Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-10-2023, 08:45 PM  
MVP

2024 WR Class

Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 03-24-2024 at 01:08 PM..
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 04-21-2024, 02:38 PM   #2761
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Final WR Rankings:

1. MHJ
2. Nabers
3. Odunze
4. BTJ
5. Mitchell
6. Worthy
7. Franklin
8. McConkey
9. Pearsall
10. Coleman
11. Legette
12. R. Wilson
13. Burton (not factoring in character concerns)
14. Baker
15. Walker
16. Polk
17. McMillan
18. Corley
19. J. Wilson
20. Rice
21. Cowing
22. M. Washington
23. Thrash
24. McCaffrey
25. T. Washington
It's a great list. Here is mine:
1. MHJ
2. Nabers
3. Odunze
GAP
4. Mitchell
5. Thomas
GAP
Guys with multirole tools:
6. Worthy
7. McConkey
8. Pearsall
9. Coleman
10. Legette
GAP
Guys who will be one outside role guys but good tools:
11. Franklin
12. Burton (character/coachability may take him off the board even for the Chiefs and probably should)
13. J. Wilson (could be a unicorn, would be about Vincent Jackson upside)
14. Baker
15. Polk
16. Walker
Slot /gadget guys:
17. McMillan
18. R. Wilson
19. Corley

Other guys I just love:
T. Washington
J. Coker
A. Smith

Guys I probably should revisit because I feel like I am not giving them enough credit:
M. Washington
J. Thrash
I. Williams
Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-21-2024, 05:45 PM   #2762
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfyre View Post
It's a great list. Here is mine:
1. MHJ
2. Nabers
3. Odunze
GAP
4. Mitchell
5. Thomas
GAP
Guys with multirole tools:
6. Worthy
7. McConkey
8. Pearsall
9. Coleman
10. Legette
GAP
Guys who will be one outside role guys but good tools:
11. Franklin
12. Burton (character/coachability may take him off the board even for the Chiefs and probably should)
13. J. Wilson (could be a unicorn, would be about Vincent Jackson upside)
14. Baker
15. Polk
16. Walker
Slot /gadget guys:
17. McMillan
18. R. Wilson
19. Corley

Other guys I just love:
T. Washington
J. Coker
A. Smith

Guys I probably should revisit because I feel like I am not giving them enough credit:
M. Washington
J. Thrash
I. Williams
What pushed Mitchel over btj for you? I could see him being the better pro if things go right but I haven’t seen anyone rank him above btj.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-21-2024, 07:35 PM   #2763
MVP

BTJ went #26 in NFL.coms latest mock draft.

THAT's the trade up scenario we should be praying for!

I'd be willing to use next year's 2nd and change if that helps us get into the 19-25 range for him.

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 04-21-2024 at 07:56 PM..
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 04-21-2024, 07:57 PM   #2764
Andy Reid Supporter

DJ is gonna smile with this one. His hands worry me but this is the type of high ceiling player the Chiefs look for.

RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-21-2024, 08:10 PM   #2765
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
BTJ went #26 in NFL.coms latest mock draft.

THAT's the trade up scenario we should be praying for!

I'd be willing to use next year's 2nd and change if that helps us get into the 19-25 range for him.
Praying all the QBs go and someone gets crazy for some other positions lol if jizz if we got BTJ in the late 20s
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-22-2024, 12:35 AM   #2766
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
What pushed Mitchel over btj for you? I could see him being the better pro if things go right but I haven’t seen anyone rank him above btj.
Mitchell has better hands and works man coverage better, imo. He more instinctively attacks leverage and exploits DBs. Like creating over commitment and then bursting to create separation. I also felt he had equal acceleration and better agility when he had the switch set to on, which means to me he has a higher capability than Thomas as a route runner. I guess I figure if you are going for all upside with either of these picks, you may as well go for the one with the higher upside.

The only real question I have relates to the plays he took off, why he doesn't play with more physicality, and why he plays so much slower against zone coverage. The answer to those questions will define how early he is taken, imo, because if you can fix it, he may be the best receiver in this class.

I did a thorough breakdown of him (thorough at least for me) earlier in this thread if you are interested - both strengths and weaknesses, with specific examples cited.
Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 05:58 AM   #2767
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfyre View Post
Mitchell has better hands and works man coverage better, imo. He more instinctively attacks leverage and exploits DBs. Like creating over commitment and then bursting to create separation. I also felt he had equal acceleration and better agility when he had the switch set to on, which means to me he has a higher capability than Thomas as a route runner. I guess I figure if you are going for all upside with either of these picks, you may as well go for the one with the higher upside.

The only real question I have relates to the plays he took off, why he doesn't play with more physicality, and why he plays so much slower against zone coverage. The answer to those questions will define how early he is taken, imo, because if you can fix it, he may be the best receiver in this class.

I did a thorough breakdown of him (thorough at least for me) earlier in this thread if you are interested - both strengths and weaknesses, with specific examples cited.
Well I hope you are right and the concerns off the field drop him to us.
Old 04-22-2024, 07:33 AM   #2768
MVP

Nightfyre, you definitely have your opinion which I respect. We're going to strongly disagree on Thomas and Mitchell being in the same stratosphere as route runners and that doesn't favor Mitchell. That isn't to say I don't think Mitchell is capable of it, I just think Thomas is much more complete.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-22-2024, 07:34 AM   #2769
MVP

Some history

ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 04-22-2024, 07:57 AM   #2770
MVP

My heart says BTJ but my brain says Worthy.
Old 04-22-2024, 10:57 AM   #2771
Baba Ganoush

Source is Sports Illustrated, not MLFootball!

In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-22-2024, 11:36 AM   #2772
MVP

Can we start a rumor about BTJ not being able to brush his teeth with his dominant hand due to shoulder injury or something similar?
Old 04-22-2024, 11:38 AM   #2773
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by In58men View Post
Source is Sports Illustrated, not MLFootball!

I would not think that a shoulder would be enough to drop BTJ but we can hope.
Old 04-22-2024, 11:44 AM   #2774
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
Nightfyre, you definitely have your opinion which I respect. We're going to strongly disagree on Thomas and Mitchell being in the same stratosphere as route runners and that doesn't favor Mitchell. That isn't to say I don't think Mitchell is capable of it, I just think Thomas is much more complete.
I hear you. I am also just going to leave this here. I hope Matt Harmon does something on BTJ soon, but basically I feel like Harmon's analysis lines up very well with my assessment. That's an NFL route tree with virtually zero schemed up, force fed production.

Edit for link to source:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AD Mitchell Route Profile.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	127399   Click image for larger version

Name:	AD Mitchell Success Rates.JPG
Views:	44
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	127400  

Last edited by Nightfyre; 04-22-2024 at 11:53 AM..
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 03:11 PM   #2775
MVP

BTJ made it to 23 in today's fan vote PFF mock draft.

They provided 3-4 options per pick and fans polled their preferences live during the show.

We took WR McConkey over WR Franklin, OT Morgan, and DL Robinson.