Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 12-20-2011, 03:42 PM   #2
Supporter

I thought i had it removed, but it came back....twice.

I finally backed up and restored to factory settings. Clean as a whistle now. All that reinstalling sure was a PIA, but at least now i am sure it's gone.
alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-20-2011, 03:47 PM   #3
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_omega View Post
I thought i had it removed, but it came back....twice.

I finally backed up and restored to factory settings. Clean as a whistle now. All that reinstalling sure was a PIA, but at least now i am sure it's gone.
That's the only way you can be sure. Anti-malware tools are too spotty and inconsistent. Obviously this thread speaks volumes to the kind of snake oil is being sold by AV and Anti Malware vendors as well. Circumventing these things is very trivial for anyone who knows what they are doing.
DaveNull Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.DaveNull Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.DaveNull Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.DaveNull Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.DaveNull Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.DaveNull Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.DaveNull Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.DaveNull Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.DaveNull Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.DaveNull Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.DaveNull Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:42 PM   #4
Got swag?

It also scares me the number of novice users running combofix at the first sign of a infection. It should really be used at a last resort - before a wipe and reload.
QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:00 AM   #5
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer View Post
It also scares me the number of novice users running combofix at the first sign of a infection. It should really be used at a last resort - before a wipe and reload.
I've gone back and forth with that in my head... I've never had a problem with it, but I've thought about editing the OP to include "for starters, reboot into safe mode, scan with malwarebytes & antivirus, etc" ... "and for a kill-it-with-fire approach, here's combofix...". I actually started editing it last night, but thought it came off like it was so time consuming, you might as well just restore.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:24 AM   #6
Got swag?

To add to fish's instructions:
For XP users :
Disabling system restore will automatically wipe all restore points.
Right click on My Computer and select System Restore tab and you will have a checkbox to turn off system monitor - do this.
After repairing the system go back to same tab and turn it back on.
QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:27 PM   #7
MY LITTLE #15

AAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:27 AM   #8
Everything is Awesome!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv View Post
AAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yup. me too.
cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:35 PM   #9
MY LITTLE #15

Got the flashblock add-on on Firefox. Been roaming around CP for about 20 minutes, and my webroot just blocked a rogue. I'm still here, though, and not Vista Internet Security 2012 pop-ups....yet.

I posted this on Facebook, but I'll put it on here. It's a knb.exe rogue file that attaches itself to any executable you try to run. The information on bleepingcomputer.com was a huge help.

This time, it caught it whenever I clicked to go into the Media Center forum. I've been browsing different threads, including one that I know I was in before when it happened. I've also been posting on a few people's profile pages.

I've got about 10 minutes before I need to head back to work, so I'll keep snooping around here and see what happens.
luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:09 PM   #10
MVP

Yea I got that Vista Internet Security crap the other day as well. I did a restore and everything appears fine. I have since added MSE to my computer so hopefully that will do the trick.
durtyrute is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.durtyrute is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.durtyrute is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.durtyrute is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.durtyrute is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.durtyrute is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.durtyrute is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.durtyrute is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.durtyrute is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.durtyrute is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.durtyrute is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 12-24-2011, 10:20 AM   #11
MY LITTLE #15

Annoying. I have to disable flashblock for some sites, but, if I forget to enable it, then something always, without fail, triggers my anti-virus on this site.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:47 AM   #12
M-I-Z S-E-C

Just cleared out the Vista Antispyware bullshit. Who the **** spends their free time making this shit? What's the ****ing point?
MoreLemonPledge Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MoreLemonPledge Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MoreLemonPledge Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MoreLemonPledge Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MoreLemonPledge Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MoreLemonPledge Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MoreLemonPledge Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MoreLemonPledge Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MoreLemonPledge Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MoreLemonPledge Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MoreLemonPledge Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:32 PM   #13
MY LITTLE #15

Just got hit again. Did a system restore, ran the now usual scans, and downloaded chrome.
Old 12-25-2011, 04:22 PM   #14

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
Scan saved at 4:18:08 PM, on 12/25/2011
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
Boot mode: Safe mode with network support

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
c:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\Antimalware\MsMpEng.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
D:\HiJack This\HijackThis.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Sara\Local Settings\Application Data\xxn.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://homepage.acer.com/rdr.aspx?b=...4wu25w87023115
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.startsearcher.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://homepage.acer.com/rdr.aspx?b=...4wu25w87023115
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.startsearcher.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = "C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe"
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5C255C8A-E604-49b4-9D64-90988571CECB} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: BHO Project - {66D8FBA6-D90F-40A9-AC55-84896F79CA69} - C:\Program Files\Object\bho_project.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IAAnotif] C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\iaanotif.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LManager] C:\PROGRA~1\LAUNCH~1\LManager.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Persistence] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AzMixerSel] C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\Drivers\AzMixerSel.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IMJPMIG8.1] "C:\WINDOWS\IME\imjp8_1\IMJPMIG.EXE" /Spoil /RemAdvDef /Migration32
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSPY2002] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\PINTLGNT\ImScInst.exe /SYNC
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002ASync] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /SYNC
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002A] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /IMEName
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [M3000Mnt] Rundll32.exe M3000Rmv.dll ,WinMainRmv /StartStillMnt
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSC] "c:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\msseces.exe" -hide -runkey
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AROReminder] C:\Program Files\ARO 2011\ARO.exe -rem
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [DWQueuedReporting] "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\DW\dwtrig20.exe" -t (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [DWQueuedReporting] "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\DW\dwtrig20.exe" -t (User 'Default user')
O4 - Global Startup: Acer VCM.lnk = ?
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Send to &Bluetooth Device... - C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\btsendto_ie_ctx.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Send To Bluetooth - C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\btsendto_ie.htm
O9 - Extra button: Blog This - {219C3416-8CB2-491a-A3C7-D9FCDDC9D600} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Writer\WriterBrowserExtension.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: &Blog This in Windows Live Writer - {219C3416-8CB2-491a-A3C7-D9FCDDC9D600} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Writer\WriterBrowserExtension.dll
O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: @btrez.dll,-4015 - {CCA281CA-C863-46ef-9331-5C8D4460577F} - C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\btsendto_ie.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @btrez.dll,-12650 - {CCA281CA-C863-46ef-9331-5C8D4460577F} - C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\btsendto_ie.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\Program Files\Acer\Acer VCM\Skype4COM.dll
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Browseui preloader - {438755C2-A8BA-11D1-B96B-00A0C90312E1} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Component Categories cache daemon - {8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: Bluetooth Service (btwdins) - Broadcom Corporation. - C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\bin\btwdins.exe
O23 - Service: Intel(R) Matrix Storage Event Monitor (IAANTMON) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\IAANTMon.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microhis systems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
O23 - Service: Raw Socket Service (RS_Service) - Acer Incorporated - C:\Program Files\Acer\Acer VCM\RS_Service.exe

--
End of file - 6904 bytes

My wife's pc is sick. This is the printout after running HyjackThis. Already tried everything listed so far and nothing is working. Thanks.
bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:01 AM   #15
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevischief View Post
C:\Documents and Settings\Sara\Local Settings\Application Data\xxn.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5C255C8A-E604-49b4-9D64-90988571CECB} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: BHO Project - {66D8FBA6-D90F-40A9-AC55-84896F79CA69} - C:\Program Files\Object\bho_project.dll
I'm thinking xxn.exe can be deleted... Google didn't return anything on it, and it's in an odd location. The next two can be deleted. bho_project.dll is the problem.... some light Googling showed malwarebytes was able to find it, so you might try removing it that way (in safe mode), or deleted it with hijackthis, reboot, and scan again to see if it comes back.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.