Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-21-2018, 11:40 PM  
MVP

NFL's most bloated contracts. Berry is #2

Thanks, Hunt....

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...-position-2018
BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2018, 06:35 AM   #31
In BB I trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
No, that's actually pretty accurate. Kraft has funneled millions into that company.

Not that I've ever heard/seen from any kind of reputable source (as opposed to CP-type gossip from Patriots haters).
Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2018, 06:46 AM   #32
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
Add Saquon Barkley to the list. He just signed a 4 year $31m contract, fully guaranteed.

He's already like top 5 in pay for RBs and hasn't set foot on an NFL field.
Holy shit. I hadn't thought about where the contract falls. Holy hell.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2018, 07:28 AM   #33
Beyond the Rapids

Sometimes you overpay a guy because of what he means to the team. Berry was one of them. Not necessarily bad.

Sometimes you get an albatross of a contract because a player became injury prone after receiving it. Not your fault.

Sometimes you overpay an injury prone player and live to regret it. That would be Houston.

It would be better, since the defense should be in blow-it-up-and-start-over mode (except for 2 or 3 key pieces), to get rid of these contracts. IMO.

I'm not saying Berry, it probably doesn't make any sense to move him now, but we should be clearing accounts and coaches on that side of the ball and building a defense toward a 10 year future with Mahomes, not trying to apply bandaids on top of bandaids with the unit we've got to maintain our precious wild card appearances.

We should have started this before last year, honestly.
Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2018, 07:37 AM   #34
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
Sometimes you overpay a guy because of what he means to the team. Berry was one of them. Not necessarily bad.

Sometimes you get an albatross of a contract because a player became injury prone after receiving it. Not your fault.

Sometimes you overpay an injury prone player and live to regret it. That would be Houston.

It would be better, since the defense should be in blow-it-up-and-start-over mode (except for 2 or 3 key pieces), to get rid of these contracts. IMO.

I'm not saying Berry, it probably doesn't make any sense to move him now, but we should be clearing accounts and coaches on that side of the ball and building a defense toward a 10 year future with Mahomes, not trying to apply bandaids on top of bandaids with the unit we've got to maintain our precious wild card appearances.

We should have started this before last year, honestly.
The defense got old pretty quick. Houston, who to my recollection hadn't had any real injury problems before the knee, got hurt after getting a bid deal. Berry, who had injury problems, got hurt after his deal.

Then they blew it all up and started over.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2018, 07:41 AM   #35
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnorix View Post
Not that I've ever heard/seen from any kind of reputable source (as opposed to CP-type gossip from Patriots haters).
Fan message boards have brought to light misconduct. Where do you think the reporters get their information?
Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.
Old 07-23-2018, 09:49 AM   #36
Bring it on Ahab!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosef_Malkovitch View Post
With the way the rules favor QBs now, I truly believe that the recipe for success is to never pay more than 10-15% over the average for any position except for QB and OL. Save all that money on star players at other positions, spend it on a premium QB and OL, and watch the titles roll in.
So you don't think teams should invest in pass rushers?

Which is, aside from QB, the most important position in the game.
WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2018, 10:54 AM   #37
The Lurkiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale View Post
So you don't think teams should invest in pass rushers?

Which is, aside from QB, the most important position in the game.
Sure! But I wouldn't exceed 15% over the average. A defense with a bunch of good (but not great) pass rushers would be just fine, if you had an all star QB.

Of course the 15% is just a figure I pulled out of my ass. I'm sure someone with better analytical skills than me could come up with the perfect figure. Maybe 20%? 25%?

At any rate, I would never look to get any player (besides QB) who was among the top 5 highest paid at that position. IMO, those dollars are better spent on the QB.
Yosef_Malkovitch has disabled reputation
Old 07-23-2018, 11:24 AM   #38
Bring it on Ahab!

Quote:
Sure! But I wouldn't exceed 15% over the average. A defense with a bunch of good (but not great) pass rushers would be just fine, if you had an all star QB.

Of course the 15% is just a figure I pulled out of my ass. I'm sure someone with better analytical skills than me could come up with the perfect figure. Maybe 20%? 25%?

At any rate, I would never look to get any player (besides QB) who was among the top 5 highest paid at that position. IMO, those dollars are better spent on the QB.
I would, but it depends on the player.

For example I'd much rather overpay Von Miller than overpay Joe Flacco.
WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2018, 11:27 AM   #39
The Lurkiest

Quote:
I would, but it depends on the player.

For example I'd much rather overpay Von Miller than overpay Joe Flacco.
Well, yes, I suppose the glaring hole in my strategy is the fact that it's hard to know when you have a true superstar QB as opposed to a bust who looks good in college but never pans out in the NFL.
Yosef_Malkovitch has disabled reputation
Old 07-23-2018, 11:35 AM   #40
Bring it on Ahab!

Quote:
Well, yes, I suppose the glaring hole in my strategy is the fact that it's hard to know when you have a true superstar QB as opposed to a bust who looks good in college but never pans out in the NFL.
It's hard to come across elite players at any position.

If you want to build a long time consistent winner in today's NFL, you have do what the Patriots did... convince an elite all time great QB to play for about 60% of his market value.

The problem is, of course, most QB's won't do that. Brady does because his wife makes more money than he does. So that's off the table for pretty much everyone.

Otherwise your best bet is a young QB on a rookie contract that allows you to build a team around him. If he's good, you might win a championship before it has to be blown up.

If you want to win with a back up QB, do what the eagles did. Benefit from the opposing coach benching his best DB for no reason, but they still built around strategy B. Once Wentz demands his 30+ million a year, they'll blow it up and struggle to get back.
Old 07-23-2018, 11:45 AM   #41
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
It's hard to come across elite players at any position.

If you want to build a long time consistent winner in today's NFL, you have do what the Patriots did... convince an elite all time great QB to play for about 60% of his market value.

The problem is, of course, most QB's won't do that. Brady does because his wife makes more money than he does. So that's off the table for pretty much everyone.

Otherwise your best bet is a young QB on a rookie contract that allows you to build a team around him. If he's good, you might win a championship before it has to be blown up.

If you want to win with a back up QB, do what the eagles did. Benefit from the opposing coach benching his best DB for no reason, but they still built around strategy B. Once Wentz demands his 30+ million a year, they'll blow it up and struggle to get back.
So you're saying that we need to set Mahomes up with Taylor Swift?
Posted via Mobile Device
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2018, 11:53 AM   #42
Bring it on Ahab!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
So you're saying that we need to set Mahomes up with Taylor Swift?
Posted via Mobile Device
That or a really bad agent.
Old 07-23-2018, 12:08 PM   #43
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
Add Saquon Barkley to the list. He just signed a 4 year $31m contract, fully guaranteed.

He's already like top 5 in pay for RBs and hasn't set foot on an NFL field.
That's the biggest contract he's likely to ever see. I hope he saves most of it.
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-23-2018, 12:24 PM   #44
Mahomes > God

Can't believe Carr isn't on that list let alone near the top...
Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.