Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-30-2021, 07:05 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

*****The Nick Bolton Thread*****

More to come!

Quote:
Bolton played in all 13 games as a true freshman (22 tackles, one sack) after earning Dallas Morning News first-team all-state honors at Lone Star High School (130 tackles, 16 for loss, five interceptions). He went from promising youngster to SEC star in 2019, earning first-team all-conference honors after leading the league with 8.9 tackles per game (107 total, 7.5 for loss), intercepting two passes and breaking up eight others in 12 starts. He was named second-team Associated Press All-American, first-team All-SEC and a Butkus Award finalist in 2020, leading his defense with 95 tackles and 7.5 tackles for loss (including two sacks), while breaking up five passes in 10 starts. Bolton's father, Carlos, played football at Louisiana Tech. -- by Chad Reuter

Overview
When you think about strong, forceful inside linebackers, Bolton is the type of player you might be envisioning. He's going to fall below typical NFL starter standards from a size standpoint, but his rugged frame and forceful demeanor help make up for it. Play recognition and pursuit instincts help carry him to the football and he's a message-sending striker when he gets the runner squared up. He has functional short-area burst between the tackles but will struggle to run down the outside run if he's not close enough to the action. He will need to lean heavier on his instincts to help speed him up because of size and speed limitations. Bolton plays with good field recognition when dropping into zone and has a history of making plays on the football in coverage. He's a three-down linebacker who can make an immediate contribution on special teams and has the potential to become a future starter.
Strengths
  • Very tough with a physical edge.
  • Plays with demeanor teams look for in the middle.
  • Field-savvy with instincts to diagnose misdirection.
  • Identifies and communicates.
  • Heavy hands with good pop to take on blocks.
  • Pursues ball-carrier with patience and leverage.
  • Fluid alterations to his pursuit angles.
  • Excellent feel for attack timing downhill.
  • Meets runners with violent collisions in the hole.
  • Strikes like he's trying to send a message.
  • Great awareness and ballhawking as spot dropper.
  • Has enough man-cover talent to play on all three downs.
  • Thrived on kick- and punt-cover teams early in his career.
Weaknesses
  • Average lateral quickness traps him behind climbing blocks.
  • Inconsistent to strike and separate from blockers.
  • Needs to improve angles to elude box traffic.
  • Might need to take a few more chances as a pro.
  • Top-end speed appears below average.
  • Loses ground when pursuit flows wide.
  • Below-average lateral agility as open-field tackler.
  • Will have to play quicker to deal with NFL slashers.

Last edited by Dante84; 04-30-2021 at 09:26 PM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-10-2023, 09:33 AM   #886
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi View Post
I kind of disagree Gay will be gone. It seems pretty trendy to assume that but unless he has anymore off the field stuff I think he's staying
Yeah, he brings a lot of value with his speed. Him forcing Hurts to throw it away on a third down late in the SB was huge. That made Philly punt which set up Toney for the longest PR in SB history.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 07-10-2023, 09:35 AM   #887
__

Gay just seems like a player you want on your team, right?

Huge and physical, fantastic athlete, infectious energy. Just seems like a guy you'd want on your team.

That being said... I fear he's about to be supplanted.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 09:41 AM   #888
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post

Huge and physical, fantastic athlete, infectious energy. Just seems like a guy you'd want on your team.

By who?
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 07-10-2023, 09:46 AM   #889
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chieftain View Post
A buddy of mine is a Chargers fan and he mentioned Tranquill being slow in pass coverage. He got burnt by Kelce in the last game we played San Diego.
We are very deep at LB so I'm not too worried but it's still an interesting observation.
Lol wut?

That's Tranquill's strength. Sounds like your buddy has completely unrealistic expectations for LBs in pass coverage.

Also, there's not a single LB that can cover Kelce.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 09:48 AM   #890
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post

I think Tranquil really ends up in the Niemen role. Maybe im wrong but i just dont see him pushing willie out all the time. Gay is such a ****ing specimen. And its not like hes been just terrible.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 07-10-2023, 09:54 AM   #891
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
I think Tranquil really ends up in the Niemen role. Maybe im wrong but i just dont see him pushing willie out all the time. Gay is such a ****ing specimen. And its not like hes been just terrible.
Tranquill is only making $3 million, that screams role player, plus he basically said as much in the recent article talking about Andy recruiting him.

That said, he'll be amazing in the Niemann role, it was tailor made for him.
Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-10-2023, 09:57 AM   #892
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
One of the two will be had for under market value next year, simply because they will cannibalize tackles from each other.
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 09:59 AM   #893
Going home eventually

We will not be keeping Gay and Bolton. One of them will not get the big deal. Probably Gay moving on.
Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-10-2023, 10:05 AM   #894
MVP

Tranquil could be here to hurt Gays pass coverage snaps and drive down his market value...? Conspiracy, but Vart Beach plays 4d chess.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 07-21-2023, 08:54 AM   #895
I'll be back.

wow

Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-21-2023, 09:02 AM   #896
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
wow

In my head I wouldnt expect him that high, then you look at the list and its kind of like yeah that makes a lot of sense.
Old 07-21-2023, 09:36 AM   #897
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Watch Nick Bolton be the DPOY
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-21-2023, 09:39 AM   #898
Special Teams ACE!!!

Man is it me or is Matt Milano massively overrated around the NFL?
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 09:45 AM   #899
The Priest and I

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
Man is it me or is Matt Milano massively overrated around the NFL?
It’s just you. Buffalo’s defense is on a different level when Milano is on the field. He does everything very well.
TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 10:02 AM   #900
Veteran

Ehhhh. This might be the first time I’ve ever seen Bolton overrated. I would think closer to 90 until he can improve in coverage. Yes, I just took a madden ranking seriously

I completely forgot Anthony Hitchens existed until scrolling back in this thread. Man he was a bum. One of Veach’s biggest misses

Now back to homer glasses on. IF Bolton can take a step against the pass, and if George can improve off his rookie year… am I crazy to think we could have a top 7-8 defense?

Edit: I see now that was a fake madden ranking
Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.