Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-27-2017, 07:19 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****

IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!

Last edited by Dante84; 05-17-2017 at 09:40 AM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2020, 01:20 PM   #28081
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
Rob Nincompoop

HEY ROB CHECK THIS OUT

Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 01:26 PM   #28082
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andoverer View Post
If I was Boulevard, right now this very minute I'd start developing a new light beer and call it Mahomes Magic. Then they could
Wrap a new can around Zima and call it White Claw. Wait, they did that. Maybe put it in a red can with Pat's face and number on it.

$1gazillion.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2020, 01:29 PM   #28083
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superturtle View Post
Pretty clearly a paid advertisement. Hell, if you pay me enough ****ing RC Cola will taste good.
Heh. Reminds me of the Booty Sweat in Tropic Thunder...
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2020, 01:32 PM   #28084
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Nah. He doesn’t need to worry about money from ads. He’s already repping like 10 different brands and clearly doesn’t need the money.

Tell that piss beer company to **** off and start repping Boulevard damnit!
You don't like Colorado beer so instead you want him to rep a Netherlands beer?
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-09-2020, 02:09 PM   #28085
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi View Post
You don't like Colorado beer so instead you want him to rep a Netherlands beer?
I think it's more he doesn't like watery cheap mega beer companies, so instead he wants Pat to rep widely-distributed-higher-quality-but-not-as-popular beer companies instead.

If Pat signed a deal with New Belgium, I'm sure people would be fine with that. I don't know why Pat would, but at least the product is decent compared to Coors.

Pat has a bigger problem than Coors, I think. He needs to get out of those State Farm commercials. God, those things are horrible.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2020, 02:13 PM   #28086
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Oof. Rare L from Pat. Quit repping this trash Denver piss beer

Come on Pat, Coors Light? You can do better.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2020, 02:22 PM   #28087
Banned

eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2020, 03:44 PM   #28088
Kind of a mod

I'm still just not convinced that Jackson will hold up physically. If you ignore that, you can TRY to make the argument that Jackson could be more dynamic (if you think the run game can open up everything else), but it's sure hard for me to ignore the injury possibilities.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2020, 03:46 PM   #28089
Time Keeps On Slipping

Maybe things change, but as of right now, if you're given a choice of any young quarterback for a new franchise or an existing one, picking Lamar over Pat is asinine.
Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 07-09-2020, 03:48 PM   #28090
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
I'm still just not convinced that Jackson will hold up physically. If you ignore that, you can TRY to make the argument that Jackson could be more dynamic (if you think the run game can open up everything else), but it's sure hard for me to ignore the injury possibilities.
He doesn't get hit hard that often.

But where I'd worry as a Ravens fan is that sudden cut where the knee just doesn't hold up.

I don't think a hit will be what ultimately gives him his first major injury. It'll be some kind of non-contact thing. A foot will slip/stick while cutting and that'll be that for the year. And when that happens, he'll probably never run with the same confidence again.

He just doesn't have that compact, powerful build that RBs do that allows them to make those quick cuts relatively safely. He's longer; he's all legs and levers and he's willing to make some awfully aggressive moves to get himself into space.

As you noted - some guys are just freaks and maybe he's one of 'em. But most guys that do those kinds of unpredictable hard stabs, especially with their center of gravity a little higher like Jacksons will be, are going to be prone to that one bad step.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2020, 03:51 PM   #28091
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pants View Post
Maybe things change, but as of right now, if you're given a choice of any young quarterback for a new franchise or an existing one, picking Lamar over Pat is asinine.
Of course. But someone always has to be the contrarian. Everyone is ****ed for a long time. We'll see more of this kind of thing. We are already at the the point where Lock is going to surpass Mahomes and the best. Let that sink in for a bit.
Old 07-09-2020, 03:51 PM   #28092
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pants View Post
If you think that Lamar's style will have him out of gas by 30ish, you can make a pretty strong case for Wilson over Jackson, 9 year age-difference be damned. Watson would be the other obvious candidate.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2020, 03:52 PM   #28093
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
He doesn't get hit hard that often.

But where I'd worry as a Ravens fan is that sudden cut where the knee just doesn't hold up.

I don't think a hit will be what ultimately gives him his first major injury. It'll be some kind of non-contact thing. A foot will slip/stick while cutting and that'll be that for the year. And when that happens, he'll probably never run with the same confidence again.

He just doesn't have that compact, powerful build that RBs do that allows them to make those quick cuts relatively safely. He's longer; he's all legs and levers and he's willing to make some awfully aggressive moves to get himself into space.

As you noted - some guys are just freaks and maybe he's one of 'em. But most guys that do those kinds of unpredictable hard stabs, especially with their center of gravity a little higher like Jacksons will be, are going to be prone to that one bad step.
Yep, the juke moves might be a bigger threat for injury with Lamar. Deshaun Watson messed up his knee with no physical contact during practice. All it takes is one weird step to mess up an ankle or knee.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 07-09-2020, 03:52 PM   #28094
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
If you think that Lamar's style will have him out of gas by 30ish, you can make a pretty strong case for Wilson over Jackson, 9 year age-difference be damned. Watson would be the other obvious candidate.
I don’t want Jackson to lead my franchise because he hasn’t shown the ability to throw outside the hashes and he folds in the playoffs.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2020, 03:59 PM   #28095
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
I don’t want Jackson to lead my franchise because he hasn’t shown the ability to throw outside the hashes and he folds in the playoffs.
There is zero chance Lamar hits Watkins in stride down 3 in the Super Bowl like Patrick did. If the Ravens ever did themselves into a hole (like they did against the Titans). They need a way to climb out - I don’t see that on their current roster (which, in a way, is how I always felt about the Alex Smith led offenses in KC).
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.