Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-19-2018, 09:05 PM  
Wasted away again...

17 dead after duck boat capsizes on Table Rock Lake

This is awful. So sad...

NEAR BRANSON, Mo. -- The Stone County Sheriff confirms eight fatalities involved in a duck boat capsizing on Table Rock Lake Thursday.

Emergency crews responded to the incident shortly after 7 p.m. after a severe line of thunderstorms rolled through the area.

Sheriff Doug Rader reports the boat had 31 people on board. He tells KY3 News four of those have been transported to a hospital. Some of the 31 on board include children. Divers are on the scene searching for more possible victims. The sheriff says he does not know how many on the boat are missing. The sheriff is asking for any family missing someone to go to Branson City Hall. It remains a rescue and recovery mission.

http://www.ky3.com/content/news/Emer...488679201.html

Last edited by Dartgod; 07-20-2018 at 11:53 AM.. Reason: updated the number of casualties
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-20-2018, 12:40 PM   #121
Time For Your Wake Up Call !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue View Post
Why was the captain going against the wind? Makes zero sense to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. View Post
because they were close to the dock, and that was the way the wind was blowing. They couldn't run cross wind otherwise they have a much higher risk of capsizing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
That's the best bet to keep the boat upright. Going parallel to the waves will quickly capsize the boat.

The later 2 comments covers this very well.
ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 07-20-2018, 12:42 PM   #122
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
Can't bring myself to watch it.
Probably for the best. People are eating and relaxing on the paddle boat while the duck boats are struggling. I don't know why the lady filming did not call for help? Towards the end you see the boat running out of steam and bogging down. The duck boat starts swamping with water right before the video cuts out, probably only seconds before it sank. I wonder if the paddleboat even stopped to help? Terrible.
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 12:43 PM   #123
Time For Your Wake Up Call !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj56dt58 View Post
Negligence leading to death can absolutely lead to criminal charges
There is no criminal intent?

It will all come down to a civil liability.
ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 07-20-2018, 12:44 PM   #124
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

When you're a villan like Hoov, you always need an escape route
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-20-2018, 12:44 PM   #125
Better than Nelson

Baby Lee reporting that all passengers have been rescued and are currently recovering.
Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 12:48 PM   #126
In Search of a Life

I watched the video once this morning, and have not rewatched since reading this thread. While the video was a bit hard to keep track of due to the reflections, I thought it was the front one that went down. I also thought it looked like the front one did turn sideways for a brief instant before going down.
Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 07-20-2018, 12:50 PM   #127
MVP

I wonder if the captain is lawyered up yet?
Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.
Old 07-20-2018, 12:50 PM   #128
MY LITTLE #15

http://www.ky3.com/content/news/Mour...488743281.html

Mourners plan 3 candlelight vigils Friday night for victims of Ride the Ducks tragedy

Quote:
BRANSON, Mo. -- The Tri-Lakes community is remembering the 17 victims of the Ride the Ducks tragedy.

Organizers in the community plan three candlelight vigils Friday night to remember those killed Thursday night.

One group on Facebook is organizing two separate events. The first vigil begins at the Ride the Ducks office on the 76 Strip at 9 p.m. They also invite you to a separate candlelight vigil on Table Rock Lake at the Tiki Bar at 611 Rock Lane at 9 p.m. They ask you to bring candles, flowers, and balloons.

Brookside Church also invites you to a vigil at 9 p.m. The church is located at 2193 State Highway F in Branson.
Not that I'm an environmentalist, but I would opt out of balloons, especially that close to water life.
luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-20-2018, 12:52 PM   #129
MVP

All three at the same time.
Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.
Old 07-20-2018, 12:54 PM   #130
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcan View Post
This. I never thought they looked all that safe to be on the water. Maybe across a short distance for the novelty of it, but not a full-length lake tour.

There are better options to cruise the lake instead of a floating tank on wheels.
Apparently England and Ireland who do the duck boat thing were close to banning them. Instead they fitted them with pontoons on each side making more stable and nearly unsinkable. They also removed the canopy something our Coast Guard and NTSB recommended but has not happened.

When I was young we went to Branson and Table Rock Lake often our Dad never took us on the Duck. Him being in the navy during WWII maybe he knew something about those boats. As kids we always wanted to but Dad never did Instead we went on the cruise ship or rented a boat.

There are very little regulations and they vary State to State I read on these things. Sort of like hot air balloon excursions any idiot can get a permit a balloon and start charging to float you into high voltage transmission lines. Still people will pay for the thrill.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-20-2018, 12:55 PM   #131
Wasted away again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcan View Post
Probably for the best. People are eating and relaxing on the paddle boat while the duck boats are struggling. I don't know why the lady filming did not call for help? Towards the end you see the boat running out of steam and bogging down. The duck boat starts swamping with water right before the video cuts out, probably only seconds before it sank. I wonder if the paddleboat even stopped to help? Terrible.
Do you even read?

The article clearly states:

1. The paddle boat was docked
2. As soon as the crew on it saw that the duck was in distress, they started getting deployed with life jackets and other help.
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-20-2018, 12:59 PM   #132
MY LITTLE #15

Video from the other duck. I'm not sure that I wouldn't be too freaked out to be getting my phone out to film if I was on the boat.

https://www.facebook.com/NowThisNews...53212638/?t=24

Are those life jackets sitting in the front seat towards the start of the video? I think I'd be putting one of those on.
luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-20-2018, 01:01 PM   #133
Wasted away again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv View Post
Video from the other duck. I'm not sure that I wouldn't be too freaked out to be getting my phone out to film if I was on the boat.

https://www.facebook.com/NowThisNews...53212638/?t=24
WHY DIDN'T THE PERSON RECORDING THAT GET OUT AND HELP THEM!!!!!11
Old 07-20-2018, 01:02 PM   #134
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
Can't bring myself to watch it.
Not that I'm encouraging you to watch it, but it cuts out before shit really hits the fan. It's mainly just showing the two boats fighting to get to shore. Still a bit unsettling, but some of these videos are much worse.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-20-2018, 01:05 PM   #135
remember, remember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue View Post
Wonder if these guys even had radios to provide updates on the trip/tour etc.
I know they used to. my ex-wife spent a summer as the photographer at branson landing for ride the ducks (one of their two branson locations at that time) and they had radios (believe they were cb radios, don't quote me on that one) back then.

I will say, having been on one of the boats, they do offer you life vests but nobody puts them on... and table rock lake doesn't get that rough that often in my experience... that said, no way should they have let them on the water. poster before was correct, it's like an hour total for a duck ride
Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.