Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-23-2011, 11:58 AM  
Seeking the Truth daily

Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2

Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?

Last edited by Bearcat; 07-28-2015 at 05:52 PM..
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-06-2018, 12:38 AM   #1786
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Well, I settled on a new handguard for the 16" AR - Midwest Industries 15" lightweight.

Unfortunately, installation requires removing the gas block, which is something I don't have the expertise to mess with, so my gunsmith has it. I had hoped it would be one I could just slide on and adjust myself. Oh well. Should have it back next weekend.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-06-2018, 07:00 AM   #1787
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Well, I settled on a new handguard for the 16" AR - Midwest Industries 15" lightweight.

Unfortunately, installation requires removing the gas block, which is something I don't have the expertise to mess with, so my gunsmith has it. I had hoped it would be one I could just slide on and adjust myself. Oh well. Should have it back next weekend.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-15-2018, 10:53 AM   #1788
Always ask 'Why?"

BEST PRICE for a good, inexpensive 9mm CCW weapon.

$181 delivered on Taurus G2C before FFL transfer fee. No CC or Shipping fees.

https://shop.whittakerguns.com/product/46908

Use 10% coupon.

Local gun shop wants $279; seen on online at $229 plus fees.

Purchased one, at that price, now thinking of getting another.
Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-15-2018, 08:47 PM   #1789
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Got my rifle back from the gunsmith with the new handguard.

Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 09:17 PM   #1790
MVP

Looks great!
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:40 PM   #1791
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Got my rifle back from the gunsmith with the new handguard.

Would!
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:40 PM   #1792
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randallflagg View Post
Looks great!
Thanks. I'm really pleased with it. Cut down on the weight, even though it's longer than the old one. Smaller diameter, too.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:45 PM   #1793
Keepin it Real

That’s the one negative about my Tavor. It’s a heavy bitch compared to my AR. I’m thinking it might be too heavy when my suppressor finally arrives.
Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:57 PM   #1794
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

I also got a new DPM recoil spring for my CZ compact. While I never had any issues with the old one, it always kind of irked me that the guide rod was plastic. For what I paid for that gun, it should never have had a plastic rod. Anyway, this one is metal and reduces recoil (three spring system), so I gave it a shot.

Also gave me an excuse to go to the range, since I'm not carrying a gun with a new internal part without testing it. Ran great. Couldn't rapid fire, so I'll have to wait until the next time I'm out in the sticks shooting to really get a feel for the difference. It's not like the CZ kicked that much to begin with, though.
Old 05-15-2018, 10:03 PM   #1795
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunit35 View Post
That’s the one negative about my Tavor. It’s a heavy bitch compared to my AR. I’m thinking it might be too heavy when my suppressor finally arrives.
Any word on that suppressor?
Old 05-15-2018, 10:21 PM   #1796
MVP

Quote:
Thanks. I'm really pleased with it. Cut down on the weight, even though it's longer than the old one. Smaller diameter, too.

Curious....is that a 16" barrel or is it larger?
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-15-2018, 10:33 PM   #1797
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randallflagg View Post
Curious....is that a 16" barrel or is it larger?
16". My other AR has an 18" barrel with a scope.
Old 05-16-2018, 12:12 AM   #1798
Mahomosapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivers View Post
BEST PRICE for a good, inexpensive 9mm CCW weapon.

$181 delivered on Taurus G2C before FFL transfer fee. No CC or Shipping fees.

https://shop.whittakerguns.com/product/46908

Use 10% coupon.

Local gun shop wants $279; seen on online at $229 plus fees.

Purchased one, at that price, now thinking of getting another.
If you are going to carry a polymer Taurus i beg that you put it through its paces first. Get at least 500 rounds through it to make sure you trust it.

I am not shitting on taurus, i own a few of them, and would trust my life to my 92 or my 85. But they have both had piles of ammunition through them without issue.

Polymer taurus are hit or miss.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk
bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 12:15 AM   #1799
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunit35 View Post
Lift until it's not heavy anymore.
kjwood75nro is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kjwood75nro is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kjwood75nro is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kjwood75nro is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kjwood75nro is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kjwood75nro is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kjwood75nro is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kjwood75nro is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kjwood75nro is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kjwood75nro is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kjwood75nro is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 05-16-2018, 12:36 AM   #1800
Always ask 'Why?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjosh View Post
If you are going to carry a polymer Taurus i beg that you put it through its paces first. Get at least 500 rounds through it to make sure you trust it.

I am not shitting on taurus, i own a few of them, and would trust my life to my 92 or my 85. But they have both had piles of ammunition through them without issue.

Polymer taurus are hit or miss.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

Rep! Thanks for the good advice. Just ordered a 1,000 round box.
Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.