Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: What was your favorite Mahomes touchdown from Sunday?
1. 15 yards to Conley to make it 7-0 (1st quarter) 9 11.84%
2. 19 yards to Kelce to make it 14-0 (first quarter) 17 22.37%
3. 5 yards to Hunt to make it 21-0 (first quarter) 3 3.95%
4. 25 yards to Kelce to make it 28-21 (third quarter) 18 23.68%
5. 3 yards to Robinson to make it 35-28 (third quarter) 18 23.68%
6. 29 yards to Hill to make it 42-28 (fourth quarter) 11 14.47%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-19-2018, 06:41 PM  
MVP

What was your favorite Mahomes touchdown from Sunday?

It was very satisfying seeing him destroy that zone. Previous regimes couldn't get it there, but this guy put it exactly where it needed to go. Passes delivered perfectly, penetrating the defense precisely in the two holes of Cover 2: deep middle and the gap between corner and safety.

My favorite was the 25 yard pass to Kelce to put us up 28-21. That's when I knew we had the game won

Last edited by Best22; 09-19-2018 at 10:25 PM..
Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 09-20-2018, 08:08 AM   #46
Veteran

2. The bullet to Kelce.
chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 09-20-2018, 08:52 AM   #47
That's Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dawg View Post
I like the Robinson TD. That's the type of stuff that makes you a legend and champion. Flushed out and you still get the TD.
this is mine as well.
BoneKrusher is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BoneKrusher is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BoneKrusher is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BoneKrusher is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BoneKrusher is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BoneKrusher is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BoneKrusher is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BoneKrusher is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BoneKrusher is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BoneKrusher is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.BoneKrusher is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 09-20-2018, 08:56 AM   #48
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

They were all great. All of them.

It wasn't Mahomes' doing, but I'm still in awe of how Kareem Hunt got into the end zone on his touchdown. That defender had him dead to rights with a simple push out of bounds, and actually made the hit, but Kareem didn't budge. He was like a gyroscope or something. He just remained on his path. That was astoundingly impressive.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-20-2018, 08:57 AM   #49
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
They were all great. All of them.

It wasn't Mahomes' doing, but I'm still in awe of how Kareem Hunt got into the end zone on his touchdown. That defender had him dead to rights with a simple push out of bounds, and actually made the hit, but Kareem didn't budge. He was like a gyroscope or something. He just remained on his path. That was astoundingly impressive.
Kareem made that safety his b*tch
Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 09-20-2018, 08:58 AM   #50
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

The 2nd TD to Kelce is easily my favorite because it's a uniquely 'Mahomes' throw.

The only other one that can qualify for that honor is the score to Robinson, but it didn't impress me quite as much because it was a bit of a scramble drill.

What I want to see is the kind of 'next level' stuff that he can do within the offense. I've never doubted that when the play breaks down, Mahomes can still make things happen that nobody else in the league can do. What I want to see is how he can stay within the offense to make the offense itself more effective when it's working.

That throw to Kelce is exactly that animal. There are maybe 3 guys in the league with the arm strength to get that seed in there before the window closes. That play didn't really work all that well from a schematic standpoint; the DC had a defense called that really should have worked there - he simply took the play by the throat and made a possible FG drive into a TD drive.

The velocity into a triangle there is 'peak Reid offense' and proves that Reid can literally draw up anything and he has a guy that can execute it. That's my favorite and by a fair amount because it showed how spectacular the harmony between QB and playcaller can be.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:00 AM   #51
Resident Glue Sniffer

my favorite throw, wasn't even a TD. it was a pass to Kecle on a skinny post / seam route man to man with a LB.
Pat zipped the pass directly over the head of the LB who was giving chase to Kecle. He didn't even know it was coming.

pass and completion for a great gain.
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:06 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayze View Post
my favorite throw, wasn't even a TD. it was a pass to Kecle on a skinny post / seam route man to man with a LB.
Pat zipped the pass directly over the head of the LB who was giving chase to Kecle. He didn't even know it was coming.

pass and completion for a great gain.
That was my favorite throw as well.

It shows that attitude that the great QB's have - "If I can see the name on the back of the defenders jersey, then the guy he's covering is open". That's prototypical 'throwing the man open' stuff.

He saw the LB had his back to him and that he could find the hole there over him. He simply erased the LB from the calculus and saw Kelce in front of the 2 safeties. Just a spectacular 'smart/aggressive' combination.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:11 AM   #53
Resident Glue Sniffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
That was my favorite throw as well.

It shows that attitude that the great QB's have - "If I can see the name on the back of the defenders jersey, then the guy he's covering is open". That's prototypical 'throwing the man open' stuff.

He saw the LB had his back to him and that he could find the hole there over him. He simply erased the LB from the calculus and saw Kelce in front of the 2 safeties. Just a spectacular 'smart/aggressive' combination.
yep.

I remember watching it live and I was like "pfffft'...and got up to get another beer
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:11 AM   #54
In Search of a Life

Yeah, any of those throws down the seam vs cover 2 to Kelce were just......**** they were beautiful. Like, that's damn Brady stuff.

Now, inevitably Pat will have a stinker somewhere. Probably a few. He's not Brady, probably won't be.

But that was damn beautiful QB play. He just rained fire down on them from the pocket, against zone coverage. He wasn't throwing to guys who had outran their single defender, he was just ****ing dialed in.

Hell, the throws he missed were ones we have seen him it. He was a hair off from a 99 yarder.

Fun stuff.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:14 AM   #55
In Search of a Life

I think he was about to make it 49 30 had Conley not fumbled also.

Man that was just a fun game.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:15 AM   #56

I keep saying "He won't be Brady. He won't be Rodgers..."

And I'm just saying it pro forma at this point. I'm saying it because I'm supposed to say it.

Because the **** if I can see anything in his physical tools or how he plays/approaches the game to support it.

One of the most exciting things about going to the game on Sunday is that I am confident that I'll be in Canton in about 20 years as one of a very small number of people that can say "I saw that dude's first game at Arrowhead". I haven't missed a game in 9 years but with 3 kids now, that streak's on borrowed time. So I'll probably miss a start or even a few of his over the course of his career. But I'll be damned if I'm gonna miss many of them.

Seriously - what the hell can this kid not do? He threw a pass that was batted at the line of scrimmage that went 17 yards in the air (and Kelce somehow almost got himself stopped in time to make a play on it) - his ****ing deflections are aggressive downfield. This is going to be such a rush.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 09:18 AM   #57
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I keep saying "He won't be Brady. He won't be Rodgers..."

And I'm just saying it pro forma at this point. I'm saying it because I'm supposed to say it.

Because the **** if I can see anything in his physical tools or how he plays/approaches the game to support it.

One of the most exciting things about going to the game on Sunday is that I am confident that I'll be in Canton in about 20 years as one of a very small number of people that can say "I saw that dude's first game at Arrowhead". I haven't missed a game in 9 years but with 3 kids now, that streak's on borrowed time. So I'll probably miss a start or even a few of his over the course of his career. But I'll be damned if I'm gonna miss many of them.

Seriously - what the hell can this kid not do? He threw a pass that was batted at the line of scrimmage that went 17 yards in the air (and Kelce somehow almost got himself stopped in time to make a play on it) - his ****ing deflections are aggressive downfield. This is going to be such a rush.
Shit, you've got 3 now? I did not realize that.

Yeah, I'm gonna bite the bullet and make the trip Sunday. I couldn't not.

I just can't bring myself to say those things yet, out of principle.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:19 AM   #58
Resident Glue Sniffer

for the first time in probably 15 years, I now look at every game like "Yeah, we can win that one".

whereas before it's a 50/50 proposition regardless of who we played at home; and probably 30/70 on the road. I know we've won a lot of games the last few years, but going into each game I always had the feeling we would lay an egg.

now, I'm sitting there thinking we can win any game against any team. Will we win every game? Of course not. But my feeling leading up to each game is "yeah, we can win this".
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 09:28 AM   #59
Curmudgeon

I have to go with Kelce's 1st TD. I'm still not sure if he fell down or that bullet knocked him down.
oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:32 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Shit, you've got 3 now? I did not realize that.

Yeah, I'm gonna bite the bullet and make the trip Sunday. I couldn't not.

I just can't bring myself to say those things yet, out of principle.
Yeah, I fed the first one after midnight and ended up with 2 more in January.

Don't do that.