Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Today, 07:47 AM  
"I'm with you fellers"

Debit card issue

So I had to get a new debit card. It works about half the time. Say declined the other half. Lots of money in the account. Credit union says nothing is wrong. I end up having to use my backup credit card instead. Any of you ever had this issue?
Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.
Old Today, 07:49 AM   #2

Sorry to hear, that sounds pretty brutal. Do you live in a third world country?
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:53 AM   #3
Veteran

Are you exceeding your daily purchasing limits? Debit cards, since tied to physical money accounts, have 2 daily purchasing limits. One is a VISA/MC limit and the other is an ATM limit (which also goes against any PIN based transaction as well).

Once you exceed these limits for a day (or long weekend or banking holiday), the card will decline until the next business day regardless of the amount of money in an account.
Vegas_Dave must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Vegas_Dave must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Vegas_Dave must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Vegas_Dave must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Vegas_Dave must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Vegas_Dave must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Vegas_Dave must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Vegas_Dave must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Vegas_Dave must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Vegas_Dave must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Vegas_Dave must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:56 AM   #4
Kind of a mod

Could just be a wonky chip. I've had a credit card like that. Request a replacement and see if that fixes it.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 07:57 AM   #5
No Keys, No Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard View Post
So I had to get a new debit card. It works about half the time. Say declined the other half. Lots of money in the account. Credit union says nothing is wrong. I end up having to use my backup credit card instead. Any of you ever had this issue?
Are you using the magnetic strip or are you using the chip? If you're using the chip are you tapping it or are you inserting? Does it happen at the same reader most of the time or is it a diverse set of point-of-sale readers?
Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old Today, 07:59 AM   #6
Voodoo Chile

Jungle Law.
JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:07 AM   #7
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard View Post
Security blocks.

Wells Fargo does it to me when I make an unusual and large purchase. Have to call to lift.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:09 AM   #8
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Could just be a wonky chip. I've had a credit card like that. Request a replacement and see if that fixes it.
No, that reads as CHIP MALFUNCTION.

If you have a card that is used alot, the chip gets worn down and dirty. The card reader doesn't get full info.

A decline is a money or security issue.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:11 AM   #9
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Dave View Post
Are you exceeding your daily purchasing limits? Debit cards, since tied to physical money accounts, have 2 daily purchasing limits. One is a VISA/MC limit and the other is an ATM limit (which also goes against any PIN based transaction as well).

Once you exceed these limits for a day (or long weekend or banking holiday), the card will decline until the next business day regardless of the amount of money in an account.
This too.
Old Today, 08:11 AM   #10
"I'm with you fellers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazu View Post
Yes, SWKansas
Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:14 AM   #11
"I'm with you fellers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Dave View Post

Did not know this and have used debit cards for years. Sometimes used one ten or more times a day.
Old Today, 08:15 AM   #12
My Mamma Says

Send me your account number and I’ll check it out.. Happy to help..
Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:33 AM   #13
"I'm with you fellers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kman34 View Post
Send me your account number and I’ll check it out.. Happy to help..
OU812
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:35 AM   #14
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazu View Post
I always assumed he was from Australia.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:35 AM   #15
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
No, that reads as CHIP MALFUNCTION.

If you have a card that is used alot, the chip gets worn down and dirty. The card reader doesn't get full info.

A decline is a money or security issue.
Nah, mine was declining. Got a replacement, and no issues since.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.