Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-10-2019, 12:22 AM  
Banned

Jack Reacher

I discovered Lee Childs Jack Reacher stories about 10 years ago, what a great read. Usually we find Reacher hitch hiking, as he wanders the USA, somebody will eventually pick him up despite having a hulkish look at 6-6 260ish. And our story begins.

When I heard there was going to be a movie, yep, excited. But........Tom Cruise? How can the 5-8 170 (guessing) sell the huge Jack Reacher? In the stories the size of Reacher is a constant, we get it.....big bad hombre. Tom Cruise a big bad hombre......nay!

X pro rassler/current actor Dave Batista.....perfect.

If a movie is based on a literary character why not stay as close as possible to the story?

I guess the worst casting job ever was John Wayne as Ghanghis Ghan, What were they thinking?
Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 12-14-2023, 07:25 PM   #106
Shaken. Not stirred.

"Who is Sarah Connor?"

007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 09:01 PM   #107
Buddy Christ is a Chiefs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
"Who is Sarah Connor?"

That was pretty funny but to be honest this first episode isn't giving me warm fuzzy vibes about the writing. The writing was just plain shitty... quick, we need a password guessed but you can only use three guesses in 2 minutes before it is erases... wtf? That was probably the worst but there was plenty of stinkers.
BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 12-15-2023, 11:04 AM   #108
New and Improved

7 minutes of entertainment.

stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-15-2023, 11:30 AM   #109
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRichard View Post
That was pretty funny but to be honest this first episode isn't giving me warm fuzzy vibes about the writing. The writing was just plain shitty... quick, we need a password guessed but you can only use three guesses in 2 minutes before it is erases... wtf? That was probably the worst but there was plenty of stinkers.
nah, they follow the way it is in the books. It's fiction. I can enjoy Superman movies knowing people really can't fly.
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-15-2023, 01:27 PM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief View Post
nah, they follow the way it is in the books. It's fiction. I can enjoy Superman movies knowing people really can't fly.
Shows having good writers are required even when they are trying to follow a book. They need to change stupid shit and make it better for an audience. That wasn't much better than having some guy show up that could fly in the show with Reacher. It would be just dumb to do that. So was that part with the guessing the password bit. Just dumb. Another one was the dumb ass thing about the mail box. Oh... you are so smart cause he guessed that he would store something in the post office across the street herpa derpa... Oh he would have a box on the right side because his penis hangs that way... herpa derpa.
BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 12-15-2023, 02:11 PM   #111
Ain't no relax!

The show is fun to watch, but yeah the writing is just outright awful in some parts. Too much goofy cliched nonsense.

Like when he was a kid, his entire family called him by his last name? LOL. The constant "Big guy" references. The absurd way he makes a bunch of assumptions in tracking down people and things. Definitely a lot of cringe.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-15-2023, 09:16 PM   #112
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteChief View Post
I believe he left Scientology.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
He did?

I thought that would be pretty big hollywood news. At least if I was his publicist I'd make it big news.
Quote:
Yeah, I mean... he was the face of Scientology.

Edit: I am saying yeah, I agree with you on your statement. Not yeah, he left Scientology.
That report stems from him not going to the UK branch of Scientology. Clearwater is a big Scientology town. He’s been spotted around here this summer.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-15-2023, 09:55 PM   #113
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Shows having good writers are required even when they are trying to follow a book. They need to change stupid shit and make it better for an audience. That wasn't much better than having some guy show up that could fly in the show with Reacher. It would be just dumb to do that. So was that part with the guessing the password bit. Just dumb. Another one was the dumb ass thing about the mail box. Oh... you are so smart cause he guessed that he would store something in the post office across the street herpa derpa... Oh he would have a box on the right side because his penis hangs that way... herpa derpa.
Reacher's whole persona, if you have read the books, is his intuitiveness and ability to access a situation quickly and determine what most likely took place. On the mailbox, with hundreds to choose from he deducted the general area and size of the box that he would have used, eliminating most of the boxes. The writers would have put that in to show a pattern to folks who haven't read the books and are new to the series. I enjoyed the 3 episodes out as I can suspend reality for action movies. Sounds like you didn't.
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-16-2023, 05:11 AM   #114

Quote:
Reacher's whole persona, if you have read the books, is his intuitiveness and ability to access a situation quickly and determine what most likely took place. On the mailbox, with hundreds to choose from he deducted the general area and size of the box that he would have used, eliminating most of the boxes. The writers would have put that in to show a pattern to folks who haven't read the books and are new to the series. I enjoyed the 3 episodes out as I can suspend reality for action movies. Sounds like you didn't.
You don't have to suspend reality with good writing. And you can write in intuitiveness and the ability to access a situation quickly and not have dog shit writing. It is the difference between good writers on a show and shit writers on a show.

The next two episodes were a bit better than the first but the first one was horrible.
Old 12-16-2023, 12:05 PM   #115
New and Improved

Quote:
Spoiler!

It's shit like that that just kills a show/movie for me.
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-18-2023, 09:56 AM   #116
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
The show is fun to watch, but yeah the writing is just outright awful in some parts. Too much goofy cliched nonsense.

Like when he was a kid, his entire family called him by his last name? LOL. The constant "Big guy" references. The absurd way he makes a bunch of assumptions in tracking down people and things. Definitely a lot of cringe.
Yeah - this isn't a show that needs an Academy Award winning screenplay or anything, but boy - this is pretty rough.

It's doing that network television detective show shit where they are just WAY too omniscient in their guesswork. I hate that shit. "Well he has gin in his fridge {insert 7 degrees of nonsense}...HE'S HIDING IN A YURT IN ANTARCTICA!!!"

Too many massive stretch plot devices so far. It's dumb even by dumb entertainment standards. I hope it improves.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-18-2023, 10:01 AM   #117
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Did you ever watch Sherlock?

The difference here is the difference between good episodes of Sherlock and bad ones.

Obviously Holmes intuition is essentially the entire character. And when they had a great episode (Reichenbach) they demonstrated it in a fairly natural manner; definitely gripping if nothing else. But when it's bad, they just hammer it in there (His Last Vow).

I understand the need to do it as that's part of the character. But there's a way to do it well and better written shows have. Hell, this one did it better last season. Thus far it's just been forced in, IMO.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-18-2023, 10:26 AM   #118
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Did you ever watch Sherlock?

The difference here is the difference between good episodes of Sherlock and bad ones.

Obviously Holmes intuition is essentially the entire character. And when they had a great episode (Reichenbach) they demonstrated it in a fairly natural manner; definitely gripping if nothing else. But when it's bad, they just hammer it in there (His Last Vow).

I understand the need to do it as that's part of the character. But there's a way to do it well and better written shows have. Hell, this one did it better last season. Thus far it's just been forced in, IMO.
As, I said before, I think they are spoon feeding it early, but I still find it entertaining, like most action movies. I still remember Mel Gibson chasing Gary Bussey in a car on foot in Lethal Weapon for blocks and catching him entering the freeway, yet it was still entertaining.
Old 12-18-2023, 12:12 PM   #119
sorta mod-ish

I laughed out loud when Robert Patrick said "Who gives a shit??" when he was asked who Sarah Connor was.

This show ain't Shakespeare in the Park, but it's like a big sloppy cheeseburger when you're starving and don't want to eat healthy.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 07:39 AM   #120
New and Improved

This latest episode was as bad as a 70's cop show or the old westerns.

Spoiler!

JFC