the rub in the injection and using sirracchi.

Full results not in yet but my son and I think its the best sausage we have ever had.

No sauce. Marinated the meat overnight. Injected the meat. Slow cooked the ribs and chicken. Baste it with a combo of butter and apple juice. Using a combination of Apple, Mesquite, Cherry and Hickory wood.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11539678_10205518593098849_7496287094654554585_n.jpg
Views:	6651
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	110157   Click image for larger version

Name:	11204917_10205518655060398_84193330748835473_n.jpg
Views:	6226
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	110158   Click image for larger version

Name:	11403311_10205518654740390_5737794009802538289_n.jpg
Views:	6605
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	110159   Click image for larger version

Name:	11060263_10205518594938895_5571454432064515726_n.jpg
Views:	6507
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	110160  
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-14-2022, 12:56 PM   #3181
Custom User Title

4 racks of beef ribs(wife's choice and not mine) and couple chuck roasts for poor man's burnt ends. A first for me on both.

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk
kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 01:38 PM   #3182
Starter

Looks delicious
ArrowHeader is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutArrowHeader is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutArrowHeader is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutArrowHeader is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutArrowHeader is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutArrowHeader is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutArrowHeader is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutArrowHeader is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutArrowHeader is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 08-14-2022, 02:17 PM   #3183

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstater View Post
4 racks of beef ribs(wife's choice and not mine) and couple chuck roasts for poor man's burnt ends. A first for me on both.

Nice
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-14-2022, 05:40 PM   #3184
Custom User Title

Turned out decent. Beef rib texture was decent enough for never having done them. 2-1-1 on those. Burnt ends probably could have been a little more broke down.

kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 05:52 PM   #3185
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Gonna try this soon...

GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-14-2022, 09:28 PM   #3186
Indian Twitter

You guys are smoking it up and it all looks good. I''ve been on the road so I'm not doing any smoking but last week I did get some Q from Gettin Basted. The ribs were really tender and good, but I thought the pulled pork was just okay. Maybe it was cooked a little over. The Poblano Corn was really good.
philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 08-21-2022, 04:22 PM   #3187

I smoked 4 racks of ribs. Everyone loved them but I didn’t like that they fell off the bone too easily. Also my bark cracked too easily or maybe I need a sharper knife.

I did the apple juice in foil for 2 hours then finished them up at 225.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	51A52AFB-3C47-48FA-ADEC-EDC6670E2EFF.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	124888   Click image for larger version

Name:	6E6C147B-AAC5-4A36-9798-7D27A3B86CE4.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	124889   Click image for larger version

Name:	9FCC81D6-1004-4FAF-9680-1DF53D8EC09D.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	124890  
Old 08-21-2022, 04:28 PM   #3188
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
I smoked 4 racks of ribs. Everyone loved them but I didn’t like that they fell off the bone too easily. Also my bark cracked too easily or maybe I need a sharper knife.

I did the apple juice in foil for 2 hours then finished them up at 225.
Nice. FWIW that's how I like my ribs.
mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-21-2022, 04:54 PM   #3189
Ultrabanned

Sunday staples

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 04:58 PM   #3190
Ultrabanned

I go a little under. Want some pull but most folks like them falling off the bone I’ve found

Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-21-2022, 05:07 PM   #3191
Cheat Death

Y’all killing it
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-21-2022, 05:30 PM   #3192
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

We went for a ride today and, as always, needed a destination. Today we ended up at Slap's BBQ in KCK because their team took 2nd at yesterday's KCBS BBQ & Fly-in on the River in Excelsior Springs. It was good stuff, the texture of the brisket and burnt ends were awesome, but there could have been more flavor (without needing to dunk the meat in sauce).

It's a do-again to try their other offerings.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 05:42 PM   #3193
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
I go a little under. Want some pull but most folks like them falling off the bone I’ve found

I'm not a fan of BBQ flavored baby food.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-21-2022, 06:27 PM   #3194
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
Gonna try this soon...

i did these saturday, very yummy, everyone loved them
REDHOTGTO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliREDHOTGTO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliREDHOTGTO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliREDHOTGTO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliREDHOTGTO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliREDHOTGTO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliREDHOTGTO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliREDHOTGTO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliREDHOTGTO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliREDHOTGTO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliREDHOTGTO 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 07:39 AM   #3195
Cheat Death

Ran into a 3.99/lb brisket this weekend

KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote