Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-10-2013, 10:04 PM   #2
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazu View Post
I've heard from multiple people who are high on this trade that Alex Smith has an "upside" of being Trent Green. What they don't understand is that Trent Green isn't good enough. We could sign Trent Green in his prime tomorrow, and he would never take us to a Superbowl.
I disagree adamantly about that, and the same time Alex Smith is in no way like Trent Green. Cassel was also suppose to be like Trent also.
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:47 AM   #3
Supporter

Quote:
I've heard from multiple people who are high on this trade that Alex Smith has an "upside" of being Trent Green. What they don't understand is that Trent Green isn't good enough. We could sign Trent Green in his prime tomorrow, and he would never take us to a Superbowl.
Dumb.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:04 AM   #4
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
Dumb.
You would think with a fan base that has dealt with as shitty a QB play as we have since Trent Green left this fan base would understand how good he was.

I guess being #1 & #2 in scoring offense just isn't good enough for Chiefs fans, we need to be uh......better than #1!
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:19 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
You would think with a fan base that has dealt with as shitty a QB play as we have since Trent Green left this fan base would understand how good he was.

I guess being #1 & #2 in scoring offense just isn't good enough for Chiefs fans, we need to be uh......better than #1!
He was very good for like 3 years. With Priest leading the way behind an all-time great O-line and a team that was very intentionally built to have nothing but offense.

He did that in his 30s. I can't say that Alex Smith, with the same surrounding cast, couldn't do the same thing. Probably win just as many playoff games, too.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:25 AM   #6
Mammoth penis

Quote:
He was very good for like 3 years. With Priest leading the way behind an all-time great O-line and a team that was very intentionally built to have nothing but offense.

He did that in his 30s. I can't say that Alex Smith, with the same surrounding cast, couldn't do the same thing. Probably win just as many playoff games, too.
Trent had 5 good years, would have had 6 and was on pace to his best season ever if not for his injury with the Rams. His 4 good seasons with KC and his good season with Washington were all better than anything Alex has ever done. He just never had a defense worth a shit.
MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:00 AM   #7
Mammoth penis

Quote:
Bullshit. Trent could and likely would have taken us to a Superbowl if he would have had even a decent defense.
MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:06 PM   #8
oxymoron

Wall of text attempts to rationalize a shitty thing.

Wall of text fails.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:32 AM   #9
Everybody Lies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
Wall of text attempts to rationalize a shitty thing.

Wall of text fails.
I'm not usually a tl;dr type of guy. I'll read shit, but I have a feeling this won't change my mind at all about Alex, so I'll pass.
lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:10 PM   #10
oxymoron

As far as Trent Green goes, if you combine any Chiefs defense from the last couple of years with the offense from that 2002 or 2003 squad, we're probably talking about a team that at least gets the team to the AFC championship. All they ever needed was a defense that wasn't historically inept.

I don't think Alex Smith is even close to Trent Green, however.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:43 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
As far as Trent Green goes, if you combine any Chiefs defense from the last couple of years with the offense from that 2002 or 2003 squad, we're probably talking about a team that at least gets the team to the AFC championship. All they ever needed was a defense that wasn't historically inept.

I don't think Alex Smith is even close to Trent Green, however.
On your first point I agree, but that offense was a dream with Holmes, Roaf, Shields, Gonzalez. Trent Green was very good, so it was altogether outstanding. I was always a fan of Trent Green. But he wasn't a franchise QB. He could have done his thing for another 7 years and never would have even been a discussion for Hall of Fame. I want the superstar QB, nothing less.

And to those saying Alex Smith isn't even close to Trent Green - I'm not so sure. You put him on that 2003 team, assume he plays at his 2012 form...whose to say? Neither of them takes us to the promised land so I really don't care.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:46 PM   #12
Emporer of Mongo

Quote:

And to those saying Alex Smith isn't even close to Trent Green - I'm not so sure.
I'm sure....alex smith will never even come close to being the qb that green was

2 different animals
Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:26 PM   #13
Veteran

Quote:
On your first point I agree, but that offense was a dream with Holmes, Roaf, Shields, Gonzalez. Trent Green was very good, so it was altogether outstanding. I was always a fan of Trent Green. But he wasn't a franchise QB. He could have done his thing for another 7 years and never would have even been a discussion for Hall of Fame. I want the superstar QB, nothing less.

And to those saying Alex Smith isn't even close to Trent Green - I'm not so sure. You put him on that 2003 team, assume he plays at his 2012 form...whose to say? Neither of them takes us to the promised land so I really don't care.
Trent wasn't a franchise quarterback in the sense that you couldn't put him on any team and any system and expect him to carry an offense like a Brady or Elway could.

But, if Green had ANY semblance of a defense with that Chiefs offense, he could easily win a SB.
JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:13 PM   #14
SuperBowl or bust

Typical

Before the trade: I want no part of Alex Smith for even a third rounder

Right after the trade: meh, I'm starting to warm up to the trade.

A month later: I'm so glad we got Alex Smith when we could

A couple weeks before the draft: this guy looks better and better the more I imagine him in a Chiefs jersey

Thickening
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:26 PM   #15
Unsparing

The only thing that makes Smith bearable is that we are not tied to him like we were with Cassel. Smith is the "Missouri Compromise 2013" between Reid, Dorsey, and Hunt. He's not(hopefully)going to be or look completely inept out there and will give Charles some breathing space. When he starts to slide, I guarantee Dorsey will have a legit prospect ready to take over, and his name will NOT be Chase "I'm here to sell a few cheap seats" Daniel.
Posted via Mobile Device
Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.