Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-20-2017, 07:10 PM  
Now you've pissed me off!

****Official 2017 Missouri Tigers Football Thread****

Year two of the Barry Odom era begins in a little over a month.

2017 Schedule:

Spoiler!

Hamas' Crystal ball says 6-6 w/ two SEC wins (SC @ home and @Vandy).

Recruiting:

Bold=Signed LOI

Spoiler!

Last edited by 'Hamas' Jenkins; 02-07-2018 at 10:01 AM..
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2017, 05:45 PM   #256
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
Pinkel did not help things out by leaving the team with a deficient level of talent. And while I'm appreciative of the fact that he was a good coach and decidedly better than his predecessors or successor, he also almost never beat teams that he wasn't supposed to (save OU in '10).

Our successful years with Pinkel were traveled on a road paved smooth due to shitty divisions.
I don't think Pinkel intended to leave the program in the shape he did when he finally left. Cancer sucks.

He did a lot of good for the program. Were there warts? Sure, absolutely. Think the heat of the moment is making us super critical lol
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 09-16-2017, 05:53 PM   #257
Veteran

I think the only watchable Mizzou game left may be the Idaho game. I think they got a shot in that one. For a second I thought maybe UConn also, but I think UConn is somewhat respectable so probably a step or two above Mizzous level.
NWTF 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliNWTF 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliNWTF 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliNWTF 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliNWTF 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliNWTF 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliNWTF 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliNWTF 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliNWTF 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliNWTF 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliNWTF 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 09-16-2017, 05:57 PM   #258
Fight, build, win!

Who will Barry fire next?
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2017, 06:00 PM   #259
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
Who will Barry fire next?
Tackling coach
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 09-16-2017, 06:07 PM   #260
Choco Favre

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
Pinkel did not help things out by leaving the team with a deficient level of talent. And while I'm appreciative of the fact that he was a good coach and decidedly better than his predecessors or successor, he also almost never beat teams that he wasn't supposed to (save OU in '10).

Our successful years with Pinkel were traveled on a road paved smooth due to shitty divisions.
Mizzou was awful before Pinkel and they're awful now.

That fanbase should be on their hands and knees begging for him to come back.
New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2017, 09:35 PM   #261
MVP

J'Mon Moore needs to be Stephon Hannah'ed in the street.
Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 09-17-2017, 06:11 AM   #262
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

What a disaster.

He has to go. I was optimistic Odom would put together a top-notch staff and could be a real success - his work ethic and fresh take were things I thought could energize the staff and lead to some nice results.

It hasn't worked out that way at all.

With the South Endzone project looming and the team staring down the barrel of potentially tanking ticket sales and attendance, Sterk will have to make a move.

Giving him Year 3 just to be nice and "fair" would be a gigantic mistake, as you'd be basing Year 3 improvements entirely on hopes and dreams.

Hopefully Sterk's football coaches list is fresh and ready to go.

Personally, I would be looking at:
Kyle Whittingham (won't leave Utah but you make him say that)

Mike Leach (his success at Wazzou is impressive, and I think he'd relish the opportunity to win in the SEC. ceiling at Mizzou would be higher).

Frank Wilson (UT-San Antonio - young and successful, was a premium recruiter as an assistant in SEC and in Texas, succeeding as HC at a tough spot)

Mike Bobo (longtime Georgia OC under Richt, from Georgia, strong recruiter, having a good run at Colorado State)

Blake Anderson (Arkansas State, latest in a line of good coaches at that school).

There are some other names out there to think about - Dave Doeren at NC State, Mike Norvell at Memphis, and maybe even Jeff Brohm.

Head coaching experience and success is a must.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 06:14 AM   #263
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Oh, and I'll still say this: Odom was not an extreme backup plan for Rhoads. Other than Tom Herman, he was Rhoads' top guy on the board.

In news that doesn't surprise anyone based on things that have transpired with Rhoads since, that was a bad call.

It will be interesting to see if Sterk's respect and success as a AD carries as weight much in football circles as it did in hoops.

duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2017, 06:34 AM   #264
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
What a disaster.

He has to go. I was optimistic Odom would put together a top-notch staff and could be a real success - his work ethic and fresh take were things I thought could energize the staff and lead to some nice results.

With the South Endzone project looming and the team staring down the barrel of potentially tanking ticket sales and attendance, Sterk will have to make a move.

Giving him Year 3 just to be nice and "fair" would be a gigantic mistake, as you'd be basing Year 3 improvements entirely on hopes and dreams.

Mike Leach (his success at Wazzou is impressive, and I think he'd relish the opportunity to win in the SEC. ceiling at Mizzou would be higher).

Frank Wilson (UT-San Antonio - young and successful, was a premium recruiter as an assistant in SEC and in Texas, succeeding as HC at a tough spot)

Mike Bobo (longtime Georgia OC under Richt, from Georgia, strong recruiter, having a good run at Colorado State)

Blake Anderson (Arkansas State, latest in a line of good coaches at that school).

There are some other names out there to think about - Dave Doeren at NC State, Mike Norvell at Memphis, and maybe even Jeff Brohm.

Any one of those names sounds good....just so long as none of them are alumni hires. We have seen the lack of success in doing that with the major sports.
Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.
Old 09-17-2017, 06:54 AM   #265
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

CF2017
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2017, 07:16 AM   #266
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosbonian View Post
Any one of those names sounds good....just so long as none of them are alumni hires. We have seen the lack of success in doing that with the major sports.

It's great if they're qualified. Kermit was not. Odom has better qualifications (and would be the HC at Memphis had he not gotten the Missouri job).

When they're not qualified, it's a disaster. Especially when a contingent of the fan base is emotionally attached to alumni.

Old 09-17-2017, 08:26 AM   #267
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosbonian View Post
Wrong.

Get the most qualified coach available. Period. If that's an alumni, hire him. If it's an Alaskan fisherman, hire him

Odom and Kim were terrible because they are awful, unqualified coaches. Not because they are alumni
Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 09-17-2017, 08:57 AM   #268
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
What a disaster.

Why didn't Chip Kelly or Scott Frost make your list?
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2017, 09:02 AM   #269
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter Libby View Post
Why didn't Chip Kelly or Scott Frost make your list?

Because Kelly at least isn't a realistic target for Mizzou.

I assume Frost will stay put until you all fire Reilly after next year, waiting for that job.

Old 09-17-2017, 09:56 AM   #270
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best22 View Post
Wrong.

Get the most qualified coach available. Period. If that's an alumni, hire him. If it's an Alaskan fisherman, hire him

Odom and Kim were terrible because they are awful, unqualified coaches. Not because they are alumni
Sorry.....we are just going to have to agree to disagree.

Too many times it is like duncan referred to, an emotional attachment that clouds the judgement of those making the decision.

Odom brought DeMontie Cross (an old teammate and alumni, there's that word again) with him which spelled his doom.

And FTR....sometimes even the most qualified coach available can't turn around programs. It's a crap shoot and somehow you have to get lucky and find that diamond in the rough.
Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.