Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-15-2024, 07:30 AM  
Has a particular set of skills

I'm retiring due to health reasons. AMA

I have short term memory loss. The doctors can’t seem to find the root cause. This isn’t some forgetfulness, it’s serious. They tell me I have about 10 years before I will lose all short-term memory. I will retain all long-term memories. So that post you make about me in 2006 is still going to be up there in my noggin.

I have previously shared this diagnosis with the mods. I asked them to keep this information confined to the mod lounge. Which they did and I appreciated their consideration. They encouraged me to share this information with the rest of the Planet. It’s time to come clean.

I also have CLL (Chronic Lymphatic Leukemia). Its only put me in the hospital once and it usually does not kill people these days.

Would not be a BRC post without bragging so…. Last 10 years of my career, I architected, designed, and implemented the first cloud at Bank of America, the largest private cloud in the world for the military and for IBM, the world’s largest serverless IT infrastructure services provider with thousands of enterprise customers, thousands of applications in more than 60 countries.

You cannot do that kind of work without a functioning short-term memory, so I have no choice but to retire.

I’m 65. I’m being forced to retire a little early but only losing a couple of years anyway. I’ll have a comfortable retirement alongside my wife of 34 years.

AMA
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2024, 08:49 AM   #46
Politically Incorrect

I was just going to ask you a question but I forget. **** it, I'll be back later when I remember.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 08:51 AM   #47
Politically Incorrect

I think I asked you a question but I forget to post it. I'll try to find it.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2024, 08:51 AM   #48
Politically Incorrect

What did you say about retirement?
Old 04-15-2024, 08:51 AM   #49
Politically Incorrect

Happy Birthday!
Old 04-15-2024, 08:56 AM   #50
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
I grew up dirt poor in Springfield Missouri. I quit school the day I turned 16. Only have a GED. That's it. I do have 96 college credits but never bothered with getting a degree.
Sounds like we had very similar upbringings, I was on my own at 17 and had to drop out as well. Did get my GED and graduated college eventually, just stuck in the rat race now, though. How you perform in school has very little to do with how intelligent you are, and I learn that more every single day working with nothing but educated fools. You are obviously a prime example of that as well.
Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 08:59 AM   #51
Buddy Christ is a Chiefs fan

Will Adam Sandler now bang you?
BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-15-2024, 09:00 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
Happy Birthday!
Well played sir, well played.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2024, 09:00 AM   #53
Future NBA Finals MVP

Have you seen momento?
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2024, 09:01 AM   #54
Supporter

Hey bud, sorry to hear about the memory loss.

My recommendation is keep pushing doctors. Go see anyone that will see you and run all the test they'll let you. They may find something.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2024, 09:06 AM   #55
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post

My recommendation is keep pushing doctors. Go see anyone that will see you and run all the test they'll let you. They may find something.
I agree with this 100%.

It's odd that the doctors haven't come up with a diagnosis, but somehow know you'll lose all short-term memory in about 10 years while retaining your long-term memories. I'm all about doctors and medical science, but second and third opinions are always a good idea.
ThrobProng is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ThrobProng is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ThrobProng is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ThrobProng is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ThrobProng is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 04-15-2024, 09:06 AM   #56
Starter

Quote:

I agree with this 100%.

It's odd that the doctors haven't come up with a diagnosis, but somehow know you'll lose all short-term memory in about 10 years while retaining your long-term memories. I'm all about doctors and medical science, but second and third opinions are always a good idea.
ThrobProng is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ThrobProng is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ThrobProng is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ThrobProng is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ThrobProng is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 04-15-2024, 09:15 AM   #57
The Dude Abides

Sorry to hear about your condition, man. Getting older can be challenging, to be sure. However, enjoy your retirement…you’ve earned it. Continue to pursue options on the healthcare side; hopefully, they can make it manageable for you. Best wishes, sir.
Mr. Kotter has disabled reputation
Old 04-15-2024, 09:19 AM   #58
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRichard View Post
Will Adam Sandler now bang you?
All the best of luck to you BRC. BigRichard beat me to it, but I was going to suggest you contact Adam Sandler to see if they'll do a sequel. Memorizing your lines might be a challenge though.
RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.
Old 04-15-2024, 09:21 AM   #59
It was not a fair catch

So much reading this.

Hope for the best for you. Enjoy retirement
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2024, 09:23 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief View Post
Sounds like we had very similar upbringings, I was on my own at 17 and had to drop out as well. Did get my GED and graduated college eventually, just stuck in the rat race now, though. How you perform in school has very little to do with how intelligent you are, and I learn that more every single day working with nothing but educated fools. You are obviously a prime example of that as well.
I was working as a Respiratory Therapist for 10 years in an inner city Level 1 teaching hospital. Started to bring some of that home with me. The hospital was switching over from paper records to electronic records. I was helping people use the computers and app. I didn't own a computer at the time. People were telling me this computer thing was going to be a big deal, you should get into that.

Took some basic server/infrastructure classes but basically taught myself. I worked 12 hours a day being a Respiratory Therapist. Went to night classes. Got home at 10:00pm or so. Tuck the kid and wife into bed. The stayed up 10pm -2am building and breaking stuff learning. Get up at 6:00 am and do the whole day again. That went on for 2 years.

After a year or so doing desktop/call center stuff, I got my break when Sprint hired me and I was off and running.
Old 04-15-2024, 09:25 AM   #61

Quote:

I've got my place in line for the Mayo clinic workup. Told them I'd go to any location in the USA that has an opening.