Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-23-2011, 11:58 AM  
Seeking the Truth daily

Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2

Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?

Last edited by Bearcat; 07-28-2015 at 05:52 PM..
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2017, 12:52 PM   #1051
The Constitutional Choo choo

The owner of Sons Of Guns was just convicted of several accounts of rape to a minor. And Willey Hayden will now spend life in prison..
http://tribunist.com/news/sons-of-gu...?utm_source=SR
LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2017, 12:59 PM   #1052
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunit35 View Post
Bought me a suppressor. The LGS is waiting on the serial number so I can complete the paperwork.
nice. which one? I got 2 waiting to get approved by the gobment. omega and a ghost. once u shoot suppresssed u aint neva goin back!
Chief_For_Life58 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Chief_For_Life58 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Chief_For_Life58 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Chief_For_Life58 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Chief_For_Life58 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Chief_For_Life58 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Chief_For_Life58 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Chief_For_Life58 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Chief_For_Life58 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Chief_For_Life58 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Chief_For_Life58 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 04-10-2017, 01:01 PM   #1053
Always ask 'Why?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveSteam View Post
The owner of Sons Of Guns was just convicted of several accounts of rape to a minor. And Willey Hayden will now spend life in prison..
Good!

Predators like this need to be put away and throw away the key.

Now he gets to wear a prom dress on Friday nights.

Used to love that show.
Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2017, 01:43 PM   #1054
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Raped his own kids. Holy ****. Nothing that happens to him will be bad enough.

I really enjoyed that show, too.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2017, 02:00 PM   #1055
Always ask 'Why?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post

I really enjoyed that show, too.
Guns and explosions for 30 minutes!
Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2017, 04:44 PM   #1056
Keepin it Real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 View Post
nice. which one? I got 2 waiting to get approved by the gobment. omega and a ghost. once u shoot suppresssed u aint neva goin back!
I went with the Saker ASR 556. It was $300 cheaper than the Omega. I couldn't justify the $300 for the multi caliber when it won't go on anything but a 556.

Spoke to the LGS today. He's got the serial number for it but he's waiting on one more email confirmation before I can fill out the paperwork.
Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 04-11-2017, 09:45 PM   #1057
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

And...... she's done. Just got the Trijicon night sights added tonight.

Damn I love this thing. The perfect carry gun.

Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-11-2017, 09:51 PM   #1058
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
And...... she's done. Just got the Trijicon night sights added tonight.

Damn I love this thing. The perfect carry gun.

Share a grouping from your next trip to the range. I have a feeling it'll be impressive.

Sweet man, sweet..
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-11-2017, 10:04 PM   #1059
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
Share a grouping from your next trip to the range. I have a feeling it'll be impressive.

Sweet man, sweet..
Last time I shot it I was competing in a PPC shoot - drawing from a holster and shooting at a silhouette target from various distances, dropping mags after six shots (for revolver shooters) while timed. The max score for each round is 480. I got a 459 and a 460. And I decocked each time I reholstered, so each initial shot was double action. I don't think that was a requirement, but if I'm ever going to be using it in a real defensive situation that's what the first shot will be, so it's good to get in the habit of doing it that way.

I was pretty happy with my scores.
Old 04-11-2017, 10:23 PM   #1060
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Last time I shot it I was competing in a PPC shoot - drawing from a holster and shooting at a silhouette target from various distances, dropping mags after six shots (for revolver shooters) while timed. The max score for each round is 480. I got a 459 and a 460. And I decocked each time I reholstered, so each initial shot was double action. I don't think that was a requirement, but if I'm ever going to be using it in a real defensive situation that's what the first shot will be, so it's good to get in the habit of doing it that way.

I was pretty happy with my scores.
That helps to keep the loved ones alive. Good job brother...
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-11-2017, 10:34 PM   #1061
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
That helps to keep the loved ones alive. Good job brother...
Thanks. Unfortunately, I did not have the same results shooting the duty matches with the Shadow. On those I got around 360 both times. Duty matches are for longer barreled guns and shot at greater distances, up to 25 yards. Those long shots are a bitch with my old man eyes, and I certainly can't blame the weapon.

I was talking to my gunsmith about that tonight (he's also a master-level shooter) and he told me that my problem is probably focusing on the target and not the front sight. I hope it's that simple. But in any event, I need to practice.
Old 04-11-2017, 10:39 PM   #1062
Supporter

Quote:
Wow. **** him. With a chainsaw.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-11-2017, 10:48 PM   #1063
Keepin it Real

Finished up my suppressor paperwork today.

Now the waiting begins. $880 including the tax stamp isn't too bad.
Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 04-11-2017, 10:59 PM   #1064
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunit35 View Post
Finished up my suppressor paperwork today.

Now the waiting begins. $880 including the tax stamp isn't too bad.
I'm sure the Illinois suppressor bill is effectively perma-stalled. Haven't heard anything about it in months.
Old 04-12-2017, 06:51 AM   #1065
Supporter

Quote:
Thanks. Unfortunately, I did not have the same results shooting the duty matches with the Shadow. On those I got around 360 both times. Duty matches are for longer barreled guns and shot at greater distances, up to 25 yards. Those long shots are a bitch with my old man eyes, and I certainly can't blame the weapon.

I was talking to my gunsmith about that tonight (he's also a master-level shooter) and he told me that my problem is probably focusing on the target and not the front sight. I hope it's that simple. But in any event, I need to practice.
A trick I was trained to do in my military days was for each target engagement run your eyes from your sight to your target..they called it following your bullet flight..or path

It helped me with longer pistol shots..after doing it enough it becomes second nature and improved my engagements

But of course all I did when I wasn't deployed was spend time on the range with the taxpayer footing my bills so that helped too
Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.