Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-27-2017, 07:19 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****

IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!

Last edited by Dante84; 05-17-2017 at 09:40 AM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-11-2020, 09:33 AM   #27391
It was not a fair catch

Cant find the tweet.
PM said he was disappointed about not getting to go to the masters.

Then people started jumping on him because he was insensitive.

People-FU. If you know anything about him-he was sad-but donated A LOT of money to help people get through this.

DONT MESS WITH OUR QB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-11-2020, 02:00 PM   #27392
World's Best Boss

What a moment. If I recall correctly Tiger and your typical crowd of Alex Smith diehards were gloating because Patrick just threw an interception. This play alone caused the Smith truefans to clear out in a hurry.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 02:10 PM   #27393
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post

What a moment. If I recall correctly Tiger and your typical crowd of Alex Smith diehards were gloating because Patrick just threw an interception. This play alone caused the Smith truefans to clear out in a hurry.
That penalty was shitty.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-11-2020, 03:31 PM   #27394
I’m a Mahomo!

*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...worth-the-risk

Top 5 transcendent NFL QBs; is Tua Tagovailoa worth the risk?

Quote:
Former NFL player and scout Bucky Brooks knows the ins and outs of this league, providing keen insight in his notebook. The topics of this edition include:

-- Is QB prospect Tua Tagovailoa worth the risk?
-- The offseason move that could put the Saints over the top.

But first, a look at the top transcendent quarterback talents in the NFL right now ...
As the 2020 NFL Draft draws closer, we will hear several executives, general managers and head coaches express their desire to find a franchise quarterback in this draft. Although most evaluators hope their QB1s are transcendent talents capable of thriving in any situation or circumstance, there are only a handful of signal-callers with the skills to perform at an exceptional level without an elite supporting cast or specific scheme.

That's why grades on quarterbacks differ despite what production and win-loss records might suggest. The transcendent superstars at the position erase organizational mistakes, coaching flaws and personnel shortcomings to excel in their current situations. These players can step in as the QB1 on Day 1 without the coaching staff needing to radically overhaul its playbook or dramatically upgrade its personnel on the perimeter or in the trenches. The transcendent quarterbacks in the league don't require much to succeed and their performances stand out in every situation.

With that in mind, here's my list of the top five transcendent QB talents in the NFL today:

Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City Chiefs:

The reigning Super Bowl MVP has captivated the football world with his off-platform throws and no-look passes, but the scouting community is smitten with his rare talent as an electrifying playmaker inside and outside of the pocket. Mahomes has shown exceptional athleticism, balance, body control and arm strength whipping the ball while moving to and away from his targets. In the pocket, No. 15 shows outstanding discipline, poise and awareness when he opts to pick apart a defense with an assortment of timely rhythm throws. Although some observers have suggested that Mahomes benefits from playing with a track team on the outside featuring All-Pro-caliber playmakers (Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce), we've seen the Chiefs' offense surge after he replaced Alex Smith as the team's QB1. The creative mind of Andy Reid has certainly helped enhance No. 15's game, but watching his work as a collegian under another NFL head coach (Kliff Kingsbury) suggests that he would thrive in any situation.

Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks:

In the Pacific Northwest, the "Let Russ cook" movement is sparked by the 12s who appreciate Wilson's skills as a magical playmaker. Wilson has grown from unheralded game manager to an annual Pro Bowler during an eight-year run that's seen him chalk up eight winning seasons and seven playoff berths, including a Super Bowl win. Most impressively, he has done it by elevating an offense anchored by an assortment of cast-offs, misfits and undrafted free agents on the perimeter. Skeptics have argued that he's benefitted from playing with one of the best defenses in NFL history, but No. 3 has shown the football world his capacity to carry the team by compiling a 100:23 TD-to-INT ratio over the past three seasons while enduring a roster upheaval. Given the Seahawks' enduring commitment to the run-heavy offensive philosophy, Wilson will continue to earn high marks for his ability to do more with less in Seattle.

Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers:

The two-time MVP has relinquished his title as the unconquerable force at the position, but he remains one of the most feared players in the game. Rodgers' unique combination of athletic arrogance, A+ arm talent and dazzling improvisational skills drives defenders crazy, but it's his high football IQ that torments defensive coordinators. No. 12 has shown the football world his capacity to win games in a variety of different ways and his quick assimilation into Matt LaFleur's system showcased the diversity of his game. Although Rodgers has lost a little bit of the magic that put him in the G.O.A.T. conversation, he still dominates the game when needed.

Deshaun Watson, Houston Texans:

The fourth-year pro has led the Texans to back-to-back division titles while displaying a remarkably polished game as a dual-threat quarterback. Watson has carved up defenses with surgical precision despite playing in an ill-fitting scheme that doesn't necessarily suit his talents. Although Bill O'Brien briefly installed a collegiate-like scheme that helped the Texans light up the scoreboard like a pinball machine during No. 4's rookie season, the two-time Pro Bowler has spent most of his time overcoming poor play calls and personnel gaffes (see: Duane Brown trade) from the Texans' football czar. With the team electing to trade away one of the NFL's best pass catchers in DeAndre Hopkins this offseason, the football world will get another chance to see Watson work miracles in H-Town.

Matthew Stafford, Detroit Lions:

You can roll your eyes and snicker at the sight of the 12th-year pro being included on this list, but the Lions' QB1 is a fantastic talent who rivals some of the elites at the position. Stafford has the arm talent to make every throw in the book, and he has a catalog of off-platform throws that is on par with the top guy on the list (Mahomes). While some point to Stafford's sub-.500 record (69-79-1) as an indictment of his game, No. 9 has shown clutch ability (28 fourth-quarterback comeback wins) and resilience while thriving without a premier running back or consistent running game throughout his career. Considering Stafford has also had to overcome the constant turnover of the coaching staff, it is not a surprise that the Lions' record hasn't matched their QB1's talent.

What about Lamar Jackson?

The 2019 NFL MVP is unquestionably one of the most electrifying playmakers to enter the league in years, and defensive coordinators are enduring sleepless nights while attempting to come up with game plans to slow down the Ravens' QB1. As an explosive athlete with dynamic running skills and playmaking ability, Jackson has taken the league by storm as an option quarterback with potent passing skills. That said, No. 8 isn't a perfect fit for every offense, and the Ravens' radical overhaul of their offensive system was needed to accommodate his unique set of skills. That certainly doesn't diminish Jackson's accomplishments, but it's why I don't currently view him as a transcendent quarterback. He's not a perfect fit for every system -- some traditional offensive coordinators would have a tough time crafting game plans that would fit his talents as a mobile playmaker.
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-11-2020, 04:14 PM   #27395
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
That penalty was shitty.
He got called for twerking in Atlanta of all places.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-11-2020, 07:12 PM   #27396
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven View Post
This. Their generation does not view marriage as important, and given the fact that they both come from broken homes...well...can't really blame them I guess.
Troof. I don't even understand the point of getting married. Outdated custom.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-12-2020, 10:55 AM   #27397
I'll be back.

ONE MILLION VIEWS on the Mahomes draft day video

Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-12-2020, 12:56 PM   #27398
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
Troof. I don't even understand the point of getting married. Outdated custom.
Heh. All I can say is
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-13-2020, 10:23 AM   #27399
I'll be back.

Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-13-2020, 12:41 PM   #27400
BAMF!

I almost lost two friends over my excitement for Mahomes on draft day. I never shit too hard on Alex Smith, but I would always lay blame where it was deserved after Alex came up short in games. I told them how it was going to be, and they got pissy. Needless to say, they have seen the errors of their ways. I did not expect what has come, per se, but I did expect to be a much more competitive team with a chance at championships. I was expecting Mahomes to be prime Favre-like but in the modern passing era. I was wrong! He is unmatched. A complete outlier. Our outlier!
bowener has disabled reputation
Old 04-13-2020, 01:31 PM   #27401
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowener View Post
I almost lost two friends over my excitement for Mahomes on draft day. I never shit too hard on Alex Smith, but I would always lay blame where it was deserved after Alex came up short in games. I told them how it was going to be, and they got pissy. Needless to say, they have seen the errors of their ways. I did not expect what has come, per se, but I did expect to be a much more competitive team with a chance at championships. I was expecting Mahomes to be prime Favre-like but in the modern passing era. I was wrong! He is unmatched. A complete outlier. Our outlier!
Despite the Titans 2017 playoff game, a baffling number of my friends thought Alex “earned” one more year and that Mahomes “could benefit” from one more year on the bench. Almost got unfriended by one friend when I put the Titans loss (mostly) at Alex’s feet.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-13-2020, 01:41 PM   #27402
Settle this once and forever

Alex was just not going to get the job done. He capped us at Divisional Round losers.

He had strong defenses, good running games, insane special teams, great offensive weapons. It didn't matter. The dude couldn't get us over the hump.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-13-2020, 01:48 PM   #27403
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
Despite the Titans 2017 playoff game, a baffling number of my friends thought Alex “earned” one more year and that Mahomes “could benefit” from one more year on the bench. Almost got unfriended by one friend when I put the Titans loss (mostly) at Alex’s feet.
The 2017 season was a case study in a game manager holding back a championship-caliber roster.

When Alex was at his best they were capable of beating anyone, but he wasn't at his best when they needed him most, far too often.

This franchise and fanbase has learned their lesson, finally, via the glory of Mahomes.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 01:48 PM   #27404
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
Alex was just not going to get the job done. He capped us at Divisional Round losers.

He had strong defenses, good running games, insane special teams, great offensive weapons. It didn't matter. The dude couldn't get us over the hump.
He just couldn’t let it all hang out.
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-13-2020, 02:40 PM   #27405
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Random memory, but I remember after one of his earliest games, maybe the 2nd game of 2018 or so against the 49ers, my wife asked me how the game went. I distinctly remember pausing a moment to gather myself, and then saying, "This guy is different. This is not something we've ever seen before." And my goodness, I was right. It's amazing how our fortunes changed.
I KNEW the moment in the 1st preseason game his rookie year when he ran backwards and threw the ball to Robinson against the Titans 40-50 yards down field.

That throw against Denver (while running backwards) to Robinson (I think his first start that year) was the icing on the cake.

I remember telling my uncle we'll win the Superbowl if Alex Smith gets hurt (unfortunately, we lost to the fuggin Titans because Alex Smith was gun shy because of the pass rush). Alex got hurt 2 years too late.

Not as bitter anymore as sat on the 50 YL and watched the Chiefs win the first Superbowl in my life.
wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.