Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-15-2024, 07:30 AM  
Has a particular set of skills

I'm retiring due to health reasons. AMA

I have short term memory loss. The doctors can’t seem to find the root cause. This isn’t some forgetfulness, it’s serious. They tell me I have about 10 years before I will lose all short-term memory. I will retain all long-term memories. So that post you make about me in 2006 is still going to be up there in my noggin.

I have previously shared this diagnosis with the mods. I asked them to keep this information confined to the mod lounge. Which they did and I appreciated their consideration. They encouraged me to share this information with the rest of the Planet. It’s time to come clean.

I also have CLL (Chronic Lymphatic Leukemia). Its only put me in the hospital once and it usually does not kill people these days.

Would not be a BRC post without bragging so…. Last 10 years of my career, I architected, designed, and implemented the first cloud at Bank of America, the largest private cloud in the world for the military and for IBM, the world’s largest serverless IT infrastructure services provider with thousands of enterprise customers, thousands of applications in more than 60 countries.

You cannot do that kind of work without a functioning short-term memory, so I have no choice but to retire.

I’m 65. I’m being forced to retire a little early but only losing a couple of years anyway. I’ll have a comfortable retirement alongside my wife of 34 years.

AMA
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2024, 09:26 AM   #61
Veteran

Sorry to hear this. Kind of similar to alzheimers which runs in my family. What are you gonna do when all these stupid apps make you two factor authenticate and you have to remember the 6 digit number? I hate that shit.
irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 09:26 AM   #62
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
I've got my place in line for the Mayo clinic workup. Told them I'd go to any location in the USA that has an opening.
They know what the hell they are doing.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2024, 09:28 AM   #63
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
I grew up dirt poor in Springfield Missouri. I quit school the day I turned 16. Only have a GED. That's it. I do have 96 college credits but never bothered with getting a degree.
Sorry to hear about your health BRC. I'm going to probably retire in August due to health reasons as well (Stage 4 Prostate).

I grew up in Springfield too, maybe the same year or a year behind you. Went to KHS, played baseball there, before JUCO, arm difficulties and then back to SMS.
VAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-15-2024, 09:29 AM   #64
21st Century Schizoid Fan

Bumped for BRC's benefit
siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 09:32 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by siberian khatru View Post
Bumped for BRC's benefit
Well played sir!
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2024, 09:36 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by irafreak View Post
Sorry to hear this. Kind of similar to alzheimers which runs in my family. What are you gonna do when all these stupid apps make you two factor authenticate and you have to remember the 6 digit number? I hate that shit.
Not an issue yet but I am training the wife to take over the financials for us, just to be sure I dont send Bearcat $1000 accidently.
Old 04-15-2024, 09:39 AM   #67
Politically Incorrect

BRC's wife: "Hey, I told you yesterday that hole is a no-go!"

BRC: "No you didn't"
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 09:43 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAChief View Post
Sorry to hear about your health BRC. I'm going to probably retire in August due to health reasons as well (Stage 4 Prostate).

I grew up in Springfield too, maybe the same year or a year behind you. Went to KHS, played baseball there, before JUCO, arm difficulties and then back to SMS.
Sorry about the diagnosis.

I went to Hillcrest/Glendale so I was a north sider and a south sider. Spent a year at SMS doing prep work for the residency as a Registered Respiratory Therapist.
Old 04-15-2024, 09:59 AM   #69
Veteran

Quote:
I've got my place in line for the Mayo clinic workup. Told them I'd go to any location in the USA that has an opening.
This can be frustrating... perhaps you'll get Scottsdale

Hope they can figure it out. Sounds like dementia.
Straight, No Chaser must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Straight, No Chaser must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Straight, No Chaser must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Straight, No Chaser must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Straight, No Chaser must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Straight, No Chaser must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Straight, No Chaser must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Straight, No Chaser must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Straight, No Chaser must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Straight, No Chaser must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Straight, No Chaser must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 04-15-2024, 10:01 AM   #70
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Sorry about the diagnosis.

I went to Hillcrest/Glendale so I was a north sider and a south sider. Spent a year at SMS doing prep work for the residency as a Registered Respiratory Therapist.
I grew up near Seminole on Maryland before we moved out South. I had mostly good memories there, but left to live in KC for 11 years after college then Virginia the last roughly 30 years.

Hang in there bud!
VAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-15-2024, 10:01 AM   #71
Seeking the Truth daily

Enjoy the retirement. Hopefullly pharma and med science can find a treatment
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2024, 10:09 AM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAChief View Post
I grew up near Seminole on Maryland before we moved out South. I had mostly good memories there, but left to live in KC for 11 years after college then Virginia the last roughly 30 years.

Hang in there bud!
I left Springfield when I turned 18 and traveled the world until about 25 years old. Go married and moved to KC for the duration until the taking the job at CENTCOM in Florida.
Old 04-15-2024, 10:12 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
BRC's wife: "Hey, I told you yesterday that hole is a no-go!"

BRC: "No you didn't"
Give it a rest, dude.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 7 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 10:13 AM   #74
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Sorry to hear about this, BRC, but glad you're able to retire despite the terms.

I'm curious to know, if you're open to sharing: When did you realize you might have problem? Was it pointed out to you, or did you yourself recognize something wasn't right? Has it escalated? What's the frequency you encounter issues?
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2024, 10:35 AM   #75
Constable of Untruths

Congratulations on your retirement. It sucks that it is being forced on you. I've flipped you shit on here on a pretty regular basis, but nobody wants to see someone else be forced into retirement due to failing health. I hope you have a blast during retirement and your short term memory loss only makes you forget the bad things.

Last edited by LoneWolf; 04-15-2024 at 12:49 PM..
LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.