Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2015, 03:48 PM  
Has a particular set of skills

What are you Smoking/Grilling/BBQ'ing this weekend?

What are you up to this weekend?

I finally gave up on my smoker and decided to get a new smoker. I went with a bigger model but less tech. Yes, its a cheater electric smoker. My 3rd one. I need more space to cook, I don't need help getting my smoke and temp right.

I've also never used injection for flavor except for pork butt or other big cuts of meat. I decided to give it a try. I developed my own injection. Basically like the other recipes you have out on the internet but I'm putting the rub in the injection and using sirracchi.

Full results not in yet but my son and I think its the best sausage we have ever had.

No sauce. Marinated the meat overnight. Injected the meat. Slow cooked the ribs and chicken. Baste it with a combo of butter and apple juice. Using a combination of Apple, Mesquite, Cherry and Hickory wood.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11539678_10205518593098849_7496287094654554585_n.jpg
Views:	6373
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	110157   Click image for larger version

Name:	11204917_10205518655060398_84193330748835473_n.jpg
Views:	5973
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	110158   Click image for larger version

Name:	11403311_10205518654740390_5737794009802538289_n.jpg
Views:	6370
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	110159   Click image for larger version

Name:	11060263_10205518594938895_5571454432064515726_n.jpg
Views:	6292
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	110160  
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-21-2020, 11:41 AM   #2236
MVP

smoked 1/3lb frozen burgers followed by a 850 degree searg
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-31-2020, 07:15 PM   #2237
Indian Twitter

I've never tried any or smoked any but today I ordered in some Kurobuta Spare Ribs from SRF. Should be here on the 10th. I held off on the Wagyu Brisket but there's a local guy pretty close that raises some Wagyu so I called him and he's supposed to call me when he has a brisket ready. He said two weeks.
philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 04-09-2020, 01:05 PM   #2238
Mod Team

I know I asked this somewhere but can’t find the posts!

Finally got a pork belly at Costco. Plan on doing pork belly burnt ends this Saturday but need to know the steps.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-09-2020, 01:17 PM   #2239
MVP

Our Son bought us a "Ninja indoor grill" 3 months back - I couldn't get out to use the smoker/grill. It has been on our counter sine we got it. Last night, I decided to test it out. Boy Howdy!!

Made 1/2 pound burgers from KC Steak and KC Strips 10 oz each. And son-of-a-gun if they weren't great! Good grill marks and with the seasoning that came with the burgers (steak seasoning), not as good as the grill - but not far off...I highly recommend this contraption. Oh, air fried fries as well - they came out great.
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-09-2020, 01:22 PM   #2240
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by burt View Post
Be kind. First thing I ever smoked...brisket flat. Pretty tasty...very tender.

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using Tapatalk
Looks like you sliced too soon.

There's a LOT of juice in that pan. If you don't let a brisket rest for an hour before you slice it, as soon as you do so the juices will run out and you'll end up with amazing brisket for about 10 minutes but anything that isn't sliced/eaten immediately will end up dry as shoe leather shortly thereafter.

Found that out the hard way. Used to blame the size of the brisket but it really does come down to the rest period. All that juice in your pan should've stayed in your meat.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 01:26 PM   #2241
In Search of a Life

Brisket should be wrapped tightly in a cooler for hours after a smoke and sliced on demand.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-09-2020, 01:29 PM   #2242

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
Brisket should be wrapped tightly in a cooler for hours after a smoke and sliced on demand.
Yup. I try to do 2 hours in foil sitting in a cooler with towels on top and bottom, but if all you can do is sit it on a countertop for an hour, that'll do.

Won't be quite as tender that way but it'll be a lot less dry.

Briskets are perfect for tailgating because they take just enough time to do overnight and in the morning you wrap 'em up, pack 'em in and by the time you're ready to slice/eat, they've rested about the perfect amount of time.

But if you've got juice pouring out of them like it appears to have done in that picture, you know you've gone awry somehow.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-09-2020, 01:33 PM   #2243
In Search of a Life

I generally shoot for 4 and have it wrapped in foil and towels.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-09-2020, 01:35 PM   #2244
BOOM!1!

My wife got all the necessary accessories to turn our Weber grill into a smoker and oh my.

I've done two briskets, and just did pork chops this past Sunday. Best chops I've ever had.

Not sure if I'm smoking anything for this Sunday or not.
Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-09-2020, 01:40 PM   #2245

Did 4 slabs of ribs and two bone-in, skin on turkey breasts last weekend (injected them with cajun/creole butter first).

I cannot emphasize strongly enough how !@#$ing good smoked turkey breasts are. They're big enough that you can get out kitchen sheers and cut them through the breastplate and freeze them individually for meals. So the 2 full breasts yield 4 frozen portions that make a full dinner for a family of 5 (and maybe a lunch or two later).

It's not often I can have 4 slabs of spare ribs on a smoker and be more excited about what else I have on there.

Someone mentioned coffee rub - Weber makes a solid commercial version that has some sweet and some spice in there with it. I tend use it pretty sparingly as I like to make my own rubs, but for pork roasts, it's pretty good stuff.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 04:17 PM   #2246
Draconian Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Looks like you sliced too soon.

There's a LOT of juice in that pan. If you don't let a brisket rest for an hour before you slice it, as soon as you do so the juices will run out and you'll end up with amazing brisket for about 10 minutes but anything that isn't sliced/eaten immediately will end up dry as shoe leather shortly thereafter.

Found that out the hard way. Used to blame the size of the brisket but it really does come down to the rest period. All that juice in your pan should've stayed in your meat.
Thanks for the advice!!!
burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 04-09-2020, 04:26 PM   #2247
In Search of a Life

Smoked turkey is very good. I smiled a few Boston butts Monday that we’ve pulled apart and frozen to use later

Got one bag in the crock pot for some pulled pork sandwhich tonight
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-09-2020, 04:31 PM   #2248

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Smoked turkey is very good. I smiled a few Boston butts Monday that we’ve pulled apart and frozen to use later

Got one bag in the crock pot for some pulled pork sandwhich tonight
I usually lose interest in pulled pork w/ about 2/3 of the roast left still.

I'm good for about one sandwich worth and a plate of pulled pork nachos the next day, but beyond that, I'm just ready to move on. So I rarely smoke pork shoulders unless I'm doing it for a crowd and can send it home with them.

I think I have 4-6 portions of it frozen in the deep freeze. Mixing it with a little cream cheese, lime juice, taco seasoning, cheddar and black beans makes for good taquito filling.
Old 04-09-2020, 04:33 PM   #2249
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I usually lose interest in pulled pork w/ about 2/3 of the roast left still.

I'm good for about one sandwich worth and a plate of pulled pork nachos the next day, but beyond that, I'm just ready to move on. So I rarely smoke pork shoulders unless I'm doing it for a crowd and can send it home with them.

I think I have 4-6 portions of it frozen in the deep freeze. Mixing it with a little cream cheese, lime juice, taco seasoning, cheddar and black beans makes for good taquito filling.
I do a mean pulled pork calzone or just mix it up with coleslaw and eat it

I do them just cause their easy.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-09-2020, 04:35 PM   #2250
Inmem 2.0

Got some KC Strips. Price Chopper has a nice quality of meat and for 5 bucks a piece I'm pleased.
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.