Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-20-2018, 08:00 PM  
20 Menthol KOOLs

Godzilla: King of Monsters

So the next Godzilla movie released a teaser trailer and has a pretty cool viral marketing campaign going on right now.

Visit: www.monarchsciences.com to track Godzilla and see all the Monarch facilities across the globe. Thus far we've got Mothra, Rodan and King Ghidorah confirmed while Zilla's on the move, appearing to be heading to San Diego to drop the trailer at Comic-Con.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-30-2019, 06:00 PM   #76
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz View Post
I've seen mostly positive too but typically from critics with the same type of movie tastes as me. I'm excited to see the craziness.
Godzilla and King Ghidhora keep the pomp hand strong.

Charles Dance is always badass
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-30-2019, 09:46 PM   #77
You're CARICATURES, ALL of you

Just got home from seeing the flick. A few notes, any potential spoilers will be in tags.

Loved...
The monsters! Godzilla looked great, Gidorah looked great, Rodan & Mothera looked great.
Monster fights were great
The music was perfect, "remixes" of the old Godzilla March from the Toho movies sparked a lot of nostalgia for me
Monster roars were well done, not perfect matches to the old Toho roars but updated, for lack of a better term, for the new movie
Hat tips to the old Toho movies galore, from the Subijin for Mothra, Gidorah's origins, and other throwbacks were mixed in the movie
Getting to see Millie Bobby Brown be someone other than 11 in "Stranger Things" was cool, she did well in her role
Ken Watanabe was excellent in his role as well

Hated...
Dear God someone at WB hire a competent script writer for these movies, the human element of the movie nearly put me to sleep
The plot was lacking and most of the actors were wooden to put if kindly
Forgive me this rant but can we please have a monster fight in daylight without some sort of driving rain storm?!?!?!

As a huge Godzilla fan I give this movie 2 grade;
- Monster Part 8/10, great but not excellent
- Human Part 3/10, awful script, poor acting, and I had zero interest in any of the humans in the film
KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-30-2019, 10:29 PM   #78
In Search of a Life

Saw it tonight- so much better than the last one.

Set it up for the next one fighting King Kong.

I have to go with Godzilla on that fight.
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-31-2019, 11:15 AM   #79
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Lee View Post
Just got home from seeing the flick. A few notes, any potential spoilers will be in tags.

Loved...
The monsters! Godzilla looked great, Gidorah looked great, Rodan & Mothera looked great.
Monster fights were great
The music was perfect, "remixes" of the old Godzilla March from the Toho movies sparked a lot of nostalgia for me
Monster roars were well done, not perfect matches to the old Toho roars but updated, for lack of a better term, for the new movie
Hat tips to the old Toho movies galore, from the Subijin for Mothra, Gidorah's origins, and other throwbacks were mixed in the movie
Getting to see Millie Bobby Brown be someone other than 11 in "Stranger Things" was cool, she did well in her role
Ken Watanabe was excellent in his role as well

Hated...
Dear God someone at WB hire a competent script writer for these movies, the human element of the movie nearly put me to sleep
The plot was lacking and most of the actors were wooden to put if kindly
Forgive me this rant but can we please have a monster fight in daylight without some sort of driving rain storm?!?!?!

As a huge Godzilla fan I give this movie 2 grade;
- Monster Part 8/10, great but not excellent
- Human Part 3/10, awful script, poor acting, and I had zero interest in any of the humans in the film
As someone who grew up on showa era godzilla flicks, this makes me happy they they got the monsters part better. Pretty cool they did remixes of Akira Ikefube(sp)'s symphony stuff. Cant wait to see this tonight.
Aspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 05-31-2019, 11:55 AM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspengc8 View Post
As someone who grew up on showa era godzilla flicks, this makes me happy they they got the monsters part better. Pretty cool they did remixes of Akira Ikefube(sp)'s symphony stuff. Cant wait to see this tonight.
There are some Hensi Era hat tips as well. Won't give them away here but if you've seen any of the Hensi films you'll catch 'em.

Didn't stay for all the credits so I cannot say if there was an end credit scene but I can tell you is they use the credits, up until the mid-credits, as an epilogue to the movie. Basically newspaper and website headlines showing what happened after the movie. Again don't want to spoil anything but don't just jump up or look at your phone, you'll miss some good stuff.
KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-31-2019, 03:46 PM   #81
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Lee View Post
There are some Hensi Era hat tips as well. Won't give them away here but if you've seen any of the Hensi films you'll catch 'em.

Didn't stay for all the credits so I cannot say if there was an end credit scene but I can tell you is they use the credits, up until the mid-credits, as an epilogue to the movie. Basically newspaper and website headlines showing what happened after the movie. Again don't want to spoil anything but don't just jump up or look at your phone, you'll miss some good stuff.
Spoiler!
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2019, 06:19 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post
Spoiler!
Thanks for the heads up, looks like there is an end credit scene.

I wonder if...

Spoiler!
Old 06-01-2019, 02:13 PM   #83

Given the reviews, I actually thought it was better than what I was expecting. It probably deserves better than 40% on rotten tomatoes.

Spoiler!
tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2019, 02:35 PM   #84
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk13 View Post
Given the reviews, I actually thought it was better than what I was expecting. It probably deserves better than 40% on rotten tomatoes.

Spoiler!
%88 audience approval, **** those pretentious assholes that don't get it.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 07:45 PM   #85
The Beast Inside Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcan View Post
Saw it tonight- so much better than the last one.

Set it up for the next one fighting King Kong.

I have to go with Godzilla on that fight.
I have a feeling that one goes the Batman vs Superman route.
BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2019, 08:15 PM   #86

A couple of thoughts came to mind as regarding future Godzilla movies. I'll put them in spoiler tags as some of these thoughts will give away some plot points.

Spoiler!
Old 06-02-2019, 06:52 AM   #87
Mahomes Dynasty

movie was ok, about as good as you're going to get w/ this kind of stuff.

acting wasn't great as you'd probably suspect, but people see these movies for the action/destruction....which actually kind of wish there was more of that.

Also wish every fight wasn't in the dark.
CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.
Old 06-02-2019, 10:45 AM   #88
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMoChief View Post
Also wish every fight wasn't in the dark.
Better than the battle of winterfell but this is trend. Why? Who decided that when we are watching a movie that we really dont want to see what the artist is showing us. We are happy with seeing 50% of what is on the screen.

Anyone know why?
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-02-2019, 10:53 AM   #89
20 Menthol KOOLs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Better than the battle of winterfell but this is trend. Why? Who decided that when we are watching a movie that we really dont want to see what the artist is showing us. We are happy with seeing 50% of what is on the screen.

Anyone know why?
More cost-effective, I think. The darkness masks CGI deficiencies.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-02-2019, 12:29 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
More cost-effective, I think. The darkness masks CGI deficiencies.
True but Kong: Skull Island had some great fights in daylight. It can be done if there's a will to do it.