Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-15-2015, 08:45 AM  
Supporter

Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread

Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408

Last edited by Buehler445; 03-02-2020 at 09:14 AM..
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2016, 09:36 PM   #1951
www.nfl-forecast.com

Cracked open to reveal the goodness:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	134.8 KB
ID:	111960  
cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2016, 09:55 PM   #1952
Mostly Ignored

Buzz is killing it with the food the last few days. What kind of sauce was on that fish, buzz?

Edit: nvm, I read your response to listo. Looks good, man.
TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2016, 09:57 PM   #1953
Mostly Ignored

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcox View Post
Cracked open to reveal the goodness:
TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2016, 10:00 PM   #1954
I like Pie!

Quote:
Made some short rib pot pies with cheddar cheese pastry yesterday:
Chicken pot pie is on my list with peas and carrots, been putting it together in my head for awhile now. Did you get the cup shape from muffin tins? I was thinking whole pie in a pie dish.
Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2016, 10:05 PM   #1955
www.nfl-forecast.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBone View Post
cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2016, 10:16 PM   #1956
www.nfl-forecast.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
Chicken pot pie is on my list with peas and carrots, been putting it together in my head for awhile now. Did you get the cup shape from muffin tins? I was thinking whole pie in a pie dish.

I used these:

http://www.target.com/p/sunbeam-non-...prods_vv|pdpv1

The advantage of smaller pies is that you increase the crust to filling ratio.

I also used a hot water crust, which stands up better to a meat pie.

Combine:
2 1/2 cup flour
75 grams of sharp cheddar cheese cut into tiny cubes and mushed into flour with finger tips
1/2 t salt

Boil

2/3 cup water
1/3 cup butter

pour the flour mixture into the water/butter and stir till combined. The dough can be molded by hand, like playdough.

I accidentally used only 2 cups of flour (instead of 2.5 cups) and it came out a little tougher and less flaky than the last time I made it.

I can't decide if the cheddar would compliment chicken or not. If you want to leave the cheese out, just increase the butter to 2/3 cup.
Old 03-27-2016, 10:17 PM   #1957
I like Pie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBone View Post
Buzz is killing it with the food the last few days. What kind of sauce was on that fish, buzz?

Edit: nvm, I read your response to listo. Looks good, man.

Thanks Tim Bone.
Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2016, 10:20 PM   #1958
www.nfl-forecast.com

wrong link on the pans. It was these:

http://www.target.com/p/wilton-3-pie...g&gclsrc=aw.ds
Old 03-27-2016, 10:25 PM   #1959
I like Pie!

Quote:
I used these:

http://www.target.com/p/sunbeam-non-...prods_vv|pdpv1

The advantage of smaller pies is that you increase the crust to filling ratio.

I also used a hot water crust, which stands up better to a meat pie.

Combine:
2 1/2 cup flour
75 grams of sharp cheddar cheese cut into tiny cubes and mushed into flour with finger tips
1/2 t salt

Boil

2/3 cup water
1/3 cup butter

pour the flour mixture into the water/butter and stir till combined. The dough can be molded by hand, like playdough.

I accidentally used only 2 cups of flour (instead of 2.5 cups) and it came out a little tougher and less flaky than the last time I made it.

I can't decide if the cheddar would compliment chicken or not. If you want to leave the cheese out, just increase the butter to 2/3 cup.

Thanks, good info, you put some time into that.
Old 03-27-2016, 10:50 PM   #1960
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
http://www.amazon.com/Norpro-Nonstic...iduel+pie+pans
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2016, 11:01 PM   #1961
I like Pie!

Heh, I'm thinking these.

Old 03-27-2016, 11:06 PM   #1962
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Heh, I'm thinking these.

Dollar Tree.

I just wonder if you can get the crust right with the tin foil.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2016, 11:14 PM   #1963
www.nfl-forecast.com

You could make a decent pie in tin foil. But please don't make your family eat out of those. Take the care to take the pies out of the tins and serve the food directly on a proper plate. Please for the sake of common decency.
Old 03-27-2016, 11:21 PM   #1964
Supporter

You guys are killing it lately. Good work men.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2016, 11:29 PM   #1965
Fight, build, win!

I just have visions of the old swansons pot pied when they were in the tin before nuke ovens. The 30 to 40 minutes frozen in oven top browns but crust was always soggy inside the pan.

Last edited by srvy; 03-28-2016 at 08:31 AM..