Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 06-27-2016, 11:23 AM  
Kind of a mod

Investing megathread extravaganza

A place to talk about investing stuff.

Last edited by DaFace; 02-19-2021 at 06:35 PM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-31-2020, 05:10 PM   #4351
TACO SALAD

Quote:
Unemployment will shoot up to 15 percent during the second quarter of the year, while gross domestic product (GDP) will fall at an annualized rate of 34 percent as the coronavirus pandemic ripples through the U.S. economy, according to forecasts Goldman Sachs released Tuesday.

The new outlook shows a deeper recession than an analysis from the investment bank last week, which predicted 9 percent unemployment and an economic trough showing a 24 percent decline.

Goldman Sachs is still predicting a "V-shape" recovery, however, meaning the steep drop-off will lead to a bigger bounce of 19 percent in the third quarter.

"Our estimates imply that a bit more than half of the near-term output decline is made up by yearend and that real GDP falls 6.2% in 2020 on an annual-average basis (vs. 3.7% in our previous forecast)," the forecast said
Goldman Sachs new projections for Q2 drop from -24% GDP to -34%. Somehow they still have us shooting right back up with +19% Q3 GDP. I get we had a lot of stimulus but it's hard to imagine bouncing back to that level. I'd have been happy if we bounced back to flat growth.
ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 03-31-2020, 08:20 PM   #4352
Mod Team

Looking for bluechip stocks with PE ratios that are lower. Where can I find a searchable list?
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-31-2020, 08:42 PM   #4353
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Looking for bluechip stocks with PE ratios that are lower. Where can I find a searchable list?
Most brokerage sites have a stock screener tool. What do you use?
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 08:47 PM   #4354
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Most brokerage sites have a stock screener tool. What do you use?
TD Ameritrade.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-31-2020, 08:50 PM   #4355
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
TD Ameritrade.
Oh. I don't use that one, so I can't help you there. But I bet it's got one, usually under "research" or some such header. They won't usually filter on things like "blue chip", but in my various accounts I can filter for things like revenue and dividend paid and a million other things like eps growth, p/e, book value, and other stuff.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 07:17 AM   #4356
Mod Team

End of week could get ugly with unemployment numbers.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:29 AM   #4357
"You like to drink?"

Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:33 AM   #4358
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
What's everyone's feeling on Disney?

What do we think will be the first industries to get back to full operations?

Gyms, movie theaters, airlines and cruise companies will probably be the last
My financial advisor thought Disney was a good buy at this point....no major insight as to why other than current market price
mililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-01-2020, 09:34 AM   #4359
Veteran

Quote:
End of week could get ugly with unemployment numbers.
will not be pretty, but may provide for more opportunities as the numbers should significantly decline once PPP funding occurs
mililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-01-2020, 09:43 AM   #4360
Mahomes or GTFO

Not usually a penny stock trader unless it looks like a flyer and this one does.

ADMP:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/adami...130010536.html

Currently trading at just .43 cents but taking off in a hurry. Get in now if you feel like it.

Just started making medical grade hand sanitizer for hospitals, etc.
Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-01-2020, 10:25 AM   #4361
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
What's everyone's feeling on Disney?

What do we think will be the first industries to get back to full operations?

Gyms, movie theaters, airlines and cruise companies will probably be the last

My thinking right now is restaurants. People in general may forego that expensive trip for awhile but will go out for a sit down dinner a few miles from home just to get out and away when this all blows over and employment starts to come back and they get that first full check. Just my thoughts though. I've been wrong before.
johnny961 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.johnny961 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.johnny961 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.johnny961 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.johnny961 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.johnny961 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.johnny961 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.johnny961 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.johnny961 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.johnny961 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.johnny961 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 04-01-2020, 10:35 AM   #4362
He's Mahomie!

Quote:
This one isn't for PE ratios but it's a great resource for dividends...

dividendinvestor.com
MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-01-2020, 10:37 AM   #4363
He's Mahomie!

Speaking of great dividends I just bought KOL. 17% dividends. Wow.

Also bought USO. Oil won't get much cheaper than this.

Both longterm plays.
MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-01-2020, 10:56 AM   #4364
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongside View Post
Not usually a penny stock trader unless it looks like a flyer and this one does.

ADMP:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/adami...130010536.html

Currently trading at just .43 cents but taking off in a hurry. Get in now if you feel like it.

Just started making medical grade hand sanitizer for hospitals, etc.
IN!!!!!!
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 11:20 AM   #4365
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny961 View Post
My thinking right now is restaurants. People in general may forego that expensive trip for awhile but will go out for a sit down dinner a few miles from home just to get out and away when this all blows over and employment starts to come back and they get that first full check. Just my thoughts though. I've been wrong before.
Long Darden cuz Ma and Pop shops are probably screwed.
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.