Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-02-2009, 09:59 AM  
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

And so the "Matt Cassel to KC" Rumors Begin...

As if they hadn't started already...

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/f...&position=also

Matt Cassel draws interest

TAMPA - They might not have been one of the two Super Bowl participants last night, but the Patriots [team stats] still generated a lot of talk on Radio Row during the week.

With Matt Cassel making the rounds, there was plenty of speculation on how much interest he would draw should the Pats apply the franchise tag and then trade him.

The pundits’ top pick to land Cassel in that scenario is Kansas City. Obviously, the Scott Pioli factor weighs heavily in that choice, with the Pats former vice president of player personnel now calling the shots for the Chiefs.

“I’d really look at Pioli down there in Kansas City. Why wouldn’t he want him?” Sirius NFL radio analyst Jim Miller said. “He knows what the kid is capable of doing. So I think he’d be on their radar.”

Miller, like most analysts, doesn’t see the crop of quarterbacks in this year’s NFL Draft as particularly appealing. That boosts the draw for Cassel, especially if Pioli decides he’s not satisfied with the collection of QBs he inherited after taking over the job.

“I don’t think this is a strong quarterback draft. Everybody is saying Matthew Stafford of Georgia and Mark Sanchez of USC are going to go in the Top 10. I don’t believe that,” Miller said. “I don’t think those guys are ready. And I don’t think you’ll see the type of success guys like Matt Ryan or Joe Flacco had. They just haven’t played enough. So I can’t see teams wanting them.

“But if Kansas (City) were to make that deal, that’s their Matt Ryan. That’s their Joe Flacco. Unlike a Sanchez, for instance, they know he’s playing at a starter’s level. So to them, I think it’d be worth it to do. They’d get their starting quarterback, they know what he’s capable of doing, and they’ve seen him win games at the NFL level.”

Other experts, meanwhile, aren’t sure Pioli would want to deal with his former boss right out of the gate.

Some other teams figuring to make a pitch for Cassel include the New York Jets, Detroit, Minnesota, San Francisco, Carolina, Tampa Bay and Chicago.

As for what Cassel would land in a trade, there were differing opinions. Miller, for one, thought he would cost a second-round draft choice.

The decision to trade or keep Cassel will ultimately depend on Tom Brady [stats]’s health. While reports have him on target to play in the season opener, he still has a few hurdles to clear before that point following reconstructive surgery on his left knee and a subsequent staph infection.

“I think a lot is going to depend on where Kevin O’Connell is in his development. If they feel they can move Matt to benefit their team, they’ll do it,” said Miller, a one-time Pats backup quarterback. “It’s rolling the dice on Tom and whether he’s healthy, and two, can they do it with Kevin O’Connell? The question they have to ask is if O’Connell is as capable of what they have in Matt Cassel?”
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:03 PM   #511
New and Improved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
must....resist...temptation....to neg because reasons....gahhhh....
It's mandatory
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:04 PM   #512
Bring it on Ahab!

Quote:
must....resist...temptation....to neg because reasons....gahhhh....
Negged for REASONS!

WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:05 PM   #513
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx View Post
and you are repping him right back. what, because it isn't "neg rep" you are being cool about things? read what you wrote... just because there is a green dot next to it doesn't mean you aren't being "a ****ing riot" yourself.
Don't worry; I put him/her on ignore.

Definitely won't be missed on my end.
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:08 PM   #514
left blank intentionally

Ain't no sound but the sound of his feet...
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:11 PM   #515
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale View Post
Negged for REASONS!

GAAAAAH YOU MOTHER****ER

via GIPHY

ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:15 PM   #516
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDj23 View Post
This thread and everything to do with Cassel and dickface pioli should be exorcised from this board.
HARD COSIGN
Old 09-19-2018, 05:16 PM   #517
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabblerouser View Post
Don't worry; I put him/her on ignore.
"Ignore" is basically a Safe Space.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:34 PM   #518
left blank intentionally

Quote:
GAAAAAH YOU MOTHER****ER

via GIPHY

Oh I can take a negative rep, of which I have received many...

But...**** corksucka. That little bitch is nothing more than a snowflake that has many screws loose.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:38 PM   #519
left blank intentionally

Quote:
When I feel like wading into the Thunderdome, I'll go to DC. The only way I take corksucka off ignore is if s/he agrees to meet me in DC.

We'll see who knows how to do simple math...

That neg rep shit is for pussies. Post how you feel on the board.

Don't be a pussy.

It's not hard
Old 09-19-2018, 05:38 PM   #520
left blank intentionally

Like, I'm trying to be compliant with the mods rules and to keep that shit in DC.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:44 PM   #521
The Demon Preacher

Quote:
Like, I'm trying to be compliant with the mods rules and to keep that shit in DC.
Are you though?

You blow into this thread with... "It's a 9 year old thread, dipshit."

How is this keeping that shit in DC and compliant with mods?

I don't have a dog in this race but step back and look at the pushback you are getting from pretty much everyone on this.
Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:45 PM   #522
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
And a useless one at that. Other people are bound to quote whoever you're trying to ignore, because the kind of people you want to ignore are the kind of people that other people argue with. Plus, that's just how we roll.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:49 PM   #523
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx View Post
Are you though?

You blow into this thread with... "It's a 9 year old thread, dipshit."

How is this keeping that shit in DC and compliant with mods?

I don't have a dog in this race but step back and look at the pushback you are getting from pretty much everyone on this.
Well, you can't please everyone all the time...
Old 09-19-2018, 05:51 PM   #524
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
And a useless one at that. Other people are bound to quote whoever you're trying to ignore, because the kind of people you want to ignore are the kind of people that other people argue with. Plus, that's just how we roll.
It DOES keep snowflake corksucka from neg repping my football posts all over the board with anti-Trump rants...

So there's THAT.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:54 PM   #525
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
It DOES keep snowflake corksucka from neg repping my football posts all over the board with anti-Trump rants...

So there's THAT.
Well, actually it doesn't. It just prevents you from seeing them.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.