Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-23-2011, 11:58 AM  
Seeking the Truth daily

Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2

Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?

Last edited by Bearcat; 07-28-2015 at 05:52 PM..
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2018, 02:20 PM   #1651
Mahomosapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
Found my dad's old rifle - an old Mossberg lever action .22 Rimfire. It hasn't been fired in years and years. I think I might take it in to have detailed up and test fired just to see if it's still workable.
Thats an oddity, I have never seen an old Mossberg lever action 22. Didnt even know they existed honestly. That sounds like a cool little gun.
bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 03-17-2018, 02:25 PM   #1652
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjosh View Post
Thats an oddity, I have never seen an old Mossberg lever action 22. Didnt even know they existed honestly. That sounds like a cool little gun.
I don't know exactly how old it is, but it's pretty old. 50 years old or older. The only marking it has on it is "Mossberg" on the end of the stock.

It is nearly identical to this one -

Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2018, 02:29 PM   #1653
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Gratuitous Versa Max photo:

It does kind of dwarf the others.
Whats that camo dude on the left, maybe a Ruger?

I really like the looks of that...
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2018, 02:37 PM   #1654
Mahomosapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
I don't know exactly how old it is, but it's pretty old. 50 years old or older. The only marking it has on it is "Mossberg" on the end of the stock.

It is nearly identical to this one -

I love seeing stuff like that still functioning decades later. A true testament to what quality used to mean.
bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 03-17-2018, 02:46 PM   #1655
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
Whats that camo dude on the left, maybe a Ruger?

I really like the looks of that...
Springfield M1A Scout. I personally would have preferred a black one, but the model with the camo pattern was a couple of hundred less.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2018, 02:50 PM   #1656
pie is never free

Quote:
Springfield M1A Scout. I personally would have preferred a black one, but the model with the camo pattern was a couple of hundred less.
The camo is what sets it off, thats a sharp ass rifle... what did that run you?
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2018, 02:56 PM   #1657
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
The camo is what sets it off, thats a sharp ass rifle... what did that run you?
$1300 IIRC

It is a blast to shoot. You definitely feel it the next day, though.

And actually it’s the SOCOM model, not the Scout. The Scout has an 18” barrel. This has a 16”.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2018, 03:08 PM   #1658
pie is never free

Quote:
$1300 IIRC

And actually it’s the SOCOM model, not the Scout. The Scout has an 18” barrel. This has a 16”.
Lordy, its a pricey little sucker

Sure do like the looks of it though, pretty sure the 16 inch barrel is another reason I like it so much... gives it a nice compact look
Old 03-17-2018, 03:11 PM   #1659
Mahomosapien

Quote:
$1300 IIRC

are those 762 nato/308 or are they 30-06?
Old 03-17-2018, 03:24 PM   #1660
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
are those 762 nato/308 or are they 30-06?
Old 03-17-2018, 03:26 PM   #1661
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:

Sure do like the looks of it though, pretty sure the 16 inch barrel is another reason I like it so much... gives it a nice compact look
I got it from Palmetto a few years ago. I wanted the Garand feel without the clips.
Old 03-17-2018, 03:28 PM   #1662
Supporter

Ok everyone, need advice/suggestions on these 2 uppers. Anyone have any experience or know of anyone who has experience with them

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/95...-lok-handguard

https://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Rad...-fhr20-6.5.htm
Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2018, 03:38 PM   #1663
Mahomosapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac459 View Post
Ok everyone, need advice/suggestions on these 2 uppers. Anyone have any experience or know of anyone who has experience with them

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/95...-lok-handguard

https://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Rad...-fhr20-6.5.htm
i wouldn't buy either for that price. you can build an upper with mlok and match grade barrel at least 100, probably $200 cheaper.

Check palmetto. Roscoe barrels are great as well.
Old 03-17-2018, 05:14 PM   #1664
In Search of a Life

Quote:
i wouldn't buy either for that price. you can build an upper with mlok and match grade barrel at least 100, probably $200 cheaper.

Check palmetto. Roscoe barrels are great as well.
^this^
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2018, 05:32 PM   #1665
MVP

Quote:

The M1A standard (Walnut) that I have was a tad under $1400. You bet, they are pricey as hell - but worth every penny....it shoots like a friggin dream.
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.